Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rate our transfer window

How do you rate our Summer transfer business?

• 10 (Brilliant)

Votes: 4 1.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 9 2.3%

Votes: 54 13.8%

Votes: 64 16.4%

Votes: 58 14.9%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • 1 (Rubbish)

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London
Think we've done well and strengthened everywhere.

Except where it's most important.

Is it PotG?

Thrifty non-licker
Feb 20, 2017
Sussex by the Sea

len.jpg

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
Gone 3.
That is no reflection on the signings we have made as I believe most will turn out to be good business but we went into this window (and the previous, the one before that and probably the one before that) knowing we were weak up front and we have still not addressed the issue.
I have not commented on the transfer window until now willing to have faith but I do feel disillusioned this morning, I am no happy clapper or whinger and feel, like most true supporters I sit somewhere in the middle but I do feel we have missed the opportunity we fought for years to achieve - we are now playing in the Premier League for the first time with one hands tied behind our backs. I can understand the clubs stance and I don't like the way football has gone at the top end with obscene transfer fees and wages, but if we want to sit at the top table then we have to pay the admission fee, those are the rules. What I was looking for was no more than a fighting chance to stay in the League but I really can't see that with the strike force we currently have and by January it will be too late.

On the plus side I will continue to support the players we have and will go into each game with my blind optimism but I just can't see where the goals are coming from and if by any chance we do survive I will be ecstatic and we should have a bigger party than last year because it will be a monumental feat but in the meantime lets just party and have fun.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
Aug 8, 2005

We went into the summer with a very clear weakness up front. We didn't resolve this across the whole summer and despite desperate last minute efforts we failed. Quite simply, a total failure.

We should have gone large on two strikers and saved the rest of the money spent which frankly looks like a total waste.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Merson gave us a D- worst grade of all clubs. In numbers it's a 5 for me.

To be fair, Merson just insulted the whole of the north of Watford, and he hates us anyway!

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
We've wasted a lot of money on a lot of average players yet somehow failed to get the one thing we've known we've needed since we got promoted, I'd say that's pretty disastrous myself.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
Would be a 4 because from what iv'e seen so far Ryans no better than Stockdale , Krul is a decent keeper who will certainly challenge for the number 1 spot ,Suttner looks very slow but a good crosser so basically a Skalak without the i'm going to eat you alive look , Propper looks like he has ability but not up to speed yet , Gross looks pretty good but still unsure of himself going forward ,not a clue about the new lad at right back , no striker is a point deducted on it's own , but i keep thinking about the track back and tackle from Izquierdo at Watford , he made up 18 yards on their quickest player and won the ball , i loved that and think we may have landed a real gem of a player in Jose . So 6

RandyWanger

Je suis rôti de boeuf
Mar 14, 2013
Done a Frexit, now in London
I don't see myself as a wetter, my sheets were dry this morning, I went to bed at 11 last night thinking we'd not signed what we want in the last 4 months, 2 more hours won't make a difference.

5/10 as I think we started well, Gross, Suttner, Ryan, Propper will come good. Brown will be fine once back and Izquierdo looks like he'll be a star for us. Yesterday was a bit of a disappointment. Schelotto, yeah, sure, we could use the cover but I don't think it's an upgrade. Confused about Krul on Loan.

We held onto March and AK so that's a bonus but I'm worried about our lack of strength and depth up front. It's not like we didn't know we needed more strikers, without all the injuries we still needed to bring more in. Why leave it so late?

Paul Merson is a ****.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
5, I think the other signings will come good but lose 4 for the striker **** up

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
6 Disappointed we didn't get at least one Striker upgrade and shift out the deadwood. Need more time to make a realistic assessment of how good/bad are signings are but added a point to counter act all the OTT negativity #doingmybit

Albion100

Jan 4, 2013
Patcham
1 at the moment as they are all unproven in the prem (Except for Krul). Could come good but I'm not confident. Also what we really need was a striker so it would be a 5 at best for me and not enough to stay up.

CorgiRegisteredFriend

May 29, 2011
Boring By Sea
Have to say 5. Disagree with some people who say we have wasted money in places. Far too early to say that.

graz126

Oct 17, 2003
doncaster
A good striker would have turned into a 9.5... but still a 7

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Bognor Bystander

Looking for a new job
Oct 7, 2010
Bognor Regis
A positive 6 - some useful looking acquisitions and confidence that Hughton has a plan for a March/Murray/Knocky interchangeable frontline - maybe ?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
6. very disappointed in the lack of a striker(s) but I still think the other signings will come good once they settle in.

If we are not cut adrift by Jan, who knows what might happen?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here