Page 17 of 20 FirstFirst ... 714151617181920 LastLast

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rippleman View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    But it may be that Bloom did make the money available. We may not have offered enough money but that doesn't necessarily mean the money wasn't there.

"Greedy agents" and "over-inflated prices" seemed to have come as a shock to Barber; his naivety has shocked me and the buck has to stop with him.

Who was responsible for refusing to sanction the 1m bung to Tammy Abraham is also to blame (although that is also likely to be Barber!). 1m!! That looks very cheap now doesn't it?
    I was pleased, and I remain pleased, that my beloved Albion refused to pay a bung after agreements had been drawn up and agreed.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Gone Wrong Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
      It was just a perfect storm of greedy players, failed medicals and the recruitment team being wrong-footed by the general expansion rate of the football cash bubble. One day that bubble will burst (How could it not? It's like every financial bubble in history). The club that has been least caught up in the mania will suddenly find themselves top of the heap. Don't help in the short term tho, sadly.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      It was just a perfect storm of greedy players, failed medicals and the recruitment team being wrong-footed by the general expansion rate of the football cash bubble. One day that bubble will burst (How could it not? It's like every financial bubble in history). The club that has been least caught up in the mania will suddenly find themselves top of the heap. Don't help in the short term tho, sadly.
      I'm afraid the gravy train will grow and grow. Other platforms such as Netflix or Amazon or internet giants will dive into the PL mix sooner rather than later, and the huge Chinese interest from an endless list of billionaires has only just begun.

'Top' players and some agents will grow ever richer.
      Gone Wrong Tom Hark, Preston Park's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      I'm afraid the gravy train will grow and grow. Other platforms such as Netflix or Amazon or internet giants will dive into the PL mix sooner rather than later, and the huge Chinese interest from an endless list of billionaires has only just begun.

Disagree. People said much the same before the financial crash of 2008. No bubble lasts forever. It WILL all come crashing down one day. Just remains to be seen when.
      Buy The Ticket,Take The Ride - Hunter S. Thompson
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      The likes of Amazon or Netflix have the ability to absolutely blow sky and BT out of the water, previously there wasn't any competition domestically for the rights. Will be very interesting to see if they get involved in the next round of TV negotiations as if they do the stakes will rise even more.
      Lets all do the conga
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post

Wages and fees only go up if clubs decide to pay the demands. I, for one, am glad if we don't buckle to the stupid and greedy demands of agents and players.
      The pace at which some people on here have become corrupted by the riches of the premier league is a little depressing.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      Disagree. People said much the same before the financial crash of 2008. No bubble lasts forever. It WILL all come crashing down one day. Just remains to be seen when.
      Bootleg streams will kill SKY & BT in time and all pay TV deals will be much less as the companies won't be able to get anymore money to pay stupid money
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Shit happens
      The guy that invented predictive text died today, his funfair will be next fryingpan.
      Newly Joined

No single person to blame

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Who are you blaming and why?
      I don't believe there is a convenient scapegoat in this. I think we've made a lot of good signings in this transfer window, and the recruitment and commercial teams have worked hard. I understand the frustrations around the lack of striker, but we haven't yet had a match with Knockaert and Izquierdo at full fitness, and if the supply improves then the potential for converting chances increases. We also have a situation where we could potentially get Tilley and Connolly training with the first team, and possibly a bit of game time.

I'm going to support the team we've got through this season. The club worked on getting a striker of the right quality in, and couldn't. That can happen, but I saw no lack of effort.
      Newly Joined

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Who are you blaming and why?
      No easy scapegoat. The recruitment/commercial team has brought in good players, and while I understand the frustration re: strikers, I saw no lack of effort.

We are now in a situation where Knockaert and Izquierdo are available and may get goals acting as inside forwards, or supply our current striker(s) better via the wings.

Additionally, there's an opportunity for Connolly and Tilley to be training with the first team and given some game time where appropriate.

I'm supporting the team we have. This still has the potential to be a great season for us. Keep the faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk