Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678910 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Mr Attila almost praises Huddersfield recruitment as a one off miracle a bit to much.

Paul Winstanley isn't some newbie in this field. He spent 7 years at Derby as head of recruitment. Prior to that he had 5 years at Wigan. He is now into his 3rd year with us.
    He also had a head start on Huddersfield too. There really isn't any excuses ,for this fiasco.
    Perhaps he needed some help from someone with experience of the type of players we were targeting. I imagine itís a different ball game to recruiting in the championship.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Driver8 View Post
      Perhaps he needed some help from someone with experience of the type of players we were targeting. I imagine it’s a different ball game to recruiting in the championship.
      It's also possible that PW had identified good striker targets early on, after years of hard work, but TB wasn't prepared to sanction the wages that strikers demand. Until the penny dropped in the last 48 hours, that players really do hold all the aces. But by then, it was a Goodnight Vienna.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      I'm certain the club personnel were doing their best to sign the right striker
      Probably true, but their best was woeful.
      they want to stay up as much as we do
      Some of them maybe. I care about our fortunes more than some.

Fact is there were a whole bunch of players who didn't want to play for us.
      I don't think that's a fact.

I am glad that many of you are feeling more positive than I am.
      Mattress shopping

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      It's also possible that PW had identified good striker targets early on, after years of hard work, but TB wasn't prepared to sanction the wages that strikers demand. Until the penny dropped in the last 48 hours
      I find it hard to believe that Tony was stupid enough to not realise the demands until there was 24 hours left.
      Mattress shopping

2 Not allowed!
      Any one who thinks it will be any easier in the January transfer window , will be in for a big shock , it is notourously hard to get business done , and the transfere fees will be even higher

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by attila View Post
      THPP, absolutely not my intention, I have just looked at a load of thread titles, I'm on tour in Sweden not able to read through everything due to time constraints but thought I'd contribute. You are entitled to say what you like about me, but I think your comments are bizarre. I just wanted to say my bit and having a go not at what I said but where I chose to post it is odd. End of matter as far as I am concerned.
      Maybe it's just that you love the sound of your own voice ....... e.g. Your cringworthy speech outside the Evening Star after the Wigan game. Heaven forbid you express your view in a thread started by someone else.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because itís not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.

0 Not allowed!
      Woke up this morning thinking we had pulled the Jansen deal off at the very last minute but what a disappointment. Our recruitment plan over the last couple of months has failed to deliver on our most important objective and clearly needs a rethink. I don't know what led to the failure but behind the scenes those involved must learn quickly from this. If inflated prices, our low profile and bad luck played a part this needs to be built into the strategy starting now and until the end of the January window. As fans we obviously need to give CH and the players a chance to prove they can pull this round particularly if we struggle, as most now fear we will. It feels like we have made the extreme challenge of staying in the top flight almost impossible but let's hope our manager and team can surprise us all.

1 Not allowed!
      We've all been saying strikers for months and would you believe it we get none
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by 7oaksgull View Post
      We have a squad that accumulated 182 points over the last two seasons
      A squad that scored 74 goals in the league last year
      A squad that finished comfortably above two of the relegated sides from the Premier league and only a point behind the other as we eased off for the last 3 games
      A squad that we have added 8 players to, many of whom are internationals
      A squad that we have invested in by being the 9th biggest net spenders during the summer transfer window
      A squad that we would have spent more on but for various reasons couldn't complete other deals
      I'm disappointed that we didn't land a striker, of course, but all this talk that we are doomed to relegation etc and heads must roll is pathetic given the proper context
      Spot on. Huddersfield have started well and good luck to them, but let's see where we are by Christmas before panicking. Like all Albion fans,I wish we had landed one of our striker targets but there is no guarantee that 10 or even 15 million pounds would buy the 15 -20 goals we want. There is plenty of fire power in the squad and potential for one of our current wide men to step into the speedy striker role we hoped to fill during the last few days. However the season ends, we certainly don't want to be saddled with over priced and over paid panic buys.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by kemptown kid View Post
      Spot on. Huddersfield have started well and good luck to them, but let's see where we are by Christmas before panicking. Like all Albion fans,I wish we had landed one of our striker targets but there is no guarantee that 10 or even 15 million pounds would buy the 15 -20 goals we want. There is plenty of fire power in the squad and potential for one of our current wide men to step into the speedy striker role we hoped to fill during the last few days. However the season ends, we certainly don't want to be saddled with over priced and over paid panic buys.
      Plenty of firepower like who?
      This isn't the championship remember
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!