Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    ... players think they can demand more than 40K a week.
    They don't just think it, they demand it and get it, no matter how good at top flight football they are, once their greedy foot is in the door.

Only certain clubs such as a ManU or Liverpool (Oxlade took a much lower wage than Arsenal and Chelsea offered him), are such a draw that wages isn't the main attraction to some new players.

Brighton and the rest, have the choice to bend to the potential players demands, or, let them join a club who will.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Now of Littlehampton Barnham Seagull's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
      It appears to me we had an unrealistic list of Striker targets (FC Zurich lad exempt) that either did not want to join us or the clubs were unwilling to let go if so they should never have been on the list. We never going to sign a dutch international playing for Spurs at this stage.

To my mind we should have signed a couple top championship forwards early on and then tried to sign a higher profile player later in the window. This would have given us more options and an improved squad with the luxury of signing a more marque signing if it had come off.

We have been naive in the extreme
      Get used to it Palace your on the slide
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      I also agree with much of what Attila says in a sensible and considered post. The main thing now is to get behind the manager and players. I was terribly disappointed last night. (I felt similar to how I felt the day after the Crystal Palace play-off result, when Poyet resigned and we realised how much strife had undermined the players). I don't understand a strategy that ended up without signing a single recognised striker. However, we need to pull together and support the Albion, just as Attila says. The personal comments aimed at Attila are stupid and cheap. We are all Albion fans who care deeply about this club.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barnham Seagull View Post
      It appears to me we had an unrealistic list of Striker targets (FC Zurich lad exempt) that either did not want to join us or the clubs were unwilling to let go if so they should never have been on the list. We never going to sign a dutch international playing for Spurs at this stage.

To my mind we should have signed a couple top championship forwards early on and then tried to sign a higher profile player later in the window. This would have given us more options and an improved squad with the luxury of signing a more marque signing if it had come off.

Agree with all of this. We should have got one in the sand early on. An Abraham type of player would have given us a level of competence. Then sure if we could get someone brilliant later on then great, but leaving yourself exposed to having no one at this stage is just incredibly stupid.

0 Not allowed!
      Is there a quota on internet bulletin board threads that we're going over or something? It's just a few bytes of storage, won't cost much.

0 Not allowed!
      THPP, absolutely not my intention, I have just looked at a load of thread titles, I'm on tour in Sweden not able to read through everything due to time constraints but thought I'd contribute. You are entitled to say what you like about me, but I think your comments are bizarre. I just wanted to say my bit and having a go not at what I said but where I chose to post it is odd. End of matter as far as I am concerned.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barnham Seagull View Post

Janssen was shirley an after thought? I doubt Winstanley had spent a year planning his loan/purchase amongst his research. Would an international playing sometimes for Spuds consider a move to a relatively small club in a football backwater with no PL pedigree?

0 Not allowed!
      I find it hard to blame anyone as clearly the Board stumped up the cash and the recruitment staff identified the players.

Be interesting to see the small print in the contract maybe something within isn't that appealing to the players/ agents. Something clearly has gone wrong and the club need to sitdown and address all areas of our recruitment policy.

0 Not allowed!
      We are 2 points behind Arsenal.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Any reason, apart from ego, that you didn't just contribute to any of the many existing on-topic threads today?

The clear inference is that your words carry more weight than those of other posters.

They don't.
      Says the man who started yet another moaning thread about Exotic Name Fatigue. Do you only get uppity with new threads that aren't moaning about something?