Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

What is wrong with people ??

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
No Rome wasn't built in a day. But I bet they had the right tradesmen doing the right job.

So try and do yours and be a supporter.

The club hasn't been sitting on its hands for three months, sometimes things just don't go your way.

The squad we have is probably already strong enough to stay up, and you can be sure that we will sign a striker in January.

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
The over reaction by many on here has been nothing short of a disgrace. Live in the real world where things go wrong all the time and review your priorities if you cannot cope with not signing a striker.

Well said .

Sea Eagle

Jun 23, 2011
#togth£r ****ed off with DS to Birmingham. That's how together we were.

And we didn't score for fun last season.

Birmingham not doing too well with DS.

Overall, we've got a much improved squad with a good quality international keeper and an exciting new winger to feed the front line. Hemmed knows how to score and when he gets the service we will get some goals.

kentgully

Jan 10, 2016
Worthing
Ok we didn't get the striker or strikers we all liked in this transfer window but come on how long did take us to get to the Premier League. Give the squad a chance don't write them off straight away, we scored for fun last season and look at are squad it's a marked improvement on last season, Brown could play upfront when fit and Isquierdo can play the fast striker type role we where apparently looking for.

Let's stop with the threads having ago at the clubs recruiting staff and especially Tony Bloom and enjoy are journey in the top flight.

Rome wasn't built in a day !!!

#Together
Definitely, well said mate

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
It's a fact.

How can you deny a fact?

Everything your saying is crap, we've played ONE bad game against Leicester... city we did well for large parts of the game and Watford we controlled the whole game, even before the sending off.

It's going to be a struggle but claiming we are pub karaoke because of the failure to sign one player is absolutely crap.

We have spent ALOT of money and recruited very well, sure a striker was required but we aren't as bad as you make out.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Everything your saying is crap, we've played ONE bad game against Leicester... city we did well for large parts of the game and Watford we controlled the whole game, even before the sending off.

It's going to be a struggle but claiming we are pub karaoke because of the failure to sign one player is absolutely crap.

We have spent ALOT of money and recruited very well, sure a striker was required but we aren't as bad as you make out.

Based on?

Still massive question marks about Propper, Gross, Suttner, Ryan being PL standard.

I'm not basing it on simply not getting a striker, I'm basing it on the reality if those players aren't up to PL standard we've recruited our way back to the championship.

So far they haven't impressed at all. Sure there's a way to go yet but I'm not encouraged by these news players play thus far.

Certainly don't rate our strike force as something other teams will be shaking in their boots worried about what damage they can do.

Johnny RoastBeef

These aren't the players you're looking for.
Jan 11, 2016
Out of interest what do you base that opinion on?

Can't be on the football we've played, so what brings you to that conclusion?

Last season we all but won the championship, but for a goalkeeping howler, with a squad that was more than the sum of its parts.

This season we have added quality in all areas.

José Izquierdo can play up top if we are looking for pure pace to get in behind teams.

Gross and Propper will improve.

Solly March is only going to get better.

Anthony Knockaert has only started one match and was the best player on the pitch.

We have so far played only 3 teams, 2 of which have won 3 of the last 6 Premier League titles, so don't judge us just yet.

We will be fine, even allowing for this setback.

Last edited:

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Based on?

Still massive question marks about Propper, Gross, Suttner, Ryan being PL standard.

I'm not basing it on simply not getting a striker, I'm basing it on the reality if those players aren't up to PL standard we've recruited our way back to the championship.

So far they haven't impressed at all. Sure there's a way to go yet but I'm not encouraged by these news players play thus far.

Certainly don't rate our strike force as something other teams will be shaking in their boots worried about what damage they can do.

Based on we have players who have played and performed at the top level, they will adjust to the pace of the league and become better. Bearing in mind we had no Knocky or Jose for the first few games until Watford. I'm pretty sure Vokes and Barnes didn't have teams quaking in their boots but they kept Burnley up.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
Because you're writing the rest of our season off based on 3 games. Do you not think that the players might learn a bit about the league and each other. I'm expecting us to improve as the season progresses. Gonna be tough but I'm certainly not writing the season off just yet.

I don't rate our strikers at all in the PL. I struggle to see where we will score enough goals to even be competitive.

I'm writing it off because one injury to Hemed and we have 0 strikers. If Hemed is the best striker we can put out on the park well, that says it all. He should be a handy sub coming off the bench, not one of the main strikers leading the line.

Aug 23, 2011
Last season we all but won the championship, but for a goalkeeping howler, with a squad that was more than the sum of its parts.

This season we have added quality in all areas.

Jose Izequierdo can play up top if we are looking for pure pace to get in behind teams.

Gross and Propper will improve.

Solly March is only going to get better.

Anthony Knockaert has only started one match and was the best player on the pitch.

We have so far played only 3 teams, 2 of which have won 3 of the last 6 Premier League titles, so don't judge us just yet.

We will be fine, even allowing for this setback.

This is what i feel too. also this stat backs us up

"Brighton have failed to score in their first three Premier League games of 2017-18. Before this season, 11 teams had done this and none of those sides ended the season in the relegation zone."

GloryDays

Jul 5, 2011
Leyton, E10.
The over reaction by many on here has been nothing short of a disgrace. Live in the real world where things go wrong all the time and review your priorities if you cannot cope with not signing a striker.

How patronising. I think most of us do all live in the real world. It's fair to say we have exited the transfer window under eqipped until the next window and we'll be feeding off bare bones. While we all want Albion to do well you have to accept that this is an appropriate time and arena to allow people to air their discontent at our recruitment strategy. Albeit sometimes OTT I wouldn't say it was disgraceful, or severe enough to tell people to 'check their privilege'.

Ceej

Feb 1, 2013
Manchester
In the real world if an entertainer turns up to a gig with shitty equipment and doesn't know the words to the songs they'll get canned.

Football and sport is part of that entertainment world. In the real world...

If you are a real fan of a band/artist for all the reasons that people are fans of bands/artists then you don't just go off them. Wait till the January window and then stop paying/contributing to their efforts if that's what's best for you. In the meantime, keep going to their gigs/concerts and see how they get on.

Commander

NSC Patreon
Apr 28, 2004
London

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here