Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 310111213141516 ... LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    As a supporter I appreciate his honesty and his desire to communicate with fans. But I'm still astounded that we haven't signed a single player in the position we needed to strengthen most. 3 months to do the most important piece of business and we simply weren't organised enough to be ahead of the game.

I do hope that the club are better prepared by January to put this right. Onwards and upwards though.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B-right-on View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      End of the day, the recruitment team are to blame as it was their job to bring in a striker and they didn't. It's no secret that we needed one. So surely they would have a plan A, if that didn't work, B, C, D etc...

And have the brains and nous to know that leaving it until the deadline day, we could potentially be left with no additional striker.

Someone f*cked up. Royally. Whoever was the 'striker finder' I'm sure is on a bob or 2 wages and hasn't produced a product for it. Despite knowing at least 4 months ago.

ManUre did all their deals early. I dislike Jose but you can't fault his method.
      I couldn't agree less. The 'striker finder' lined them up (plan A-Z) only for us to be rejected by the club and/or player. The only thing he could be accused of is finding players slightly out of our reach, and so he ****ing should.

I'm as dissapointed as anyone, but to accuse the Albion of not trying is mental.

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Indeed.

However, getting players to a team that looks doomed to relegation can be a tricky proposition and may require even greater money to be thrown at the problem in order to convince someone you actually want to commit.

We need to look like we still have a chance in the new year.

The trouble with the January transfer window is , everyone will know we are desperate for a striker or two and the fees will be even higher than now

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bold Seagull View Post
      Or you might assume it was Tottenham whom offered him to us at the last minute once they secured Llorente when Swansea confirmed Bony. Why blame us for that? We probably got a call late doors saying Janssen is available if we wanted to do a deal, we clearly agreed this in principle with Spurs because the Deal Sheet was submitted before 11pm, we just couldn't agree personal terms with the player at such short notice.

So many ways to look at these things, but would the club have been wrong not to have considered this at the last minute?
      It was worth a punt, once several months worth of strikers research and moves made had all crumbled to dust.

0 Not allowed!
      BBC1 SE News will be covering this shortly.

Due to the usual time constraints, will probably be a rushed piece.
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by tigertim68 View Post
      The trouble with the January transfer window is , everyone will know we are desperate for a striker or two and the fees will be even higher than now
      I would rather us go down than pay over the odds for a player. We can say we did the right thing and have not become part of the problem with money in football.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      That applies to most clubs i guess. The only beacon of light is that we will be part of the parachute brigade when we go down. Also the value of our players will rise providing they perform reasonably well at this level. We could easily fetch 20 million for Dunk
      This must be a wind up.
      Have you seen the Muppet Show........

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Ernest View Post
      They still wouldn't be good enough for the PL
      I know that. I'd just be happier if they were all fit that's all.
      So, many, many thanks and see you soon, because it’s not a goodbye, I know I will come back, I have to.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The_Viper View Post
      We'll be selling in January, not buying.
      Not far off to be fair
      One thing for sure is that we won't spend anything big in January as what's the point?
      In the relegation zone handing out big contracts? Not goner happened.Maybe a young talented player for £5 million or loan is the only options as our squad has no hope what's so ever of escaping the drop.
      I doubt this squad would win the championship to be frank
      UP THE ALBION!!!!!

2 Not allowed!
      Tony Bloom is a legend. We are very lucky to have someone like him at the helm. UTA.