Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You've changed ....

Brovion

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Agreed but....

Also very much this. Do we still have have these flipping I'm a great fan type threads! Move on for christs sake.

Agreed. It was amazing (not) how after the Great Transfer Window Disaster so many people took it on themselves to start threads all saying exactly the same thing. Also we can't go on using 1997 as a frame of reference. Yes of course we've made progress since then and it's humbling to look back, but now we need to judge ourselves by new standards.

Having said that though I do have sympathy with the OP (and all the others who started similar threads). I can't get as irate as some others by #strikerfail as I can't help but look back. Yes we didn't sign a striker and we might get relegated from the PL. Given everything we've been through (and what other clubs are going through) it is a little bit like complaining to a Syrian refugee that you think the butler has stolen your silver teaspoons.

No, I'm not going to start a new thread to say that, this one will be fine.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Agreed but....

Also very much this. Do we still have have these flipping I'm a great fan type threads! Move on for christs sake.

That's not what I'm saying, at all. I'm saying it's very easy to criticise the Chairman and Club for not buying players but look at where we were and where we are now. To reference where we were I highlighted some of the less attractive elements of our history. Move on, not a bl00dy chance, I've fully enjoyed the experience of supporting our club and the journey is very much a part of the affection I hold towards it. For the record I don't believe any fan is better or worse at supporting the club, but if someone sticks a quarter of a billion into the club I love, knowing why he's done this and the heritage his family has at the club, I'll stand up for him.

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Crikey the Hemed "injury" news will send these people into a tail spin, I'm guessing he may have told them he has a knock, and him and CH know he'll be fine for Saturday (Don't bite the hand that feeds you?)

Bob'n'weave

Nov 18, 2016
Nr Lewes
Don't forget the past etc. Great sentiment, and a mindset that is just not attainable for those who did not experience it. It's like passing on wisdom to a kid, just words, no real empathy.
Bereft of the one or two strikers we wanted, does not condemn us to relegation. Murray, Hemed, Baldock and Knocky scored 59 goals between them last season, plus we now have Brown and Izzy Whizzy - and scoring potential from our attacking midfielders - and from the big boys at the back in set pieces. I think we will be fine.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here