Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rate our transfer window

How do you rate our Summer transfer business?

• 10 (Brilliant)

Votes: 4 1.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 9 2.3%

Votes: 54 13.8%

Votes: 64 16.4%

Votes: 58 14.9%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • 1 (Rubbish)

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
3 - the striker was a known absolute must at the start of the window... how on earth we have failed to plug that gap is beyond me... inept, embarrassing & just plain stupid... not unlucky... the striker deal should have been done before the first pre-season friendly...

Seasidesage

May 19, 2009
Brighton, United Kingdom
Like that they addressed the goalkeeper issue with genuine competition. Also gave us a pacey option at RB which is useful,. Popper and Gross can be good signings once they get up to speed, less sure about Suttner, but the striker issue overshadows all of that . There has been a lot of hysterical rubbish on here this morning but it is hard to escape the conclusion that we are going to struggle to score enough goals to stay up. A striker was needed above all others and has not been secured. I voted three because I do think that error will relegate us unfortunately. I am sure there were a number of good reasons why it didn't happen but you cannot score goals with excuses.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010
Too early to tell for sure, but at the moment it's around 4/5, if the new players do improve from first impressions (which is quite likely) and importantly contribute towards goal scoring (possible but unlikely?), then could be as high as an 8.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
3 - the striker was a known absolute must at the start of the window... how on earth we have failed to plug that gap is beyond me... inept, embarrassing & just plain stupid... not unlucky... the striker deal should have been done before the first pre-season friendly...

This. Saves me typing.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
2 From me as we havent done what we needed to bring in players to give us a realistic chance of avoiding relegation. We have brought in players that may be able to help us back next season. I cannot see how anybody could possibly say otherwise. TB & PB you have failed lets hope it doesnt cost us too dearly.

They have addressed 1 position that was not necessary We didnt need competition for the GK spot as we already have that we just needed a safeguard back up for an emergency.

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Smashed our transfer record 3 times, kept hold of players, signed players with international pedigree and some intriguing youngsters. Strengthened in nearly all areas.

Not bad 6 +

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
It's a4 from me.

I have this vague memory of Albion sending a scout to N Ireland in the 60's to sign a forward and coming back with a goalkeeper.

I have that same detached cheated feeling again. All those weeks when the supporters thought we wanted some strikers - did the club really feel the same? - and we finish with a couple of goalkeepers, sundry defenders and midfielders and new records in the cost of signings category.

Got to hope it's good enough, I suppose, and fall back on thinking about new songs for players we'd never heard of before.

Clearly we wanted Dwamena as a left back. Of course the club felt they wanted at least one Striker, that it did not happen is due to a failed medical, a club valuing higher than we did, and at least 2 players not wanting to move. These are the ones that have been in the press, anybodies guess how many others have gone the same way.

E

Eric Youngs Contact Lense

The lack of a new striker is the obvious negative, but overall, I have been pleased with what we have done as we have gone along. We have bought players who we hope can create and score goals from midfield and wide areas. They are record signings for us but balance the need we must have for value for money. They are a gamble, not the very cream of the crop but look like additions that we needed. We have strengthened at the back, and whilst people say that scoring goals will keep us up, letting them in will send us down..
Would Dwamena have made it a 10 - no - he would also have been a gamble but we would have looked stronger, similarly had we grabbed Abrhams, Wood, Wells or Niasse. Would they have transformed our season - unlikely. If other clubs, who may be battling for European football domestically don't want to sell to us or the player doesn't fancy Brighton then fine. A long hard season is what we have signed up for by getting promoted.. it will be a long hard season.. Palace have signed a £26m defender who is not good enough to help Liverpool who have a generally recognized problem at the back. I don't want us to take that sort of gamble yet.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley

The reason it is beyond you is that you lack the intelligence or imagination to work it out, inept, embarrassing & just plain stupid.

Frankie

Put him in the curry
May 23, 2016
Mid west Wales
3 matches in 1v probable this seasons champions 2 v previous champions 3 v a well established premier league team , not sure i can slaughter the workings of the recruitment team just yet but the failure to bag a quality striker seems rather odd and for us the uneducated fan probably looks like a total lack of ambition , i would of thought behind the scenes we worked hard and we had a fair few irons in the striker fire but we have had our fingers burnt for sure , it could be worse , we could be West Ham fans . (5)

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
The reason it is beyond you is that you lack the intelligence or imagination to work it out, inept, embarrassing & just plain stupid.

Wow! Idiotic post of the day. Shame you can't see what's right in front of you. Getting personal means you lose the argument baldy...

lawros left foot

Glory hunting since 1969
Jun 11, 2011
Worthing
I've gone for 10.

If those voting 1 and 2 can talk bollox, so can I.
It's a daft poll, in my eyes, if we stay up, it's a great window, if we go down, it's crap, and we won't know till then.

heathgate

NSC Patreon
Apr 13, 2015
5... nothing can fill that goal void...

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here