Page 18 of 20 FirstFirst ... 8151617181920 LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    partly bad luck with regards to players failing medicals, rejecting us, suddenly becoming unavailable etc. partly due to poor negotiation it would seem, and haggling over trying to get the best value for money instead of spunking it up the wall and hoping it sticks. some of this windows' instances can't be helped i.e. Dwamena heart condition, Andone's club blocking the move. but do feel as though the likes of Abraham, Niasse and Babacar could have happened, but didn't partly due to our "pedigree" of being an unattractive proposition that could have been negotiated against, but wasn't, and partly because we might not have pushed hard enough to get them although I have no idea about that so just speculating. if that is the case then the chief negotiator would be primarily to blame

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Plooks View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Wages and fees only go up if clubs decide to pay the demands. I, for one, am glad if we don't buckle to the stupid and greedy demands of agents and players.
      The pace at which some people on here have become corrupted by the riches of the premier league is a little depressing.
      I've never advocated enriching the likes of Tammy Abraham's extended family, agents or any other snouts at the trough. I would have found it frustrating if Niasse (with a very modest PL record) got a contract with us on say £65k a week, when just saying that AK, Izquierdo and others have maxed on £45k a week.

But PB recently said on TV that staying in the PL is everything. Hence the club's late moves for the likes of Babacar and Janssen, who would have demanded fantastic wages. That was the moment even the Albion board accepted the way it is.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Weststander View Post
      Odd.

Strikers with pace and able to score PL goals was always my main aspiration for the squad, stated on NSC, since April.

What were yours then?
      What does it matter? As usual, it's pretty much impossible to work out what point you're trying to make.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by GT49er View Post
      I was pleased, and I remain pleased, that my beloved Albion refused to pay a bung after agreements had been drawn up and agreed.
      According to Abraham nothing was drawn up with us.
      You make me

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tom Hark, Preston Park View Post
      It was just a perfect storm of greedy players, failed medicals and the recruitment team being wrong-footed by the general expansion rate of the football cash bubble.
      and a club still not prepared to accept the going rate for strikers until 22:58.

I don't understand the desire from many on here to blame anything and everything other than the club (Tony)
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      and a club still not prepared to accept the going rate for strikers until 22:58.

I don't understand the desire from many on here to blame anything and everything other than the club (Tony)
      Maybe because people have dealt with the real world before and know how complicated things are?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by boik View Post
      Maybe because people have dealt with the real world before and know how complicated things are?
      Refusing to ever blame a key component when the same issue keeps occuring, doesn't seem like a real world application of problem solving for a complicated issue.

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Stat Brother View Post
      Refusing to ever blame a key component when the same issue keeps occuring, doesn't seem like a real world application of problem solving for a complicated issue.
      So you know exactly what caused each proposed deal to fail.? Guess you must be high up in BHAFC then. I'll bow to your superior inside knowledge.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by boik View Post
      So you know exactly what caused each proposed deal to fail.? Guess you must be high up in BHAFC then. I'll bow to your superior inside knowledge.
      If you're not prepared to believe money is the biggest issue, I guess we're done.

0 Not allowed!
      Greedy agents.
      The height of two men, the weight of four, the strength of sixteen.....