Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Club statement on the transfer window bingo card

Hungry Joe

SINNEN
Oct 22, 2004
Heading for shore
Brighton & Hove Albion chairman Tony Bloom has written an open letter to Albion supporters following the end of the transfer window last night.

Dear Supporter,

Our first Premier League transfer window ended shortly before 1am this morning.

We have secured many excellent signings which have strengthened the squad in many areas. In doing so, we have invested many tens of millions of pounds and we have broken our own record transfer fee three times. However, in what turned out to be a very eventful final day, we failed to secure the additional striker which has left all of us feeling very disappointed.

Our recruitment team, led by Paul Winstanley, worked tirelessly throughout the summer - and indeed in the many months before - to identify targets, prepare the ground work for our transfers, and to put us in the best possible position to execute deals at the optimum time in the window. A far from easy task, and a far from exact science.

Transfer windows are highly complex and dynamic. They require considerable investments in time, resources, energy, judgement, and, of course, finances. We were short in none of these areas. Transfer windows also require patience and good fortune. We were patient from the outset but, in the end, fortune did not come our way.

As we have seen in our first three matches of the season, the Premier League represents a big step up from the Championship. Your support for the team - both home and away - will be vital.

During the remainder of the international break, we will be working hard to re-group and to start the process of preparing our team for our second home Premier League match when West Brom visit us at the Amex on 9 September. And, such is the nature of player recruitment, our work for the next transfer window continues without pause.

Thank you for your continued and excellent support for the club.

Best wishes

Tony Bloom
Chairman

Don't think I've won, bugger.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
What a load of bollox if that's the best u can come up with tony then time to move on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh shut up you tit.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Someone definitely needs to move on, but it ain't TB.

Well he ain't going to recoup any of his money next season that's for sure u might b happy but most are not more so with the last min of racing around why so late .look at terriers they hit the ground running r u happy to lose every game feel for hughton and players

Argartu

Jun 5, 2014
Well he ain't going to recoup any of his money next season that's for sure u might b happy but most are not more so with the last min of racing around why so late .look at terriers they hit the ground running r u happy to lose every game feel for hughton and players

It's easy to hit the ground running when your first game is away at a Palace side who are competely disorganised. We knew we'd lose against City. Hudds v Newcastle looked very close until Shelvey lost his head, us playing away at a PL winning team is again, a very tough game. You're comparing apples and ruddy oranges.

We've looked better and better as the games have gone by, defending v Watford was good and we were unlucky not to nick at least one goal. Can I have your season ticket please? You clearly don't want it.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011
I know truth hurts but I won't abuse you . Have a nice day

The truth hurts? That the owner should 'move on' because we didn't sign a striker? Christ.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

TB has never said he's looking to recoup money. It's not about that for him. What he's not prepared to do though is spunk millions on players he and his team think aren't a good fit, or bust the clubs wage structure etc.

It's very disappointing for sure, but recruitment in football is just an extreme example of how it works in lots of other industries. Last minute counter offers, people changing their minds last minute, dodgy agents etc etc is all normal. Luckily most of the time the rest of us don't have a hard deadline to work to and the ridiculous price and wage inflation that's happening in football. The market for strikers is also way too tight to operate sensibly - demand outstripping supply of decent candidates.

The club will simply have to rethink their strategy for the next window. I bet they do - just have to hope CH can work some magic with what he has in the meantime to make us competitive.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here