Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Bloom's Open Letter

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Which makes what Burnley, Bournemouth, Stoke, Palace, WBA, Leicester have all done in recent years nothing short of a miracle really. Clearly it's impossible to compete in this league obviously.

I don't think it is, but have the club not all but said it is?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not necessarily. Maybe they think Ryan will take time to adjust. Hence, bring someone experienced in for this season. Ryan could be great next year....

To add, Jim, the days of having one keeper, like FDR, and playing him every game and hoping for the best, are long gone. We need at least two top class keepers in case of injury, loss of form, etc.

I think the club's relentless strengthening at the back is a smart move, despite the others who think we should have spunked 40 mill on a show pony centre forward.

All the best from sunny Faversham :wave:

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Tarpon

Sep 12, 2013
BN1
Not far off to be fair:thumbsup:
One thing for sure is that we won't spend anything big in January as what's the point?
In the relegation zone handing out big contracts? Not goner happened.Maybe a young talented player for £5 million or loan is the only options as our squad has no hope what's so ever of escaping the drop.
I doubt this squad would win the championship to be frank :)

You've gone very large on us being relegated then?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
No other premier league clubs have only one fit striker. I’d swap one of our three keepers for a striker any day.

But that wasn't the discussion. I would happily take an extra striker but I will not criticise the recruitment of another keeper.

Should we have held back on the Krul loan till we had signed a striker (in order to allow for an emergency loan striker) we would have been keeper lite had the striker signing fallen through, which it did. See... its so complicated it can hardly be explained..

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
You win games by scoring goals, simple, the most important position is the strikers.
We should have concentrated on that first before the other positions.
Great to have the best defense and goalkeeper, debatable, but no one stays in this league win 0 -0 results week in week out.

You win games by scoring goals, simple, the most important position is the strikers.
Great to have the best defense and goalkeeper, debatable, but no one stays in this league win 0 -0 results week in week out.

As Sunderland proved last year having a good striker guarantees you nothing so to suggest strikers are more important than any other position is nonsense. Creating chances is equally as important, as is a good defensive record. Hypothetically thirty eight 0-0 draws will almost certainly keep you in this division.

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
No premier league club has only two decent keepers.

Exactly. The club's stated aim since the window opened was to have 3 quality keepers. They have done this and they still get criticised. You never know what's round the corner. Only takes one sending off for Ryan and an injury for his replacement and the third keeper is needed.

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
As Sunderland proved last year having a good striker guarantees you nothing so to suggest strikers are more important than any other position is nonsense. Creating chances is equally as important, as is a good defensive record. Hypothetically thirty eight 0-0 draws will almost certainly keep you in this division.

Did you watch the Watford game.

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
Great to have the best defense and goalkeeper, debatable, but no one stays in this league win 0 -0 results

Stockdale made a goalkeeper the number one priority. It's clear they have been working for months and months on a striker. Not getting one does not mean it was any less of a priority.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Let's hear from a few supporters who have ran a premier league football team trying their damnest to get in a top striker in the last week of the transfer deadline. I'd love to know how complicated it is. Some of you are a f..ucking disgrace. It's obvious that letter was written because of all the whinging on social media and most probably on here. I wish TB hadn't written that letter really but then again that shows the quality of the man I guess.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
In an ideal world we would have signed 3 strikers. With people also going out. We deffo needed 2 and come Thursday evening we were praying for 1. We ended up with none. All the other areas look fine and covered, I will even say impressive (bar Ryan). But to end up with the same 3 strikers, we finished last season with. Is a total and utter cock up, no matter which way you cut it. And anyone who thinks it's ok needs to pull their head out of their arse. It doesn't matter where we have come from. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt. It's all about the now, not the yesterday and certain people within club have f##ked up on a monumental level.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Let's hear from a few supporters who have ran a premier league football team trying their damnest to get in a top striker in the last week of the transfer deadline. I'd love to know how complicated it is. Some of you are a f..ucking disgrace. It's obvious that letter was written because of all the whinging on social media and most probably on here. I wish TB hadn't written that letter really but then again that shows the quality of the man I guess.

I ran a bath once, and I was damn good at it. :shrug:

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
In an ideal world we would have signed 3 strikers. With people also going out. We deffo needed 2 and come Thursday evening we were praying for 1. We ended up with none. All the other areas look fine and covered, I will even say impressive (bar Ryan). But to end up with the same 3 strikers, we finished last season with. Is a total and utter cock up, no matter which way you cut it. And anyone who thinks it's ok needs to pull their head out of their arse. It doesn't matter where we have come from. Been there, done that and got the t-shirt. It's all about the now, not the yesterday and certain people within club have f##ked up on a monumental level.

Where were you when we were winning?

Gully Forever

May 9, 2011
I think it's most likely down to our wages structure!. If it's really true that we refuse to pay more then 40K PW. Then I really don't see any top quality player being obtainable.

Of course I'm aware that we should not be paying out 80K+pw, To run this club properly.
But then the Premier League IS NOT being run properly.

And if we don't adjust to that fact, then we simply cannot operate in this league.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here