Page 19 of 20 FirstFirst ... 91617181920 LastLast
Results 181 to 190 of 197
  1. #181
    Members
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    790


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    If you're not prepared to believe money is the biggest issue, I guess we're done.
    That approach worked well for Pompey. Money makes everything good. More money makes it better.

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #182
      Members Stat Brother's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      West west west Sussex
      Posts
      38,143


      3 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by boik View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      That approach worked well for Pompey. Money makes everything good. More money makes it better.
      £100+m in
      £40+m out.

      Not exactly the 'Pompey model' is it?

      Whereas preparing to spend £25m as the clock strikes 11, most definitely reeks of Pompey.
      Last edited by Stat Brother; 02-09-2017 at 09:20.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

      .
    • #183

      1 Not allowed!
      To be honest the blame game is not my concern and gets us no where. The key point is that all concerned learn from our first experience of a transfer window in the Premier League so that come January we are in a better position to address any shortcomings and improve the quality of the squad. UTA

      Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
    • #184

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Plooks View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wages and fees only go up if clubs decide to pay the demands. I, for one, am glad if we don't buckle to the stupid and greedy demands of agents and players.
      The pace at which some people on here have become corrupted by the riches of the premier league is a little depressing.
      I get your point, but do you think that if we don't buckle it's going to make any difference? It's us that will pay the price of relegation and decreased funds, whilst the rest of the Premier League carry on as they were. It's not as if we're not handsomely rewarded for being in the top flight.
    • #185
      Members GT49er's Avatar
      Join Date
      Feb 2009
      Location
      Gloucester
      Posts
      16,676


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Justice View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      According to Abraham nothing was drawn up with us.
      The fees and percentage of wages to be paid had been agreed by the clubs (and remember, Abraham's wages were agreed with Chelsea, to whom he is contracted, not us) so that the choice of clubs was left to Abrahams and his advisors on footballing grounds. Then Abrahams and his agent requested a £1M bung on top of his wages.
    • #186
      Back From The Dead The Wookiee's Avatar
      Join Date
      Nov 2003
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      12,041


      0 Not allowed!
      Naivity
    • #187
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      A nice bit of South London
      Posts
      2,551


      0 Not allowed!
      Nobody
      It happens
      Your mum.
    • #188
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      A nice bit of South London
      Posts
      2,551


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Wookiee View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Naivity
      Nativity
      The baby Jesus
      Your mum.
    • #189
      Y.P.J spence's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2014
      Location
      Non EU
      Posts
      4,956


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BrianWade4 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Nobody
      It happens
      Drviel.

      Things in life happen for a reason.
      Kobanî liberated 26th Jan 2015 = Modern day Stalingrad
      RIP Ceylan Ozalp, 19
      https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Zqu...dex=11&list=WL
    • #190
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2010
      Location
      A nice bit of South London
      Posts
      2,551


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by spence View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Drviel.

      Things in life happen for a reason.
      Not always....
      A random event
      A senseless attack
      An unexplained phenomena.....
      Etc
      Your mum.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •