Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rate our transfer window

How do you rate our Summer transfer business?

• 10 (Brilliant)

Votes: 4 1.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 9 2.3%

Votes: 54 13.8%

Votes: 64 16.4%

Votes: 58 14.9%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • 1 (Rubbish)

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost

We have signed players but it's unreasonable to expect them to jump straight into the squad and immediately perform. Krul will be good competition for Ryan, De Gea was cack for United and now one of the best in the world. Stockdale was cack for us and became the best keeper we've had.

The clear failure to sign a striker caps my grade any higher. It is embarrassing how a glaringly obvious position was left for so long. Granted, Dwamena was failed by our medical staff and jannsen rejectes us, but why was Andone left late? Was he not a target at the beginning? We could have signed him if we applied pressure sooner.

Hugo Rune

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton

but why was Andone left late?

This was all agreed subject to the transfer of Carrillo to Coruna which the 'deal' was waiting on. When that collapsed at the last minute, so did the Andone transfer (and a potential Hemed to Reading deal one would think).

Source: Argus

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
This was all agreed subject to the transfer of Carrillo to Coruna which the 'deal' was waiting on. When that collapsed at the last minute, so did the Andone transfer (and a potential Hemed to Reading deal one would think).

Source: Argus

Ahh - I just literally read Barber's statement and that makes much more sense.

Appears fortune really was against us. I have enough faith in our defence to be able to make a difference in games against teams surrounding us, Barber has said work for January is well in motion - Andone still could be ours.

British Bulldog

The great escape
Feb 6, 2006
I've given it a 7 for the business we done, Don't need to mention the lack of strikers the people in charge of that will be embarrassed enough.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Chelsea were unable to secure the services of Ross Barkley for £30m and Alex Oxlade Chamberlain, this must demonstrate how difficult the transfer window is and we'rebottom of the pack. The non signing of a striker, who may have turned out to be good or rubbish, is now history, lets all move on please and send some positive energy out there. How much more special would it be if we survived with the players we have now and how much stronger would we be next season! The transfer window is over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
That's a 7 from me.The amount spent on transfers has been truly astonishing for 'little' Brighton.Striker would have been the icing on the cake,but until the players get to know each other a bit better not sure how much use they would be.

c0lz

North East Stand.
Jan 26, 2010
Patcham/Brighton
5. To slow to start with and then panic buying at the end when it all went tits up.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
8/11 T Delaney and Andone would have made it 10/11.

So I should have put 7/10 rather than 8/10.

Overall better than expected, but the same applies to Swansea and Watford which ups the ante.

Better than Newcastle and Burnley.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Gave it a 4, although I thought about a 3 based on the lack of fire-power up front. But its a bit early to tell since most of signings are completely unknown qualities in the Premierthingy, and you can't judge after only two games.

I don't have good vibes though - going to be a long cold winter, and its not difficult to understand why pundits have us down as relegation fodder.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
3.86 disappointed about the failure to bring in that 20 goal+ striker that we have been going on about for the last 2 years....we are going to struggle with the current squad.

How many teams will have a 20 goal striker in the PL though ?? Last season it was just 5.......and Liverpool's top scorer had 13.

We need contributions of between 5+ from Knocky, Sam, Izzy, Jose, Solly, Tomer, Pascal and Glenn with maybe a handful from elsewhere. Interesting to see how CH sets us up to make this happen. If we get to 40 goals we'll stay up with our decent defence I reckon.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
How many teams will have a 20 goal striker in the PL though ?? Last season it was just 5.......and Liverpool's top scorer had 13.

Approaches vary.

Spurs put their faith in the traditional CF model with Kane as do Palace with Benteke.
Liverpool scored 78 goals rotating the squad and playing a 'fluid front 3' so that half a dozen players shared the goals.

Hughton admitted in the summer, I think, that we're were going with just one up front. I don't know if he'll adapt that now to give us pace upfront with his counter attacking tactics.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water

Should have signed Kruhl on a permenant deal early in the window. Leaves us with another loan. Jannsen for example.

Ryan, waste of money. I still say he's too small.

Propper. Looks slow and gives the ball away too much.

Gross. Wait and see, likewise Sutter.

The 3 is because the Columbian looks a player.

0verall very, very disappointing.

Having said all that, I'll be getting behind the team at every games, and whatever happens will be there next season, and the season after that.

Bigtomfu

Jul 25, 2003
Harrow
I can't see it anything other than a seven.

Closed out gaping areas of a lack of top class competition for a number of our key starting eleven in all but one. Time will tell how costly that will be but for now, having spent close to £45m and being in the Premier League you should have nothing but pride in supporting this Albion team.

HalfaSeatOn

Mar 17, 2014
North West Sussex
7.5/10 for me. Solid base for the season but it's not going to be easy (but it never was). It would have been good to be more premier ready but if we were to have a weakness in our first season I'd rather have it in attack than defence

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
Unbelievable carry-on from some people on this board, we have added a decent number of players with no losses, just failed to land a striker.
Some poor luck with Dwamena.

If we had captured Janssen we would have had the 4th highest net spend in the premier league.
To question the commitment and effort of the board is embarrassing.
The problem isn't just the lack of strikers it's a poor central midfield with lack of creativity.

I voted 2 and like many have said it's easily relegation sadly but not to much sadness as the championship is awesome:)

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Do Albion players really give the ball away or than others with bad control or getting caught in possession?

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/2...amStatistics/England-Premier-League-2017-2018

Possession data is under the detailed menu button..

Warning the losing possession stats are not correlated with possession stats, so if we only had 20% possession stats were low against Man City it was because we did not have the ball enough to lose it.

Forward players tend to lose the ball much more than defenders.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here