Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Izzy Brown: Have we already got our CF

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
last season he was used behind the strikers as a sort of floating link between Mooy and the forward line. He is not an out and out striker and when he was moved into that position you could see he is not that comfortable. he is certainly not a "hold it up" player like Murray or Hemmed or one that would throw himself at crosses, rather a player who follows up and creates for other people.

Its a shame we didn't look at Nakki Wells, but that has gone now.

sant andreu

Dec 18, 2011
I was optimistically thinking the same – Brown's young and an attacking player already, hopefully he can adapt to be more of a goal getter... ... I'm an optimist, I'll admit

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Wasn't option one to play Virgo up front 12 years ago - he did ok!

to be fair this is supposedly the best league in the world and we are playing allegedly against the best defenders in the world. Comparison with Virgo upfront against Swindon are a tad desperate.

DTES

Jul 7, 2003
London
to be fair this is supposedly the best league in the world and we are playing allegedly against the best defenders in the world. Comparison with Virgo upfront against Swindon are a tad desperate.

Nobody is suggesting Izzy Brown is going to score a hat-trick at Old Trafford, but he might well score at home to (teams like) West Brom. Comparing him to Adam Virgo (as a striker) is just about on a par with comparing Ahmed Hegazi to Sammy Igoe.

Stoke finished 13th last year, and their top scorer was Peter Crouch with 7 goals. Izzy can score 7 this season.

Last edited:

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
CH played IB worryingly deep against both Atletico Madrid and Manchester City. But I guess we were pretty much under the cosh in both those games, and the assumption was probably that there would be more natural attacking options coming over the hill before the end of the transfer window. Whole new ball game now, so he may well get his chance up front.

Worryingly deep? He was playing left wing if I remember it right and not as one of the front two. If he was back working hard in our own half it was because he was helping out his fullback. When we signed him I'm sure Hughton said he was signed as a striker. I can't see him playing wide now we have everyone fit plus the additional signings. Gross, Murray and Hemed will have to play well to get in ahead of Brown. I've only seen him v girona, Athletico and City but he looks like the real deal to me.

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
Nobody is suggesting Izzy Brown is going to score a hat-trick at Old Trafford, but he might well score at home to (teams like) West Brom. Comparing him to Adam Virgo (as a striker) is just about on a par with comparing Ahmed Hegazi to Sammy Igoe.

Stoke finished 13th last year, and their top scorer was Peter Crouch with 7 goals. Izzy can score 7 this season.

Great shout.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Back for West Brom, all being well. Don't forget Jose Izquierdo, either. Both have pace and can give defenders problems.

Great News if he is fit for WBA. In reality I will settle for Bournemouth or even Newcastle, so long as he back this month.

Aug 23, 2011

Schelotto got 4 goals in 16 games at Parma, give him a go, hes got the height and nicknamed the greyhound he likes to run

Richy_Seagull

Oct 7, 2003
Brighton
864267fbbe918f5b710f8e2b9e48e280.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deadly Danson

Oct 22, 2003
Brighton
For the sake of all things ****

Oh for goodness sake- hope its not that long. Quite apart from the striker issue, we have been exceptionally unlucky so far since clinching promotion - injuries to Kayal, Baldock, Brown, Knocky and Murray, 2 failed medicals and last minute transfer hitches, hit the post twice v Watford and not forgetting the 2 goals Norwich scored against us in April off Stockdale. Whatever else happens this season, we could do with our luck changing (and yes i know to an extent you make your own luck).

Nathan

Jan 8, 2010
I doubt that is the case. We would be tracking his recovery very closely and if there was a chance he would be out for 3 months we wouldn't continue with the loan, which would have enabled us to get someone else in.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
4-6-0

No easy let out for the defence hoofing the ball to a big striker. This does not produce many goals on the Premier League anyway. We might have to play football instead. Unless we lob it over the top for a speed merchant.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here