View Poll Results: Should heads roll in the recruitment team?

Voters
116. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, yes they do

49 42.24%
  • No, no of course they don't, not their fault

67 57.76%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    No. Stop being such precious little snowflakes. We've brought in seven new players we need to bed in - more than half a team. Let's just get on with it.
    WTF
    Weather forecast for tonight: dark.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by beorhthelm View Post
      thats all very nice, however we've been light upfront for some time and now that we've a couple of injuries this is shown to be a false economy. individually Murray, Hemed or Baldock are good players, the fact that is all we have when deploying 4-4-2 is a significant problem, add in that Baldock seems injury prone and Murray is no stranger to the physio, means we've really ballsed up. i hope Tilley will be given chances now, the only good thing that can come of the situation.
      Sadly I've got a feeling that one area the club will bust a gut to 'achieve' is to make sure its policy of not letting DS attacking players anywhere near the first team remains intact. Really hope I'm wrong, and that we see the likes of Tilley and Connolly on the bench.
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      No. I'm disappointed we haven't got an exciting new striker, but I'm not in emotional meltdown over it, and so needy that I need someone to blame.
      Well said ..unlike a few who don't seem to be around when things are good they just like to stir the pot

0 Not allowed!
      No. Stop being such precious little snowflakes. We've brought in seven new players we need to bed in - more than half a team. Let's just get on with it.
      Playing in inferior leagues, without a premier league appearance between them, some from relegated teams with performances not stronger than those on the bench/played last season and questionable. Nice comment. A striker would have been one hell of a lift for the club.
      With a Monkey Man Plan Monkey Man's Avatar

2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Icy Gull View Post
      My take is that it was very very clear from the moment that we were promoted that we were light up front both in numbers and quality and we should have recruited at least one striker even if he was no better than what we have so that at least we had options should more than one of the three we had got injured. It was a massive failing not to even cover that base imo . I can understand how we failed to get in a world class striker. To have ended up after two games with one striker is just incompetent imo. Surely the recruitment team have to take responsibility??

Feel free to disagree but I am not comfortable putting this down to "shit happens" in an outfit that prides itself on it's efficiency and covering all bases.
      My view is that as fans we are entitled to feel unhappy, let down or angry. But we're not qualified to pronounce on people's careers based on the limited knowledge that we have.
      Chicken Run, November 10, 1979.

0 Not allowed!
      Well said .
      I don't count Sheep to fall asleep, I shoot Palace Pikeys and torch their Caravans, one by one , oh what fun !.My blood runs Blue and White since 1963,a proud ex North Stander.

0 Not allowed!
      I doubt it. But I'm not clicking on "not their fault"
      Mattress shopping

0 Not allowed!
      Tony Bloom will be furious and embarrassed that the momentum that he has been building here has been seriously compromised.

We knew the weaknesses, funds were available, targets had been identified. But the process failed to deliver the absolutely critical signing of a striker.

There will be consequences. It will invariably mean a change in process, probably an improvement in the recruitment team (bringing in more experience) and it could mean people losing their jobs. The buck stops with the CEO - no matter how much other people failed or interfered. If his team failed to follow procedures, then that's a different issue. Sadly, the one thing we can guarantee is that by Christmas, it will be a damn site harder to attract striker talent.

However, not for NSC to demand people are sacked. We don't know the details or the constraints they were working under.

0 Not allowed!
      Without knowing what their brief was in identifying players to suit our requirements, how can anyone judge whether they achieved or not.
      Only Barber and Bloom will know this and as Burke obviously failed in Blooms mind and was sacked, I assume Winstanley will be treated the same, if they deemed he failed.

0 Not allowed!
      When everyone accepts we are now in a much harder position on transfers as newbies to the Premier League the penny might drop
      I surrender all control
      To the desire that consumes me whole
      Leads me by the hand to infinity
      Lies in wait at the heart of me - the Albion of course !