Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rate our transfer window

How do you rate our Summer transfer business?

• 10 (Brilliant)

Votes: 4 1.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 9 2.3%

Votes: 54 13.8%

Votes: 64 16.4%

Votes: 58 14.9%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • 1 (Rubbish)

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Broken our transfer record a number of times . New players yet to bed in but will . . Disgusting response from some ' fans ' towards the club. All will be well . Results will improve and enough points will be gained to steer well clear of the doom and gloom merchants relegation fears .

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patreon
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
Has to be 4 for me.

Wasted loan on Krul.
No striker.

Balanced with
Izquierdo
Gross (who I believe in)
Propper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patreon
Jan 3, 2012
I'm sick of Merson sticking his oar in.

Was watching Sky Sports last night with Merson and Chris Kamara. Made me wonder why they bother with either of them - particularly Merson. He can't talk intelligently.

As for our transfer window, I gave 7. Given time I think we have done OK in al our priority areas, with one obvious exception which is the Forward role.

Grombleton

Surrounded by <div>s
Dec 31, 2011

The striker issue is known but i'm not blaming any one person, because i realise there are a number of factors and this isnt Football Manager. New signings have had 3 league games at most to bed in and get a feel for the league (as well as the rest of the team, many who haven't played at this level yet). I don't think any of the signings are donkeys, but then they aren't world beaters (and if they were they wouldn't be signing for us).

It could have been worse, but a striker would have been splendid. We carry on. No bed-wetting from me though.

dazzer6666

NSC Patreon
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
6.5 ish for me.

Strengthened in a few areas, including perhaps realising Ryan might not be all that and getting cover, a unit of a right back with loads of experience and an absolute whippet for the wing. Think Gross, Propper and Suttner with prove to be up to it as well. Striker situation is desperately disappointing but a combination of perhaps too rigid a strategy and some awful luck screwed us - sh@t happens.

Big, big job for CH now to see what he can make out of what we have. Think there is enough attacking flair and pace in the squad to at least make a fist of things providing we're positive. Hemed/Murray will be there to knock crosses in or stab in rebounds, the real danger will come from Knocky, March and Jose cutting in.

Not going to overreact at this stage, let's see how we shape up over the next half a dozen games or so.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Broken our transfer record a number of times . New players yet to bed in but will . . Disgusting response from some ' fans ' towards the club. All will be well . Results will improve and enough points will be gained to steer well clear of the doom and gloom merchants relegation fears .

You live in Bulgaria you don't go to games, Results won't affect you as much. You wouldn't see where the weakness lay within the squad. You don't pay for a season ticket and have to go every match knowing the chances now of scoring are slim let alone winning a match.

Very easy to moan at fans who do all this from the comfort of your sofa hundred of miles away.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
So 28 people (so far) think that the transfer window couldn't have been worse? You couldn't give it a lower mark?

How about if we hadn't signed anyone?
How about if we'd sold Dunk or Knocky?
What if we hadn't signed a speedster winger?

It's not be the perfect window (the people putting ten are just as deluded) but if you're going to answer the poll, stop and engage your brain for a millionth of a second FFS.

Lawro's Lip

Feb 14, 2004
West Kent
I gave it 5, thinking that I was being a bit generous. Probably would have given 8 or 9 if we had landed one of the fellas we were after yesterday.However who knows how good or bad our window has been until we have played at least a few more games. Things might be as bad as many suspect or worse or we could be surprised. Ask again at the start of November. Then we will really know rather than suspect how good or bad things are.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
Some of my Man Utd supporting mates last week said that we'd be as good as down by Christmas. I told them to wait until the transfer window closed before they made their judgement. Unfortunately I think our lack of business will have confirmed their thoughts.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
4 - primary objective failed and whilst we've recruited others where we needed to strengthen none have exactly hit the ground running I.e. If any where parachutists, basically Albion have landed with a broken ankle.

Very very disappointing, how much is down to the strategy versus the hyper inflationary window that has caught many clubs off guard and recalibrated football's default settings...none of us really know.

Best do getting all our moaning out the way now and get on with supporting the team. It is what it is. But I fear many fans, especially the JCLs, will be moaning loud and proud during games with all the counter productivity this brings.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Very good work all over except for the failure to land a striker.

So a 6 I reckon; 1/1 for GK, 2/3 for DF, 3/3 MF and 0/3 for up top.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here