Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Time for Bloom to sell?

scousefan

Apr 26, 2009
Liverpool
It is very clear that this has nothing to do with lack of money. The Jansson signing would presumably have cost £23m plus, as a previous bid from WBA of £23m was turned down by spurs. The two loans and retaining Stephens won't have been cheap. Izquierdo, Propper, Ryan, Schelotto, Suttner and Gross must have cost £35m+. Finally all our key players have signed new contracts.

This is due to mismanagement by Winstanley's team and perhaps also by Barber. Why didn't they keep Stockdale? The goalkeeper position has now cost a lot of money. It also seems as though we have failed to attract key players to come to the Albion. This may be partly wages, but that can't be the only issue.

The one inescapable management job is to get a balanced squad. From day one the only thing we needed for that was two strikers plus a Stockdale replacement. That we didn't achieve this basic requirement is an epic failure.

While it may be that Bloom's poker playing brinksmanship has had a part to play, it seems to me that Bloom and Hughton are exempt from blame here. Both will be hurting this morning.

Key question is what will happen next. There must be a significant risk of Hughton resigning. The silence from the club is very worrying. We need to get behind the team. We will have played 22 games before the January window opens. I would suggest we need 18 points by then to give us any chance of survival. Palace, Watford and Newcastle look to be the next weakest teams, so we need to stay close to two of these.

Let's get behind CH, TB and the team and give them all our support for what would be a truly great escape. We all know that we have been in much worse predicaments before. Go Seagulls!

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
Kin Hell, I think Percy Pongo has shell shock.

I would rather support a Tony Bloom owned Brighton in any division than some mid table Prem club owned by foreign investors thanks very much. We're Brighton, we're owned & run by a Brighton nut, and that is how I want it to stay always. It's one of the things I take great pride in.
Give your head a wobble mate!

Crabfat, not pongo.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
I've woken up this morning to see that we didn't sign a striker yesterday. This sends a clear signal to me that Bloom doesn't have the funds and/or will for us to stay in the PL.

With this in mind, is it time for him to step aside and sell to a foreign investor?

Someones head has to roll for our inability to sign a striker and in my opinion that should start at the top. I think he's just shown a massive lack of ambition and fear we are destined for the Championship next season.

Dear God, what the holy hell is wrong with people.

mejonaNO12 aka riskit

Dec 4, 2003
England
I've woken up this morning to see that we didn't sign a striker yesterday. This sends a clear signal to me that Bloom doesn't have the funds and/or will for us to stay in the PL.

With this in mind, is it time for him to step aside and sell to a foreign investor?

Someones head has to roll for our inability to sign a striker and in my opinion that should start at the top. I think he's just shown a massive lack of ambition and fear we are destined for the Championship next season.

You're so EDGY

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015

How ungrateful. The man built the ground from the concrete below your feet to the seat you sit on each week.

And even without signing a striker yesterday which I can assure you must have been outwith their control. CH will still keep Brighton in the PL come the end of the season

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip

Youre off your rocker, haven't you forgot what TB has done for this club.

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
How ungrateful. The man built the ground from the concrete below your feet to the seat you sit on each week.

And even without signing a striker yesterday which I can assure you must have been outwith their control. CH will still keep Brighton in the PL come the end of the season

Of course it was in their control. They have had four months to get a striker in but wouldn’t pay the going rate. That is their prerogative but to blame others is bollocks. If CH keeps us up with this strike force he is a miracle worker. May as well change the team name to Brighton & Hove Albion nil.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
Of course it was in their control. They have had four months to get a striker in but wouldn’t pay the going rate. That is their prerogative but to blame others is bollocks. If CH keeps us up with this strike force he is a miracle worker. May as well change the team name to Brighton & Hove Albion nil.

The majority of those 4 months are never productive. You can identify about 20 potential targets and never get position to speak to any of those targets for months. Then those targets also have options elsewhere. That's not to mention the failed medicals

JC Footy Genius

Bringer of TRUTH
Jun 9, 2015
Most embarrassing thread (many contenders) of the transfer window .. possibly ever?

If a wind up then do carry on, well played etc :drama:

Driver8

On the road...
NSC Patreon
Jul 31, 2005
North Wales
The majority of those 4 months are never productive. You can identify about 20 potential targets and never get position to speak to any of those targets for months. Then those targets also have options elsewhere. That's not to mention the failed medicals

Other clubs seem to manage it.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here