Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Feel sorry for Hemed

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
Can't remember, what happened (in terms of fans, rather than the penalty)?

Audible groans around the whole ground when he stepped up to take it!

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
He can now see out his contract and move at the end of the season with a nice big signing on fee. Not sure he was keen on a move to the Championship in this window.
We will now also miss out on a fee for Hemed.... we'll get peanuts if we buy in Jan and sell Hemed then.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
We do, but not 30,000. Barnes received criticism from isolated idiots around the ground, but it never seemed to be large enough to be audible around the pitch.

Except when he stepped up to take a penalty in the south goal. I could hear the groan, from around the ground, in the north stand.

I think Hemed will be ok. He has good positioning and if we can get the service to him, he'll take his opportunities. Yes, he'll miss a few, but what striker doesn't? He can score goals at international level.

Lethargic

Oct 11, 2006
Horsham
I am a bit confused why some people feel there may be a knock back on the existing players. Yes we would all like constant improvement in every position but all the time the current players are wearing the stripes and putting in the effort they will have my support. Tomer will not pull up any trees but he will do OK and get my full backing. In my book its our central midfielders that need to step up in terms of goals scored.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
We are where we are, Hemed will always give 100% and he will always have my 100% support every game. He has to adapt as do the whole team. Hopefully once Knocky JI and March start firing he'll get plenty of chances

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

rippleman

Oct 18, 2011
Probably happy that he is guaranteed a few starts. I've always been a fan and I think he is capable of scoring goals in the PL. But he will struggle if CH persists with the parking the bus system. He has to have someone alongside him.

Hemed showed a fantastic attitude last season but it must surely be difficult for him now. When the club went public and basically told him to pack his bags it was hardly motivational.

I hope the fans don't turn on him and make him the scapegoat. Our cluster**** of a transfer window is NOT Hemed's fault.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Why on earth feel sorry for him. Is way out of his depth and lucky to be on Premier wages. Very sad that we as supporters despite having 4 months to do something about it have him as our only fit striker. Maybe he will improve but my short term memory is getting excited against Man City when thought he had got away only to be caught up by defender despite having a yard start. And then how terrible he was against Barnet.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Why on earth feel sorry for him. Is way out of his depth and lucky to be on Premier wages. Very sad that we as supporters despite having 4 months to do something about it have him as our only fit striker. Maybe he will improve but my short term memory is getting excited against Man City when thought he had got away only to be caught up by defender despite having a yard start. And then how terrible he was against Barnet.

Amazing isn't it?

bhaseeer

Aug 29, 2017
Why feel sorry for him?

Play for reading or start premier league games? Any sportsman would relish such a turn of events.

Baldseagull

Jan 26, 2012
Crawley
Does he though? Half of his goals from last season where from penalties. In the championship he had 11 goals, 6 of which were pens. We can't rely on a penalty every game.

Well, I guess we will get to see how he stacks up against others in the next few months, but considering Murray is our main Striker, I don't think Hemed will compare badly with most other clubs second best striker in terms of goals scored.

Wilko

LUZZING chairs about
Sep 19, 2003
BN1
Mentioned on another thread but when we need to play TH then he should be in a front TWO, if that means going 442 against some teams then we should do it, no point fannyng around not scoring in every bloody game.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I just hope he doesn't look at NSC. This would de-motivate any player! (Apart from Dunk, Knocky & Bruno perhaps)
Screenshot_20170901-122358.png
I hope he does read NSC.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I hope that TH never gets booed or picked on by crowds. He always play his heart out and was a key part of the promotion squad. Any limitations in his game, and gaping deficiencies in our squad, are not a reason to single him out.

The same for Murray, with age unfortunately catching with him as far as PL football goes.

Garry Nelson's Left Foot

Jul 7, 2003
tokyo
I think it would be incredibly harsh if anyone got on Hemed's back. He's done absolutely nothing wrong. He always puts a shift in and pops up with goals. The fact he might not be good enough for the premier league is neither here nor there, he'll do his best and isn't keeping a better player out of the side. He was bought for the championship, it's really not his fault that the club failed to bring in any strikers better than him(or any at all).

Rod Marsh

Aug 9, 2013
Sussex
I don't feel sorry for Hemed at all. All of our players are not stupid, we got promoted to the premier league. Did any player in the squad genuinely think that we would not be looking to strengthen in every position? Any decent pro welcomes the additional competition as it brings out the best in them.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Only stupid fans. Hemed helped get us promoted to the PL. He could do with some help up front now, it's not his fault the club failed to get it. he can only do his best, and if that's not good enough it's not his fault.

I think José Izquierdo might be the key to Hemed making and scoring a few goals. Fingers crossed. :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here