Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] #StrikerFail - who is to blame?

jaghebby

Mar 18, 2013
To be honest the blame game is not my concern and gets us no where. The key point is that all concerned learn from our first experience of a transfer window in the Premier League so that come January we are in a better position to address any shortcomings and improve the quality of the squad. UTA

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

Wellesley

Jul 24, 2013
Wages and fees only go up if clubs decide to pay the demands. I, for one, am glad if we don't buckle to the stupid and greedy demands of agents and players.
The pace at which some people on here have become corrupted by the riches of the premier league is a little depressing.

I get your point, but do you think that if we don't buckle it's going to make any difference? It's us that will pay the price of relegation and decreased funds, whilst the rest of the Premier League carry on as they were. It's not as if we're not handsomely rewarded for being in the top flight.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
According to Abraham nothing was drawn up with us.
The fees and percentage of wages to be paid had been agreed by the clubs (and remember, Abraham's wages were agreed with Chelsea, to whom he is contracted, not us) so that the choice of clubs was left to Abrahams and his advisors on footballing grounds. Then Abrahams and his agent requested a £1M bung on top of his wages.

Brighton Mod

Its All Too Beautiful
Not sure on that one but here's what can happen when it goes wrong:

Chelsea - Herman Crespo £16.8m
- Schevchenko £30 m

Man U - Wilfred Zaha £12m
- Dimitar Berbatov £30m

Man C - Robinho £32.5m

Arsenal - Andrey Arshavin

Liverpool - Mario Balotelli £16m

Its easy to spend the money, when its not yours, the above fails are the tip of the iceberg. Every team wants a prolific striker and I want to win the lottery, but its very difficult to achieve.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove

- Schevchenko £30 m

- Dimitar Berbatov £30m

Man C - Robinho £32.5m

Its easy to spend the money, when its not yours, the above fails are the tip of the iceberg. Every team wants a prolific striker and I want to win the lottery, but its very difficult to achieve.

Berbatov – 48 goals in 108 games, 2 league titles and a league cup; Sometimes the media skew how well players have actually done. Went to Fulham and still scored 19 goals in 51 appearances too.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003

- Schevchenko £30 m

- Dimitar Berbatov £30m

Man C - Robinho £32.5m

Best not try then?

I'd have loved a gamble over.........feck all. The fact that no fecker wanted to sign for us hurts too

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
To be honest the blame game is not my concern and gets us no where. The key point is that all concerned learn from our first experience of a transfer window in the Premier League so that come January we are in a better position to address any shortcomings and improve the quality of the squad. UTA

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

A striker in for the Feb to May games, but he won't have many winnable games in which to shine, as from March onwards most fixtures are against giants.

We'll Shirley try to do that, but it's notoriously hard to get someone of quality in January and selling clubs have you even more over a barrel. Very few signuficant transfers go through in January.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
The fact that no fecker wanted to sign for us hurts too
A fact that I'm 100% certain could have been altered during contract negotiations.

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
There are people posting utter shite about stuff they know nothing about. Seems plenty just want to throw money at anyone to get anyone. As for comparisons with Huddersfield, they played a Palace team that are shite, Newcastle who have hardly recruited and murmurings their manager will leave and Southampton at home. If they had started with Man City and Leicester I suspect they would be where we are.

Mike Small

Dec 26, 2008
Our strategy, naivety, complacency and lack of urgency. It was an absolute priority and we failed. Still gutted two days on. Knockhart and Iquizerdo playing close (not in the bloody full back positions) to Murray Still excites me to some extent but is still so threadbare until January.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here