Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Rooney arrested for possible DUI

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
I hope the courts make an example of him and makes footballers realise that they have to abide by the law and they're not untouchable.

Assuming he wasn't too far over the limit, then the Court basically is limited to a 12 month ban and a fine, not much more they can do given that everyone is equal under the law.

Mr Banana

Tedious chump
Aug 8, 2005
Standing in the way of control
Hodgson and everyone else kept verging into half-hearted "great role model, wonderful person" stuff when they were trying to think of stuff to say t'other week. I kept thinking it would be a matter of time before he did something terrible once he retired.

There was a point, after the granny business, where someone had a word in his ear. He's been incredibly quiet and polite on press calls ever since. Always seemed a bit of a shame cos the fag in the swimming pool photo was ace

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Assuming he wasn't too far over the limit, then the Court basically is limited to a 12 month ban and a fine, not much more they can do given that everyone is equal under the law.

A selfie was taken with an Everton fan at 10pm in a pub. FOUR hours later he was arrested. During that time I don't think he'd be drinking lemonade or Red Bull, do you? He obviously went out for some fun but motorists have a huge responsiblity. I'm not a driver myself but I hardly drink these days either due to some stressful trauma I've had this year. The answer is not in the bottom of a pint glass.

If he's just had one pint* I'll retract my comments and say the law is ridiculous However, he should have got a cab and not got himself into this mess with three children and another on the way.

*average strength of ale or lager (4.0%)

Last edited:

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
No doubt he'll get off because of the stress it would cause his pregnant wife or that he's a millionaire and will have the best lawyer in Britain.

With his money he should have got a taxi. I hope the courts make an example of him and makes footballers realise that they have to abide by the law and they're not untouchable.

Exactly .

A1X

NSC Patreon
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
How expensive are taxis up north that even he can't afford one?

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Gets worse as it wasn't even his car and he was with some old slapper. Colleen will be SEETHING but she's known worse from him

This might just prove how much Barber was actually willing to sacrifice just to bring in the right centre forward.

How many other directors do you hear offering their own Grandmother and car?

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
He can afford a chauffeur for 12 months. What's the problem for him?

Half Time Pies

Sep 7, 2003
Brighton
An absolute tool maybe, but lets be honest, plenty of us have done it. You don't even need to feel or look drunk, to be over the limit.

20 years ago maybe, but in this day and age I am amazed that people still drink and drive. There really is no excuse for it, get a cab or a lift or don't drink its as simple as that.

Marty___Mcfly

I see your wicked plan - I’m a junglist.
Sep 14, 2011
cd78d34f1e6afc6dca4b62a6350214eb.jpg

Genius- so he did get a taxi... to take him to the girl's car so that he could drink drive that back to her home? That is drunk logic at its best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
Well over three times the drink drive limit according to a couple of newspapers this morning. Enough to possibly cause a serious collision.

I hope he goes the same way as Tony Adams or Jan Molby, learns a very harsh lesson and sorts himself out.

Durlston

"Garlic bread!?"
NSC Patreon
Jul 15, 2009
Haywards Heath
I read a story recently about a man being taken to court for buying the wrong train ticket from a machine! The difference was something like £1.10 and the train companies kept sending him malicious letters, saying he'll be heavily fined, a possible prison sentence when it goes to court despite never been in trouble before and offering to pay a £20 on the spot fine which they rejected.

It's a f*ck*ng mad world.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
Rough as well

He is going to really get some sh1t for this his pregnant wife was on holiday with the other kids. What was he thinking on so many levels

MAIN-Laura-Simpson.jpg

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patreon
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
cd78d34f1e6afc6dca4b62a6350214eb.jpg

Genius- so he did get a taxi... to take him to the girl's car so that he could drink drive that back to her home? That is drunk logic at its best!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If that is accurate, I hope it is used in court. Both WR and a few other PL superstars are nothing but the worst of humanity. I am not religious, but 'gluttony on life' should be made a crime.

happypig

Staring at the rude boys
May 23, 2009
Eastbourne
Well over three times the drink drive limit according to a couple of newspapers this morning. Enough to possibly cause a serious collision.

I hope he goes the same way as Tony Adams or Jan Molby, learns a very harsh lesson and sorts himself out.

If he's 3x the limit, then it's at least 2 year ban and community service.

Pretty Plnk Fairy

NSC Patreon
Jan 30, 2008
OB should spend there time aresting terrorises and migrants but the PC brigade made it illeagle . Nothing wrong with a few :drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink::drink:

Regards
DR

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Someone close to me, same age as Rooney was done recently. 'Only' twice the limit (73 mg). Was told it would cost about £15K to fight the case using loophole arguments favoured by the likes of 'Sir Alex'. So it was court, first offense, 'guilty mi'lud', 15 month ban reduced to 12 after completion of safe driving course. Minimum fine (came to about £200 in the end). And endless grief from the old man....

Rooney will have to pay more to get off but as othrs have said he can afford a chauffeur for a year. Or Uber on speed dial.

There is a fair chance some of his sponsorship opportunities may dry up now, but he has such a dull voice that the likes of Crispy Linneker have nowt to worry about, competitionwise.

However, it's his balls on the end of Colleen's fork that will be more of a worry for him. The rediculous entitled cockwomble.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here