Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom's Open Letter

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Lukakus 25 goals were Everton made a 9 point contribution to their tally last season.
3 goals from anyone could be worth as much. A prolific striker is obviously desirable, but it does not mean we cannot stay up without one.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
FDR?

Maybe the only thing we have to fear is fear itself...

Unfortunately, he also said this "The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little"

Which is probably more apt for our Striker/goals situation.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Where were you when we were winning?

Didn't feel the need to keep praising everything lol. Already enough people doing that. Happy to sit back and enjoy. But I think having been going since 79 and ever since. Gives me as much right as anyone to an opinion. Didn't realise this was a closed forum and you had to post all the time. But this is such a major screw up, I felt the need to voice my opinion.

whitelion

Dec 16, 2003
Southwick
Whilst missing out on the marquee signing striker is more than a little unfortunate I think we're so fortunate to have Tony Bloom as chairman and this letter comes from the heart.

We'll still do ok 'til the next window and I'm sure the situation will be rectified.

Lower West Stander

Mar 25, 2012
Back in Sussex
Wonderfully fortunate to have him as Chairman.

The letter almost reads like an apology to me.

Doesn't go as far as to say the club screwed up - but not far off.

I expect heads to roll in January if our transfer policy lets us down again.

Somehow Tony always manages to sound less condescending than Barber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Wonderfully fortunate to have him as Chairman.

The letter almost reads like an apology to me.

Doesn't go as far as to say the club screwed up - but not far off.

I expect heads to roll in January if our transfer policy lets us down again.

Somehow Tony always manages to sound less condescending than Barber.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has Barber actually said anything about the transfer window failings?

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Doc Lynam

I hate the Daily Mail
Jun 19, 2011
I think it's most likely down to our wages structure!. If it's really true that we refuse to pay more then 40K PW. Then I really don't see any top quality player being obtainable.

Of course I'm aware that we should not be paying out 80K+pw, To run this club properly.
But then the Premier League IS NOT being run properly.

And if we don't adjust to that fact, then we simply cannot operate in this league.

Your hypothesis is based on pure speculation right?

Also great use of capitals!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
I think it's most likely down to our wages structure!. If it's really true that we refuse to pay more then 40K PW. Then I really don't see any top quality player being obtainable.

Of course I'm aware that we should not be paying out 80K+pw, To run this club properly.
But then the Premier League IS NOT being run properly.

And if we don't adjust to that fact, then we simply cannot operate in this league.

Are you talking about Janssen?

If so, my reckoning is that issue wasn't wages as reports suggest that Janssen's agent agreed to the deal and surely that's only likely if he considered the money right for his client. It did just seem to be the case that Janssen didn't want to play for Brighton.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It did just seem to be the case that Janssen didn't want to play for Brighton.

Something that could have been rectified if he had longer than 8 minutes to think about it.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Hopefully lessons will have been learned and the transfer business is carried out earlier in the window. Get the main business sorted early and worry about the bit part players later on as it will not be so drastic if we miss out on them

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Not necessarily. Maybe they think Ryan will take time to adjust. Hence, bring someone experienced in for this season. Ryan could be great next year....

Sorry, you're saying we've spent £5 million on a keeper who 'they may think will take time to adjust' and who may be great next year.

That's just bizarre.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Are you talking about Janssen?

If so, my reckoning is that issue wasn't wages as reports suggest that Janssen's agent agreed to the deal and surely that's only likely if he considered the money right for his client. It did just seem to be the case that Janssen didn't want to play for Brighton.

But he might have come on loan? Who knows.

Only we couldn't sign him on loan as we'd signed another keeper on loan, meaning our two loans were already used up.

And why had we signed that keeper on loan? Because the one we'd spent £5 million on doesn't inspire confidence ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here