Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Rate our transfer window

How do you rate our Summer transfer business?

• 10 (Brilliant)

Votes: 4 1.0%

Votes: 1 0.3%

Votes: 9 2.3%

Votes: 54 13.8%

Votes: 64 16.4%

Votes: 58 14.9%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 67 17.2%

Votes: 31 7.9%
  • 1 (Rubbish)

Votes: 35 9.0%

• Total voters

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
I think when you look at the forwards all the teams we are looking to compete with, only the most insane optimistic Albion fan can suggest the window has been in any way successful.

Ignoring the likes of Chelsea, Man City etc, look at the forwards the other teams have or have signed, I'm not sure Hemed, Murray & Baldock are that bad but this is what we are up against:

Bournemouth - Defoe, King, Afobe
Burnley - Wells, Barnes, Wood, Vokes
Palace - Benteke, Wickham ** Like us they have a similar dearth of forwards but Benteke is far better than anything we have.
Huddersfield - Kachunga, Quaner, Mounie, Depoitre
Newcastle - Mitrovic, Gayle, Joselu, Perez
Southampton - Long, Gabbiadini, Austin
Stoke - Jese, Crouch, Berahino, Choupo-Moting
Swansea - Bony, Ayew, Abraham
Watford - Deeney, Richardson, Zarate, Okaka, Gray
West Brom - Rondon, Rodriguez, Robson-Kanu
West Ham - Carroll, Ayew, Arnautovic, Hernandez, Sakho
Leicester - Vardy, Okazaki, Iheanacho, Slimani, Musa

At least our defence won't have too much trouble. I wonder how our midfield will fare?

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
Would be interested to hear the reasoning behind the 3 members that voted 10/10 - Probably Palace fans

I think we have done pretty well transfer wise signing players elsewhere on the pitch (although yet to be proven) , but the striker situation is in-excusable. This isn't the first, 2nd or even 3rd season in recent times it's happened either. Also think not keeping hold of DS was a huge mistake that has had a domino effect.

On that basis I'm going with a measly 2. Still hopeful the team can pull together and weather the storm, but what a ****ing shambles this window has been and put ourselves under unnecessary pressure. And yes, I'm well aware of the plights and tribulations our club has been through for the past 20 years...

Last edited:

danish seagull

Apr 16, 2012
København
You live in Bulgaria you don't go to games, Results won't affect you as much. You wouldn't see where the weakness lay within the squad. You don't pay for a season ticket and have to go every match knowing the chances now of scoring are slim let alone winning a match.

Very easy to moan at fans who do all this from the comfort of your sofa hundred of miles away.

How do you know that he only watches games from his sofa? I am using over £500 just on flights this side of christmas coming back to see home and away matches. Just because someone lives 'hundreds of miles away' it doesn't make them any less involved. If anything we end up using more money to see the Albion play so have just as much to whinge about if we are losing each week and not scoring any goals.

The difference is that like too many others on NSC you love to complain and spout negative shit about anything possible. I honestly dread to think what the family members/work colleagues/friends of you lot must think if you carry on with the same bitching if something doesn't go your way in everyday life.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
I'm sick of Merson sticking his oar in.

Poor judgement when it comes to football, but I bet he could accurately rank all the local boozers and bookies. The fat waster.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
How do you know that he only watches games from his sofa? I am using over £500 just on flights this side of christmas coming back to see home and away matches. Just because someone lives 'hundreds of miles away' it doesn't make them any less involved. If anything we end up using more money to see the Albion play so have just as much to whinge about if we are losing each week and not scoring any goals.

The difference is that like too many others on NSC you love to complain and spout negative shit about anything possible. I honestly dread to think what the family members/work colleagues/friends of you lot must think if you carry on with the same bitching if something doesn't go your way in everyday life.

Quite clearly he doesn't go to games. He has been back online and i would safely bet read my post and ignored it as i spoke the truth. No idea why you have replied for him though.instead.

