Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

2 Not allowed!
    Whatever we might think, sure there are a lot of players that look at us and, following the vast majority of tipsters, think 'nailed on relegation'. This being the case, they'll look at other clubs - and when our supposed wage cap is also taken into account (and no doubt the relegation clauses we'll have told them will be in their contracts), it's hardly surprising we're finding it difficult to sign established PL talent.
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Did you single out any other poster on all the preceding threads with similar sentiments?
      Nope, just this one. He's WAY too old to know better. It's all about him. Same as it ever was.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      The likes of Mounie , Mooy etc should have been well known to any club
      Of course they should. I really don't agree with the Wagner knowledge greater than our own in Europe as a whole, Germany of course, but France?
      @TSB had a list that included Mounie, so why hadn't our team spotted it? If we had and he was on the 'cluster', why didn't the alarm bells ring when he went to Huddersfield?

There is no masking this has been very disappointing and our approach needs to be reviewed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Nope, just this one. He's WAY too old to know better. It's all about him. Same as it ever was.
      Hardly fair in this case. I don't know, nor am I interested in any personal gripe you may have with him, but his post was fine, it expresses what so many of us feel and think. Whatever his ego may or may not be, I do not think that discounts him for expressing an opinion as so many others of us, large ego and small, have done in the last couple of days.
      If you choose not to decide you still have made a choice......
      Smile Like You Mean It Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Green Cross Code Man View Post
      Hardly fair in this case. I don't know, nor am I interested in any personal gripe you may have with him, but his post was fine, it expresses what so many of us feel and think. Whatever his ego may or may not be, I do not think that discounts him for expressing an opinion as so many others of us, large ego and small, have done in the last couple of days.
      Not like there was a shortage of existing threads for him to express his opinion on tho eh?
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

5 Not allowed!
      We have a squad that accumulated 182 points over the last two seasons
      A squad that scored 74 goals in the league last year
      A squad that finished comfortably above two of the relegated sides from the Premier league and only a point behind the other as we eased off for the last 3 games
      A squad that we have added 8 players to, many of whom are internationals
      A squad that we have invested in by being the 9th biggest net spenders during the summer transfer window
      A squad that we would have spent more on but for various reasons couldn't complete other deals
      I'm disappointed that we didn't land a striker, of course, but all this talk that we are doomed to relegation etc and heads must roll is pathetic given the proper context
      So sometimes when the music stops, I seem to hear a distant sound, Of waves and seagulls, Football crowds and church bells, And I.....want to go back to my home town
      Members

4 Not allowed!
      I can't disagree with much that Attila says - but where this falls flat for me is that if you know you're the newbie, on the back foot, you have to come up with a strategy that counters it.

If you want two players, go heavy early - secure one player with a knockout offer and go on a massive charm offensive with the player and his agent. Then play the field for the other.

Don't wait until deadline day for your A list, get surprised when other deals don't happen, and then in panic put a huge number on the table at 10.59 that the player turns down at 1am having had no prior contact with the club.

You're right Attila that we are disadvantaged - but that's no excuse - we should have known that from May.

1 Not allowed!
      All this would hold more water if we hadn't signed anyone at all.

But we have signed wingers, goalkeepers, midfielders and defenders. None of whom seemed to have a problem with either the club's status or wages that were offered.

So sorry. Load of nonsense as far as I'm concerned. We've screwed up big time and not interested in excuses.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by cjd View Post
      I wish you would bother to actually read what I posted.

I said.."after we got promoted"..i.e. in April.

Izquidero, Ryan and Propper were signed long after promotion was achieved and as for your "several strikers"...??

Anyway, carry on. My posting was questions hoping for reasonable responses......I should have realised there was more chance of signing a decent striker.
      I know what you were saying and totally agree with you. We have had since April 17 to bring in 1 or 2 goal scorers-filling up the DS appeared to be the priority.

We are stuck with what we've got so need to be extra supportive until January.

Like many, I think the club got this transfer window wrong. They need to be looking for free agents because our current strike force is Championship quality or injured.. That will not keep us up.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
      Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some abuse the privilege.

51,700 v Burnley last game in 1978/79. 4,005 v Wimbledon in 1984. Same division. I think this shows the real plastics.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Martlet View Post
      I can't disagree with much that Attila says - but where this falls flat for me is that if you know you're the newbie, on the back foot, you have to come up with a strategy that counters it.

If you want two players, go heavy early - secure one player with a knockout offer and go on a massive charm offensive with the player and his agent. Then play the field for the other.

Don't wait until deadline day for your A list, get surprised when other deals don't happen, and then in panic put a huge number on the table at 10.59 that the player turns down at 1am having had no prior contact with the club.

You're right Attila that we are disadvantaged - but that's no excuse - we should have known that from May.
      Mr Attila almost praises Huddersfield recruitment as a one off miracle a bit to much.

Paul Winstanley isn't some newbie in this field. He spent 7 years at Derby as head of recruitment. Prior to that he had 5 years at Wigan. He is now into his 3rd year with us.
      He also had a head start on Huddersfield too. There really isn't any excuses ,for this fiasco.
      KobanÓ liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL