Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Hands up who thinks we're staying up anyway?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No i just engage my brain. I understand football. ,Hope that doesn't sound condescending

First, do keep exercising your right to post, and I will happily read.

However, sadly you do sound condescending. Yes, the optimists are guided by hope, but that means we are not guided by smugness and superiority. I am sure there will be a long queue of folk ready to bounce this thread and post it back up top if we do survive. So, I think you need a penitance if we stay up.

I suggest that NSC make you a t shirt with the message 'I know NOTHING about football' on the front for you to wear at games throughout August and September 2018. Deal?

:whistle::cheers:

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Odds are rough fella. I don't have a flutter much these days and if i do i like odds of at least 6/1. I tend to do accumulators or first goal scorers.

I could have lied and said i don't gamble though.

So, you're saying there's a chance :)

(Of course the odds are irrelevant to you if it's a certainty. Hope that doesn't sound condescending).

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
First, do keep exercising your right to post, and I will happily read.

However, sadly you do sound condescending. Yes, the optimists are guided by hope, but that means we are not guided by smugness and superiority. I am sure there will be a long queue of folk ready to bounce this thread and post it back up top if we do survive. So, I think you need a penitance if we stay up.

I suggest that NSC make you a t shirt with the message 'I know NOTHING about football' on the front for you to wear at games throughout August and September 2018. Deal?

:whistle::cheers:
I won't take pleasure in bouncing this thread next year. If needs be though i'll do it gently.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
So, you're saying there's a chance :)

I hate being the bearer of bad news but there's is no chance mate. Zero, zilch. I have already told you the odds are gash unless of course you are offering me 6/1 ?

Don't want to dwell on it now. I still haven't got over the striker crisis yet.

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
I hate being the bearer of bad news but there's is no chance mate. Zero, zilch. I have already told you the odds are gash unless of course you are offering me 6/1 ?

Don't want to dwell on it now. I still haven't got over the striker crisis yet.

But any odds are irrelevant if you believe it is a certainty - just make what you can from what's on offer.
The fact that you will only back relegation at 6/1 suggests you think staying up is more likely...

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
But any odds are irrelevant if you believe it is a certainty - just make what you can from what's on offer.
The fact that you will only back relegation at 6/1 suggests you think staying up is more likely...

I've said my piece and that's it. Pop into the Battle of Trafalgar for the WBA game i'l buy you a beer.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
If Chris Hughton manages to keep us up this season it will be a far greater achievement than getting promoted last.

Maybe just maybe we can do it, Knockeart and Izquierdo will be the key to us staying up.

So It's an apprehensive :wave:

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
No i just engage my brain. I understand football. ,Hope that doesn't sound condescending

You must be the chap who had a fiver on Leicester @ 5000/1 the season before last then? No, wait. That was a no-hoper punt by a Leicester fan. If not that season, how recently did your understanding of football get so good that you so confidently say "no chance" for us this season?

More likely than not that we'll go down? Sure. No chance of staying up? Ridiculous assertion.

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing

Have to ask, not being confrontational but am interested, what makes you think you understand football more than anyone else on here?

If you are an ex-pro or played/coached at a good level then perhaps you do.

Nothing wrong with opinions, but I've seen a few times now people/posters say, "you watch but you don't really get football," or words to that effect.

Logic would suggest we will struggle to survive particularly after the challenges of bringing a forward in, so I'm not necessarily disagreeing with your posts.

Just wondered really.......

PS - Please don't mention FIFA or Football Manager. [emoji2]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here