Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Connolly, Tilley or Alzate

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Why not throw one of them in as a regular in the squad? Time to throw some bright young talent into the deep end.

Don Tmatter

Jul 7, 2003
dont matter
Is Connolly 17 yet? As posted yesterday he struggled v Barnet so it'd do more harm than good throwing him in PL. J MD hasn't set L2 alight so far. Tilley not an out & out striker and Alzate's had 2-3 games for U23's so better off with Brown or Gross further forward til Baldocks fit.

GooGull

Aug 14, 2016
I like the look of Alzate, think is definately a player in there. Wouldn't do any harm for him to get time in the first team squad. Maybe could end up doing a Rashford, being played in an emergency when a player broke down in the warm up

Napier's Knee

Mar 23, 2014
West Sussex
I've seen them all except JMD and none of them are anywhere near first team quality yet.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
Well they can learn their trade with the first team and will probably be much improved with better players around them. Like I say, the throwing the kid in the deep end syndrome can surprise you. I'm not sure Hemed is anywhere near the standard either so why not. That's why the club considered sending him back to the Championship

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
This is desperate. We should not be in this position to be discussing a 17 year old in the first team hours after the transfer deadline passed.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
This is desperate. We should not be in this position to be discussing a 17 year old in the first team hours after the transfer deadline passed.

Not quite as desperate as our attempt at getting a striker last night. Calm down, maybe vent your anger on the Time for Bloom to sell thread

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
If any of them were thought of in terms of they might be able to produce on the big stage then one of them would have been on the bench last week rather than having no strikers on it at all don't you think?

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
Not quite as desperate as our attempt at getting a striker last night. Calm down, maybe vent your anger on the Time for Bloom to sell thread

I'm calm and not agree. Just saying that we should be having such a discussion.

Now go off and jump on the back of someone else's comment that you're misinterpret as whatever agenda your getting off on today.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
I'm calm and not agree. Just saying that we should be having such a discussion.

Now go off and jump on the back of someone else's comment that you're misinterpret as whatever agenda your getting off on today.

You're not even making any sense now. This is a forum for discussion and debate. If you only want to read what pleases you you're on the wrong kind of website. You are clearly in the mood for an arguement.....have it with someone else.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
Until they play, you just don't know how they're going to get on.

I don't want to throw a kid to the wolves, but Tilley looks like he's got a good head on his shoulders and a good technique. Having him, and the others, train with the senior squad can't do them any harm.

Hyperion

Nov 1, 2010
If any of them were thought of in terms of they might be able to produce on the big stage then one of them would have been on the bench last week rather than having no strikers on it at all don't you think?

I think that's probably true in a broad sense but why not put one on the bench? Sometimes players step up a gear in big occasions, it's all I'm suggesting

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

No. It's in the club's DNA not to trust youngsters (especially young strikers) in the first team or on the bench. That may now have to be challenged.

Clive Walker

Stand Or Fall
Jul 5, 2011
Brighton
You're not even making any sense now. This is a forum for discussion and debate. If you only want to read what pleases you you're on the wrong kind of website. You are clearly in the mood for an arguement.....have it with someone else.

Laters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here