Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 60 of 108
  1. #51
    Sienna's Heaven Seagull73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Not Lewes
    Posts
    3,270


    2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it is for this level of competition.
    Oh seriously - bore off. You really don't have any clue about the dross that has been served up down the years so do us all a favour and wind your f***ing neck in

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #52
      Members midnight_rendezvous's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Birmingham
      Posts
      1,956


      2 Not allowed!
      Usually an optimist but I expected this to be the case. We have a history of failing to bring in strikers be it of adequate quality or adequate quantity. It's a reoccurring theme every transfer window. I will back the team but it frustrates me that we've been promoted since April and the club have still not managed to add depth to our strike force.
      "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"

      "Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today"
    • #53
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2003
      Location
      Faversham
      Posts
      5,660


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Silverhatch View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If Hemed is injured we switch to a Barcelona-esque front three of March, AK and IZq. Infact, always thought this would be the ideal formation if we want to deliver on the 'frightening pace' sound bite so loved by the pundits and fans.
      I have to say that it has seemed all summer that we are not planning on hoofing it to the big man, or indeed expecting a cross between Ryan Giggs and Maradonna to run the length of the pitch and score. Yes, our pacy men will have to step up to become reliable goal scorers. But everyone will need to step up. That includes ourselves. Otherwise, one may as well curl up now in a soaking bed with a small bottle of barbiturates and half a bottle of vodka.
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

      Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre
    • #54
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jun 2006
      Location
      Geelong, Australia
      Posts
      9,803


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Seagull73 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Oh seriously - bore off. You really don't have any clue about the dross that has been served up down the years so do us all a favour and wind your f***ing neck in
      Whatever you say Mr Sycophant.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
    • #55
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      wisborough green
      Posts
      1,945

      What is wrong with people ??


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DFL JCL View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      3 games in, they haven't even finished the sound check.
      It's this attitude is where we r today .terriers were ready and hit the ground running , us was ok we will be ok after the window don't matter the first three games . Well look now 7 points off Huddersfield can't score against ten men will never get a better chance to win a game , and Chris himself admiting that when he looked around at the bench no striker on it .


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #56
      Sienna's Heaven Seagull73's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Not Lewes
      Posts
      3,270


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by midnight_rendezvous View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Usually an optimist but I expected this to be the case. We have a history of failing to bring in strikers be it of adequate quality or adequate quantity. It's a reoccurring theme every transfer window. I will back the team but it frustrates me that we've been promoted since April and the club have still not managed to add depth to our strike force.
      100% this. Frustrating but not the Armageddon some are predicting
    • #57
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      6,406


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Churchy View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ok we didn't get the striker or strikers we all liked in this transfer window but come on how long did take us to get to the Premier League. Give the squad a chance don't write them off straight away, we scored for fun last season and look at are squad it's a marked improvement on last season, Brown could play upfront when fit and Isquierdo can play the fast striker type role we where apparently looking for.

      Let's stop with the threads having ago at the clubs recruiting staff and especially Tony Bloom and enjoy are journey in the top flight.

      Rome wasn't built in a day !!!

      #Together

      Oh lets stop questioning the club even though they have f@@ked up massively. Really, do one.


      We've got three forwards. one who goes sick at every opportunity, one who is far too slow and one who is showing his age. We knew that, the club knew that. They f@@ked up. No amount of spin can get around it. Leys hope there's a forward in the stiffs worth playing.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
    • #58
      Stand Or Fall Clive Walker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      823


      0 Not allowed!
      What is wrong with people?

      I know. Using our last loan option for a third choice keeper is bonkers. Sack the board
      Goldstone – Priestfield – Withdean – The Amex
    • #59
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2012
      Location
      Bitterne,Southampton, close to the M27 and 65 miles from the Temple of Bloom.
      Posts
      4,298


      5 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Medwayseagull View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      The over reaction by many on here has been nothing short of a disgrace. Live in the real world where things go wrong all the time and review your priorities if you cannot cope with not signing a striker.
      A sensible post at last. Three games into the season and, for whatever reason, unfortunate in not signing a striker has led to the "woe is me brigade" going into defeatist meltdown. Honestly, they make me puke! I don't think I've read so much anti-Albion crap since the Archer days. We've at last, after decades, reached the promised land of top tier football and yet many on this board act as if we've been relegated to the National League.

      FFS!! Get a life and try and enjoy watching the Albion rather than whining about everything that doesn't go our way.
    • #60

      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      People are paying good money to watch dross football?
      How the **** did you think we got to where we are?

      Are you suggesting we should have given up when we were crap ?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
yyy