Page 9 of 20 FirstFirst ... 678910111219 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 197
  1. #81
    Members Mattywerewolf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Saff of the River
    Posts
    883


    1 Not allowed!
    Never thought I'd see the day when people were having a go at Bloom for not opening the purse strings. All take a long hard look at yourselves.....
    Keep the faith

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #82
      Members
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      patcham
      Posts
      1,219


      0 Not allowed!
      As others have said I don't think we failed due to the recruitment team, they seemed to identify targets we just failed to land them which unfortunately means the blame lies higher up the chain.
      They was a lot of talk early in the piece about over heated markets etc and we just seemed slow to realise that we couldn't change that. When we accepted prices for what they are it was simply too late and we have now brought lots of shiny bits for our new car so to speak but have forgotten about the engine. I hope today we don't get any barber spin on this
    • #83
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      wisborough green
      Posts
      1,945


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by studio150 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      So which of the goals conceded have been down to a lack of height.
      How does his leap compare against taller keepers.

      What next all players must be a minimum of 6ft 5in regardless of their ability.
      A very sound policy
      Lack of height no being able to hold onto the bloody ball yes I fear for him this season


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #84
      worshipping Omiros
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      at home
      Posts
      39,411


      0 Not allowed!
      I woke up this morning expecting this spurs guy to have singed!

      But no....how do I feel about this season. Meh

      Who is to blame? We ultimately are for setting expectations that the club Ant possibly meet without spending huge amounts of money we obviously haven't got or won't spend.

      For us old fans that have been here for donkeys years, ultimately the getting there was much better than the arriving.

      We have found we have games at rediculous times, we can't get tickets to the better games away, we are told that things have never been better, we seem to be sidelining the players who got us to where we are.

      As I see it , This season in the prem is for the youngsters and newbies to the club to enjoy and to pit the club against the best teams in Europe. Personally I am so struggling to get enthusiastic but to be fair I have been so the last few years.

      I know this sounds like self indulgent twaddle but I really do not get all of this at the moment
      " It's a certain kind of fool that likes to hear the sound of his own voice"
      The Eagles - Certain Kind of Fool. Desperado
    • #85
      Members trueblue's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Hove
      Posts
      7,041


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by neilbard View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Not much point blaming anyone, ffs so who is accountable my f**king cat, get a grip man who is actually running this ship? Well its Bloom he has to be held to account for this debacle, he employs these jokers.

      If Hughton resigns who of us would be surprised? We have let this guy down, along with Newcastle and Norwich a great manager which these clubs including us have shat on, so sad.
      So Tony Bloom is going to be held to account by fans because he has let the club down?

      Hysterical.
    • #86
      Stand Or Fall Clive Walker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      823


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Publius Ovidius View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I woke up this morning expecting this spurs guy to have singed!

      But no....how do I feel about this season. Meh

      Who is to blame? We ultimately are for setting expectations that the club Ant possibly meet without spending huge amounts of money we obviously haven't got or won't spend.

      For us old fans that have been here for donkeys years, ultimately the getting there was much better than the arriving.

      We have found we have games at rediculous times, we can't get tickets to the better games away, we are told that things have never been better, we seem to be sidelining the players who got us to where we are.

      As I see it , This season in the prem is for the youngsters and newbies to the club to enjoy and to pit the club against the best teams in Europe. Personally I am so struggling to get enthusiastic but to be fair I have been so the last few years.

      I know this sounds like self indulgent twaddle but I really do not get all of this at the moment
      I actually get all of this.
      Goldstone – Priestfield – Withdean – The Amex
    • #87
      Stand Or Fall Clive Walker's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      823


      0 Not allowed!
      Build a bonfire.....build a
      Goldstone – Priestfield – Withdean – The Amex
    • #88
      Members PILTDOWN MAN's Avatar
      Join Date
      Sep 2004
      Location
      on the street
      Posts
      6,406


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Triggaaar View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      I disagree. As I've said in other threads, Ulloa was £8m 3 years ago. Strikers haven't gone up that much.
      Not really. We've been trying and failing to get more strikers in each of the last 3 windows, so it's not like we didn't know it was difficult. This really is unacceptably bad.
      Banging on about how mad the transfer market is and cost of players blah blah blah. How about how mad it is the bonkers money received for just being in the Premier League. Cake and eat it comes to mind.
      “FROM the towns all Inns have been driven: from the villages most. . . . Change your hearts or you will lose your Inns and you will deserve to have lost them. But when you have lost your Inns drown your empty selves, for you will have lost the last of England.”
    • #89

      0 Not allowed!
      I'm afraid that this has come from the very top.

      The recruitment team had identified exactly what players were needed, but the inflated market meant that a decision had to be made whether to go for them.

      Huddersfield did, ourselves and Newcastle didn't.

      The decision is a high level one. Bloom runs a company that has scouts in every country in the world, so he backed that knowledge and data.

      There were misgivings about that strategy a few weeks ago from within both companies.

      For what it's worth, and my opinion means shit, I think that looking Stockdale was just about as bad as the striker situation - he is a player that everyone gets on with and is good enough for the PL.

      I'm unsure about other signings - bar Izzy Brown and Izquerido.
    • #90
      Members
      Join Date
      Oct 2008
      Location
      wisborough green
      Posts
      1,945


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Mattywerewolf View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Never thought I'd see the day when people were having a go at Bloom for not opening the purse strings. All take a long hard look at yourselves.....
      This why we r where we r today because we have tried to do this on the cheap . Yes it does hurt blaming the messiah but he is the man who had the money this gamble has truly backfired and its him who needs to look at himself .


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
yyy