View Poll Results: How do you rate our Summer transfer business?

Voters
390. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Brilliant)

4 1.03%

1 0.26%

9 2.31%

54 13.85%

64 16.41%

58 14.87%

67 17.18%

67 17.18%

31 7.95%
  • 1 (Rubbish)

35 8.97%
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

6 Not allowed!
    3 - the striker was a known absolute must at the start of the window... how on earth we have failed to plug that gap is beyond me... inept, embarrassing & just plain stupid... not unlucky... the striker deal should have been done before the first pre-season friendly...
    SockMonster Quote: I agree with BW I always agree with BW. He is the font of all knowledge.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Like that they addressed the goalkeeper issue with genuine competition. Also gave us a pacey option at RB which is useful,. Popper and Gross can be good signings once they get up to speed, less sure about Suttner, but the striker issue overshadows all of that . There has been a lot of hysterical rubbish on here this morning but it is hard to escape the conclusion that we are going to struggle to score enough goals to stay up. A striker was needed above all others and has not been secured. I voted three because I do think that error will relegate us unfortunately. I am sure there were a number of good reasons why it didn't happen but you cannot score goals with excuses.

Rate our transfer window

1 Not allowed!
      As far as I can see we haven't improved our strike force for the Premier League, so 1

0 Not allowed!
      Too early to tell for sure, but at the moment it's around 4/5, if the new players do improve from first impressions (which is quite likely) and importantly contribute towards goal scoring (possible but unlikely?), then could be as high as an 8.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by B.W. View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      3 - the striker was a known absolute must at the start of the window... how on earth we have failed to plug that gap is beyond me... inept, embarrassing & just plain stupid... not unlucky... the striker deal should have been done before the first pre-season friendly...
      This. Saves me typing.
      Koban liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      2 From me as we havent done what we needed to bring in players to give us a realistic chance of avoiding relegation. We have brought in players that may be able to help us back next season. I cannot see how anybody could possibly say otherwise. TB & PB you have failed lets hope it doesnt cost us too dearly.

They have addressed 1 position that was not necessary We didnt need competition for the GK spot as we already have that we just needed a safeguard back up for an emergency.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mackenzie View Post
      Izquierdo was good. Not sure about the others yet, not getting a striker was bad though. 3 as it stands, but there is obvious room for surprise.
      Same here
      East Stand Brighton Boyz BUTTERBALL's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      6, i don't think it will turn out to be as bad as many pessimistic people think.

0 Not allowed!
      Smashed our transfer record 3 times, kept hold of players, signed players with international pedigree and some intriguing youngsters. Strengthened in nearly all areas.

Not bad 6 +
      shut up and listen to 'Guided By Voices'
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by withdeanwombat View Post
      It's a4 from me.

I have this vague memory of Albion sending a scout to N Ireland in the 60's to sign a forward and coming back with a goalkeeper.

I have that same detached cheated feeling again. All those weeks when the supporters thought we wanted some strikers - did the club really feel the same? - and we finish with a couple of goalkeepers, sundry defenders and midfielders and new records in the cost of signings category.

Got to hope it's good enough, I suppose, and fall back on thinking about new songs for players we'd never heard of before.
      Clearly we wanted Dwamena as a left back. Of course the club felt they wanted at least one Striker, that it did not happen is due to a failed medical, a club valuing higher than we did, and at least 2 players not wanting to move. These are the ones that have been in the press, anybodies guess how many others have gone the same way.
      Posted by Kosh, 19/7/2016 - 14th - 11th this year, or I'll eat my big Ritchie Blackmore hat.