Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

You've changed ....

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patreon
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Cast your mind back to either The Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean or some of the oh so nears of the past few seasons.

We've always wanted a crack at The Premier League and during our wait we've laughed at clubs paying ridiculous transfer fees and wages to stay at any cost, only to see some crash and burn and the likes of WBA yo-yo a while and become established.

I don't want us to get relegated or to pay huge fees and spend years regretting one or two seasons of survival. Come on guys has TB really let us down, has PB not led us with a strong commercial focus; give the club and the Board a break and have faith in the team we have.

At the end of this chapter, be it one, two or many seasons we'll still have a viable club that can come again. #TOGETHER #UTA #KEEPTHEFAITH

P.S. Can we have chips in the ESU please! BARBER OUT! :wink:

WhingForPresident

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
Cast your mind back to either The Goldstone, Priestfield, Withdean or some of the oh so nears of the past few seasons.

We've always wanted a crack at The Premier League and during our wait we've laughed at clubs paying ridiculous transfer fees and wages to stay at any cost, only to see some crash and burn and the likes of WBA yo-yo a while and become established.

I don't want us to get relegated or to pay huge fees and spend years regretting one or two seasons of survival. Come on guys has TB really let us down, has PB not led us with a strong commercial focus; give the club and the Board a break and have faith in the team we have.

At the end of this chapter, be it one, two or many seasons we'll still have a viable club that can come again. #TOGETHER #UTA #KEEPTHEFAITH

My face when I see another one of these type of threads.

state.png

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009

There will be plenty who agree, and plenty who don't.

I'm with you, Tim. I'm with. ESU residents stand together.

My face when I see another one of these type of threads.

View attachment 88853

N.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
All correct, but if Tony Bloom feels disappointed are we not able to feel the same also?

That disappointment needs to be measured, of course.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We are in 2017 and our 6th year at the Amex with record attendances and brilliant facilities. How many times are we going to keep harping on about the past ? Most Brighton supporters are fully aware of it and appreciate the progress we have made under Bloom.. It isn't something new.

SeagullDubai

May 13, 2016

If we did pull out of deals because of greedy player demands and exorbitant fees from blood sucking, leechlike, money grasping, agents (I don't like agents) then good on the club. Its a shame that some of the other clubs do not follow suit and take a stand against this way of doing business. We just might see a return to some kind of sanity.

The_Viper

Oct 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC

We all laughed at Middlesbrough last season when the beat us out on the last day only to **** themselves over by failing to sign a striker. Not funny anymore though is it?

Neil Millin

Sep 23, 2011
Although we may not like the market - it is the market. Player costs and wages are heading in one direction - up, fuelled by ever increasing TV money. We cannot say 'no' alone and not live with the likely negative consequences.

That said, I am fervently behind the club and all they are and continue to be.

I truly hope that among the players we have, one or two emerge, step up and shine to make a real difference in the Premier League.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Transfer window + new Taylor Swift single = most boring week of the year on Twitter. Please just let it end

The relevance of the old days is you probably wouldn't moan about us only signing some biblical-looking character from Inter Milan if you'd been used to us going through Colchester's bins in search of anyone over 6ft to keep us on a par with a semi-pro Donny team at the arse end of the entire league

Murray 17

Jul 6, 2003
Its a shame that some of the other clubs do not follow suit and take a stand against this way of doing business. We just might see a return to some kind of sanity.

I understand your point, but when clubs are owned by billionaires, they are able to pay these fees and wages without a problem. Another 20k per week in wages amounts to £1m a year. That's loose change to these people.

I can't see a point when money coming into football will ever decrease - slow down a bit maybe, but not decrease.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Some people bought in wholeheartedly when they told us we are Premier League ready. They believed.

Those people are now disappointed obviously.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Appreciate your comments. but we have not been unlucky by having a striker break his leg with 1 day of transfer window to go. We have been looking for months. Last season if you count Elvis and Akpon we had 5. Now in our toughest season we cant even get one on bench.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
I think most of us would have been happy to spend half as much....... everyone knew we needed ONE striker, it was the obvious ONE thing we needed 4 months ago, 9 months ago, 12 months ago etc.

We did good business in all the little areas but our ONE important signing just hasn't happened at all. Fingers crossed the team aren't happy with our goal scoring so far this season (not just in the PL but cups and pre-season too).

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here