Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
    Members

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    It's a fact.

How can you deny a fact?
    Everything your saying is crap, we've played ONE bad game against Leicester... city we did well for large parts of the game and Watford we controlled the whole game, even before the sending off.

It's going to be a struggle but claiming we are pub karaoke because of the failure to sign one player is absolutely crap.

We have spent ALOT of money and recruited very well, sure a striker was required but we aren't as bad as you make out.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      It's a fact.

How can you deny a fact?
      Because you're writing the rest of our season off based on 3 games. Do you not think that the players might learn a bit about the league and each other. I'm expecting us to improve as the season progresses. Gonna be tough but I'm certainly not writing the season off just yet.
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by blockhseagull View Post
      Everything your saying is crap, we've played ONE bad game against Leicester... city we did well for large parts of the game and Watford we controlled the whole game, even before the sending off.

It's going to be a struggle but claiming we are pub karaoke because of the failure to sign one player is absolutely crap.

We have spent ALOT of money and recruited very well, sure a striker was required but we aren't as bad as you make out.
      Based on?

Still massive question marks about Propper, Gross, Suttner, Ryan being PL standard.

I'm not basing it on simply not getting a striker, I'm basing it on the reality if those players aren't up to PL standard we've recruited our way back to the championship.

So far they haven't impressed at all. Sure there's a way to go yet but I'm not encouraged by these news players play thus far.

Certainly don't rate our strike force as something other teams will be shaking in their boots worried about what damage they can do.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.
      Who wants a fur coat? Johnny RoastBeef's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      Out of interest what do you base that opinion on?

Can't be on the football we've played, so what brings you to that conclusion?
      Last season we all but won the championship, but for a goalkeeping howler, with a squad that was more than the sum of its parts.

This season we have added quality in all areas.

Josť Izquierdo can play up top if we are looking for pure pace to get in behind teams.

Gross and Propper will improve.

Solly March is only going to get better.

Anthony Knockaert has only started one match and was the best player on the pitch.

We have so far played only 3 teams, 2 of which have won 3 of the last 6 Premier League titles, so don't judge us just yet.

We will be fine, even allowing for this setback.
      Last edited by Johnny RoastBeef; 01-09-2017 at 08:00.
      "Johnny RoastBeef had to keep them all tied up and away from the alarms"
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Based on?

Still massive question marks about Propper, Gross, Suttner, Ryan being PL standard.

I'm not basing it on simply not getting a striker, I'm basing it on the reality if those players aren't up to PL standard we've recruited our way back to the championship.

So far they haven't impressed at all. Sure there's a way to go yet but I'm not encouraged by these news players play thus far.

Certainly don't rate our strike force as something other teams will be shaking in their boots worried about what damage they can do.
      Based on we have players who have played and performed at the top level, they will adjust to the pace of the league and become better. Bearing in mind we had no Knocky or Jose for the first few games until Watford. I'm pretty sure Vokes and Barnes didn't have teams quaking in their boots but they kept Burnley up.
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by boik View Post
      Because you're writing the rest of our season off based on 3 games. Do you not think that the players might learn a bit about the league and each other. I'm expecting us to improve as the season progresses. Gonna be tough but I'm certainly not writing the season off just yet.
      I don't rate our strikers at all in the PL. I struggle to see where we will score enough goals to even be competitive.

I'm writing it off because one injury to Hemed and we have 0 strikers. If Hemed is the best striker we can put out on the park well, that says it all. He should be a handy sub coming off the bench, not one of the main strikers leading the line.
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Johnny RoastBeef View Post
      Last season we all but won the championship, but for a goalkeeping howler, with a squad that was more than the sum of its parts.

This season we have added quality in all areas.

Jose Izequierdo can play up top if we are looking for pure pace to get in behind teams.

Gross and Propper will improve.

Solly March is only going to get better.

Anthony Knockaert has only started one match and was the best player on the pitch.

We have so far played only 3 teams, 2 of which have won 3 of the last 6 Premier League titles, so don't judge us just yet.

We will be fine, even allowing for this setback.
      This is what i feel too. also this stat backs us up

"Brighton have failed to score in their first three Premier League games of 2017-18. Before this season, 11 teams had done this and none of those sides ended the season in the relegation zone."

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Medwayseagull View Post
      The over reaction by many on here has been nothing short of a disgrace. Live in the real world where things go wrong all the time and review your priorities if you cannot cope with not signing a striker.
      How patronising. I think most of us do all live in the real world. It's fair to say we have exited the transfer window under eqipped until the next window and we'll be feeding off bare bones. While we all want Albion to do well you have to accept that this is an appropriate time and arena to allow people to air their discontent at our recruitment strategy. Albeit sometimes OTT I wouldn't say it was disgraceful, or severe enough to tell people to 'check their privilege'.

1 Not allowed!
      In the real world if an entertainer turns up to a gig with shitty equipment and doesn't know the words to the songs they'll get canned.

Football and sport is part of that entertainment world. In the real world...
      If you are a real fan of a band/artist for all the reasons that people are fans of bands/artists then you don't just go off them. Wait till the January window and then stop paying/contributing to their efforts if that's what's best for you. In the meantime, keep going to their gigs/concerts and see how they get on.

7 Not allowed!
      People are paying good money to watch dross football?
      Amazing comment. True Albion fans know what real dross football is, and it is not this.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."