Well done on your millage great effort.

If i want to moan i will. Most of my moans are constructive. Don't tell me how to act on a forum please . If you don't like my posts.then don't read them. Really is that simple.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
At least our defence won't have too much trouble. I wonder how our midfield will fare?

I know you jest but... as I read that list of strikers I thought 'mmmeh - a load of shit among that lot'. Stains are down. Palarse are down. Newcastle and Burnley are down. There is going to be so many relegated teams this year it will be beautiful.

I voted 8. Does that make me a 'licker'? :shrug:

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
I know you jest but... as I read that list of strikers I thought 'mmmeh - a load of shit among that lot'. Stains are down. Palarse are down. Newcastle and Burnley are down. There is going to be so many relegated teams this year it will be beautiful.

I voted 8. Does that make me a 'licker'? :shrug:

Not a licker, but you must be easily pleased if you think relying on Hemed and a currently injured Baldock/Murray are going to get us the goals needed to survive the PL. Lets just hope we can keep it at damage limitation levels until January.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Not a licker, but you must be easily pleased if you think relying on Hemed and a currently injured Balldock/Murray are going to get us the goals needed.

And Knockaert, March, Izzy, Izq..... and others....

I'm looking forward to this. My bed is dry.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Relying on wingers and midfielders to score goals may help us weather the storm until January, but all so unnecessary. How you would rate that an 8 is baffling...

All the other business :shrug:

We are not Manchester United (if that is how you'd set your ten).

Yet.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
All the other business :shrug:

We are not Manchester United (if that is how you'd set your ten).

Yet.

You clearly don't get it... I'm not talking about us being "Man United" - I'm talking about a complete void in our strike force.

All the other business is yet to be seen and proven.

Last edited:

boik

I think when you look at the forwards all the teams we are looking to compete with, only the most insane optimistic Albion fan can suggest the window has been in any way successful.

Ignoring the likes of Chelsea, Man City etc, look at the forwards the other teams have or have signed, I'm not sure Hemed, Murray & Baldock are that bad but this is what we are up against:

Bournemouth - Defoe, King, Afobe
Burnley - Wells, Barnes, Wood, Vokes
Palace - Benteke, Wickham ** Like us they have a similar dearth of forwards but Benteke is far better than anything we have.
Huddersfield - Kachunga, Quaner, Mounie, Depoitre
Newcastle - Mitrovic, Gayle, Joselu, Perez
Southampton - Long, Gabbiadini, Austin
Stoke - Jese, Crouch, Berahino, Choupo-Moting
Swansea - Bony, Ayew, Abraham
Watford - Deeney, Richardson, Zarate, Okaka, Gray
West Brom - Rondon, Rodriguez, Robson-Kanu
West Ham - Carroll, Ayew, Arnautovic, Hernandez, Sakho
Leicester - Vardy, Okazaki, Iheanacho, Slimani, Musa

So kachunga quaner mounie are proven pl quality are they? Barnes vokes and wood were also not proven at the top level. They were given a chance. Hope our players are too.

Perkino

Dec 11, 2009
This is not championship manager, you cannot just bid a sum of money and buy whoever you want. We had specific targets and pursued several striker options which I believe we're all considered to be of similar standard. Dwamena took a few bids and then a failed medical which set us back a few weeks, but if we had signed him then everyone would be rating this an 8 or higher.

Having watched plenty of videos of previously unheard of strikers who all seem to be oozing of quality I'm confident we have scouted and identified some great additions, unfortunately we didn't get any in but we have improved in all other positions. A solid 6

ewe2

Mar 14, 2008
Hailsham area
The window,IMO is totally unproven at this moment (and i am hopeful ! ). However ,i do wonder how our signings might perform in the bloodbath that is the championship should we get relegated.

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
3.86 disappointed about the failure to bring in that 20 goal+ striker that we have been going on about for the last 2 years....we are going to struggle with the current squad.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here