Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Formations available to CH...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Yes the non-striker signing is a blow there is no getting away from that.

There are however still a number of formations available to the gaffer.

Option 1:

The tried and tested

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Suttner
Knockaert Stephens Propper March
Gross/Izquierdo
Hemed

Option 2:

Interesting that CH said Schelotto can play RB or attacking wing back so you could go with

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Suttner
Schelotto Stephens Propper March
Knockaert
Izquiedo/Hemed

Option 3:

More offensive

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Suttner
Sidwell Stephens Propper
Knockaert Izquierdo March

Option 4:

Ryan
Bruno Dunk Duffy Suttner
Knockaert Stephens Propper March
Hemed Izquierdo

What would your preferred formation be?

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
We scored plenty of goals last season. Why not throw caution to the wind and stick to what we did last season ?!?

If we really can't do that because the players aren't up to it then the whole squad ain't good enough not just the strikers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
We can't not play with a CF
With what's available Hemed or Brown at CF. maybe Brown as he has pace and a bit of power with march AK and Izquierdo in behind

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
Krul
Schelotto Dunk Duffy Suttner
Stephens Propper
Knockaert Gross Izquierdo
Hemed​

4-5-1 when not in possession. Springs to a 4-3-3 on the counter attack with Knocky - Inside Forward, runs at their LB. Hemed (False 9) and Izzy - Inside Forward runs at their RB. Gross stays back at the edge of the area for cutbacks. Hemed looks for the whipped in crosses and rebounded sitters.

Last edited:

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Someone in a midfield 3 will have to get forward in support of the striker, worked under MA in his second season of his first spell. WA mentioned this last week that one of centre midfielders has got to get forward quicker, but with only 2 in there at mo, i think CH doesn't want one to commit themselves but in a 3 it can work.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Krul-Ryan
Bruno-Goldson-Dunk-Duffy-Hunemeier-Suttner
Izquierdo-Knockaert-March​

Krul for the shots that Ryan can't reach, park the bus then punt it up to our fast players.

:D

y2dave

Jul 23, 2003
Bracknell
only possible upside is giving Brown a chance to show he can play as the focal point striker. Need to build a side around that to have a chance.

virtual22

Nov 30, 2010
We just need to play for penalties in every game, don't bother shooting, just hit the deck! We have one of the best penalty takers in the world!!!! :smile:

DarrenFreemansPerm

⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Sep 28, 2010
Shoreham
We scored plenty of goals last season. Why not throw caution to the wind and stick to what we did last season ?!?

If we really can't do that because the players aren't up to it then the whole squad ain't good enough not just the strikers.

So say we create a shit tonne of chances from Jose, Knocky and March but don't actually score, that's the whole squads fault is it, or could that possibly be attributable to sub standard strikers?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
At one point, P*rtsm**th under Redknapp played without a recognised number 9 but with two very wide forwards. They packed midfield and looked for balls over the defence for the two speedsters to run onto. When the other team had the ball, the wingers stayed wide, preventing the opposition full backs getting the ball but allowing the central defenders - often the least competent users of the ball - as much possession as they wanted.

For us that might look like this:

Ryan/Krul

Bruno Duffy Dunk Suttner/Schelotto

Sidwell

Stephens Propper Gross

Knockaert. Izquierdo

Last edited:

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
Personally think he might go for three at the back

Ryan
Bruno dunk Duffy
Schellto Stephens propper suttner

Knocky hemed izqu

midnight_rendezvous

Aug 10, 2012
The Black Country

Because we are missing a key ingredient. Baldock (or a striker of his ilk). Baldock may not have scored lots of goals but his running off the ball, behind the defenders etc drags defenders every which may meaning the 'big' striker has more time on the ball. The 4-4-2 set up that bore so much fruit was only ever effective when we had the mix of pace and strength up top. It's mad to think that so much of our play was set up around a player who was always injured.

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
Without a new striker now I think we should go with a 4-3-3 with March as a false 9. I just don't think it's worth starting Hemed, he's not good enough but he'll do on the bench for now until Murray and Baldock are back. In March, Knockaert and Ezquierdo we've got three pacey, really technically gifted players we need to utilise to the max.

Ryan;

Schelotto - Dunk - Duffy - Suttner;

Stephens - Gross - Propper;

Knockaert - March - Ezquierdo.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here