Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

José Izquierdo

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I think this is the one positive I'm taking from yesterday. Jose up the middle with March one side and Knockhaert the other, not ideal but the situation as it is, may force CH to play him up top.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Three up front could be exciting I think, can't see CH doing it though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Three up front could be exciting I think, can't see CH doing it though.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

I agree unlikely, but we've looked pretty toothless up front so far. CH did say he would have looked at it if Hemed got an injury at Watford. He also said Murphy was an option in that role.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I would have him on the bench for a few matches for 15 minute cameos. If you don't experiment you will never find out!

The fact he hasn't experimented suggests Chris already knows.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
I would have him on the bench for a few matches for 15 minute cameos. If you don't experiment you will never find out!

Absolutely. With lack of options up top, he might get more game time. Yesterday may be a blessing after all (desperately trying to put positive spin on it).

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
How do you convert a winger to a striker? Just change the label on his locker and tell him in training this morning that he is now a striker so he better score some goals?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Definitely think we should give Jose a go up front.

He and Knocky could prove to be our two best players this season, and they both play in the same position. We will need both of them on the pitch.

fatshats

Feb 23, 2012
The most important thing for me is that if, as seems likely, we struggle for goals with our current strike force, that Uncle Tony and the boys recognise that it is not the fault of the manager. If we end up sacking Chris Hughton at Christmas because we're rock bottom it would be a travesty. You can only work with what you've got and he hasn't got enough sadly.

Quinney

Aug 3, 2009
Hastings
Let's play our most expensive signing out of position. A great idea.

I can't see March or Knockhaert being dropped so we need to accommodate him somewhere. The pace of those three would cause a few problems.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Big, strong, Fast, knows where the goal is.

Convert him to a Centre forward with Gross, Knockaert and Solly behind him and things are suddenly not looking too bad.

Worked for Thierry

Big ? No 5'6

Strong ? Very much doubt it

Quick ? Most definitely

beefypigeon

Aug 14, 2008
Big, strong, Fast, knows where the goal is.

Convert him to a Centre forward with Gross, Knockaert and Solly behind him and things are suddenly not looking too bad.

Worked for Thierry

He's like 5ft 6, so hardly big and strong!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here