Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

***Malta v England*** Official Match Thread

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
looked to me like a Prem side playing a Conference side in the FA Cup. England players are lost without their talented foreign club mates !

Haven't we been regularly told that English players will improve playing alongside some of the best footballers from around the world?

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Another pointless game, and 3 points.

How much longer before UEFA look at the qualification system?

It's a joke.

Absolutely. I hate these mid season international breaks, they are an absolute waste of time. And this one at the end of August when the season has just started to get going is ridiculous.

I'm so cold to England and international football these days and it's interruption of the football season, I wish it was just consigned to the summer.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
How much longer before UEFA look at the qualification system?

It's a joke.

I disagree. I think the lesser footballing nations should be given equal billing to the bigger boys. But if a qualification system did go ahead when would you expect England to play these games? In the summer?

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
NSC Patron
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I disagree. I think the lesser footballing nations should be given equal billing to the bigger boys. But if a qualification system did go ahead when would you expect England to play these games? In the summer?

Us and Conmebol are the only confederations that don't have rounds and Conmebol have 10 teams.

We don't have to have 2 international breaks at the start of the season and then in Nov.

The smaller teams should have pre-qualifying, all the extra pointless games are destroying international football.

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Us and Conmebol are the only confederations that don't have rounds and Conmebol have 10 teams.

We don't have to have 2 international breaks at the start of the season and then in Nov.

The smaller teams should have pre-qualifying, all the extra pointless games are destroying international football.

I think it's fine as it is. It's unfair to burden the English team with an extra qualifying round; they play enough games as it is.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here