Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feel sorry for Hemed

The Brighton Buzz

Falmer here we come
Jan 31, 2008
No problem with Hemed or Murray playing up front. My concern was getting a striker in with pace to compliment them. More worried about Baldock who is injury prone virtually leaving us down to two strikers coming to the end of their careers. Both Hemed and Murray are good players but very similar. The good thing is we have the international break to try out new systems with Izzy Brown or Jose playing the striker role in training. I admit that I am disappointed that we did not get a striker over the line, but we need to get behind the squad we have. We have a good manager and he will now have the opportunity to prove just how good he really his.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
No problem with Hemed or Murray playing up front. My concern was getting a striker in with pace to compliment them. More worried about Baldock who is injury prone virtually leaving us down to two strikers coming to the end of their careers. Both Hemed and Murray are good players but very similar. The good thing is we have the international break to try out new systems with Izzy Brown or Jose playing the striker role in training. I admit that I am disappointed that we did not get a striker over the line, but we need to get behind the squad we have. We have a good manager and he will now have the opportunity to prove just how good he really his.

I'm afraid Hemed and Baldock wont cut it at Prem level, i would rather put Jose uptop as an option and keep Solly n Knocky playing wide out on the wings. Murray is the only genuine striker at this level and even then i dont think he would get many other games at any other Prem club apart from ours. I just hope come the January window that we are in touching distance of safety and not cut adrift otherwise we'll not attract any decent striker in

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
That's how he looked in the Barnet game

But was a lot better at Watford. He either sulks that we tried to replace him, or he sets out to prove everyone wrong. He's 30, this is now a massive opportunity for him to show what he's capable of on the biggest stage. We must all be hoping he grabs this with both hands!

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
I already thought he'd attained the status of "whipping boy".

To me Hemed is the ultimate pro - gets on with it (never complains - at least where Brighton are concerned) which is what I hope for our fans. He is one tough muther.
yeh ...he's been through national service probably and been bought up in a country under constant , residual threat of terrorism from across the border , no doubt he is a tough bugger but if the management are relying on him to keep us in the prem then it's not him with the problem ......is it.....?? ffs.

completely underwhelmed by our transfer dealings to be honest .....never mind eh, there's always dream team .

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Don't really care for Hemed much more concerned about baldock, with his relative speed, good footwork and intelligent movement I think he is by far the striker most capable of stepping up and bagging a few surprise goals for us, let's hope he doesn't get crocked again once he returns from his current injury.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
But was a lot better at Watford. He either sulks that we tried to replace him, or he sets out to prove everyone wrong. He's 30, this is now a massive opportunity for him to show what he's capable of on the biggest stage. We must all be hoping he grabs this with both hands!

I like Tomer and think he's a decent player, and would get us maybe 5-8 goals this Season
But he's not been helped by the club saying they wanted to offload him as they thought they were going to get better quality than him, so the club have already said what some fans are thinking and saying that he's not good enough for this level

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
I like Tomer and think he's a decent player, and would get us maybe 5-8 goals this Season
But he's not been helped by the club saying they wanted to offload him as they thought they were going to get better quality than him, so the club have already said what some fans are thinking and saying that he's not good enough for this level

I don't really think that is important, fact is he now has 3 months of guaranteed starts in the premier league to do with as he wants, he can flounce around and not put any effort in because we tried to bring in someone better or he can spend those 3 months trying his best and putting himself in the shop window for January.

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
Technically speaking, he's a £8m striker (as we turned down that amount from Reading and others) so if he plays like it we should be okay. But if we are playing just one striker then it needs to be someone more mobile than TH.

I must admit I'd have liked to see us take the money and put it towards someone better, but there's no guarantee that they would have been a success here. After all, Vincent Janssen arrived at Tottenham with a great reputation and record from Dutch football, played in a great attacking team that made him loads of chances, yet flopped.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
I don't really think that is important, fact is he now has 3 months of guaranteed starts in the premier league to do with as he wants, he can flounce around and not put any effort in because we tried to bring in someone better or he can spend those 3 months trying his best and putting himself in the shop window for January.

I was defending him as a player against crowd hostility from fans believing he's not good enough which some may see highlighted by the clubs decision to get rid, wasn't referring to hemed that he's going to sulk and not put a shift in

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
Technically speaking, he's a £8m striker (as we turned down that amount from Reading and others) so if he plays like it we should be okay. But if we are playing just one striker then it needs to be someone more mobile than TH.

I must admit I'd have liked to see us take the money and put it towards someone better, but there's no guarantee that they would have been a success here. After all, Vincent Janssen arrived at Tottenham with a great reputation and record from Dutch football, played in a great attacking team that made him loads of chances, yet flopped.

perhaps the management brought in suttener , propper & gross for their delivery .....tomer's strength is getting on the end of crosses.....but 4 v 1 as it is at the moment is pointless.

durrington gull

Aug 29, 2004
Worthing
I was defending him as a player against crowd hostility from fans believing he's not good enough which some may see highlighted by the clubs decision to get rid, wasn't referring to hemed that he's going to sulk and not put a shift in

I think Murray will start 75% of games, Hemed might got the odd start if Murray is injured but personally i would like to see Jose given a run out up top and get some pace going with Knocky n Solly on either flank

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove

Precisely. Far more misses than hits among the PL strikers, particularly those signed by middle to lower ranking clubs. Not all are Ricky Van Wolfswinkel but it's amazing how many record buys quietly slope off a season later. People need to remember that before laying into the hard-working, committed and decent strikers we've already got.

In front of goal, I think (pray?) Hemed and Murray can do ok. It's just finding a way to play that ensures they're there, not running the channels with no-one in support. Midfield and full-backs carrying the ball forward I suppose - although easier said than done! Balls over the top would be a waste of time other than to release the wingers.

This is where Chris Hughton can really prove his worth - again. Let's hope all the lads rise to the challenge. On the plus side, some of our bottom three 'rivals' look a bit of a shambles. Togetherness could well be our most valuable asset, so the best thing we can do as fans is save any corrosive moaning for NSC.

Stat Brother

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Tomer is only an £8m striker because a rising tide floats all boats.

It does bring the market into sharp focus, and begs the question:-

'Is the 30 year old warhorse Tomer (who I loves), in the final year of his contract, really exactly the same value as a 21 year old Ghanaian speed machine who has just signed a 4 year deal?

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
Others have mentioned Barnes, it's worth noting that he got his first goal in November and Burnley took 11 games to get a win in their first PL season, and in those first 11 games they had only led a match for 3 minutes.
And then they got relegated, right?

And this is your pep talk?

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
Tomer will be hailed as our hero when he scores our first ever Premier League goal.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here