Page 8 of 20 FirstFirst ... 56789101118 ... LastLast

0 Not allowed!
    Targets should have been identified months and months ago. This is utter incompetence tat who ever is trying to get the deals done.
    Goldstone – Priestfield – Withdean – The Amex

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Plooks View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Oh just leave it. He isn't even the shortest keeper in the premier league!
      All you lot will be so happy when we go down. All you are proving is some fans don't even deserve to watch premier league football. It is pathetic and embarrassing the amount of whining and moaning on here recently.
      Fully agree .
      I don't count Sheep to fall asleep, I shoot Palace Pikeys and torch their Caravans, one by one , oh what fun !.My blood runs Blue and White since 1963,a proud ex North Stander.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Sorrel View Post
      Back in the Championship we looked for decent Championship level players and we were an attractive proposition as we had good facilities and those who joined us had a reasonable chance of getting to play in the Premier League.

In the Premiership we looked for Premiership players and we are not an attractive proposition. Potential players see us as a Championship club in waiting and therefore the only ones who would want to join us are those who can't se any other route to getting into a Premiership club. Those already in a Premiership club are bound to see going us as a step down.

The only solution to look either overseas or to the lower league. And even lower league players will see other clubs as a better bet than us - Burnley, for example, have spent several years working out how to get points in the Premier League and are now a fairly good bet for players after more of a Premier League career.
      But they could have had relegation get out clauses. Jansen isn't going to get near first team football this season, but seemingly prefers a larger paycheck than 35 starts in the PL.

0 Not allowed!
      Paul Barber strikes me as the sort who would rather not do a deal unless it's at the terms he dictates!! I have a strong suspicion that he is in the middle of this cluster****

0 Not allowed!
      Adone had a £27m release clause and wanted to come. My guessing is we didn't offer the price despite being completely desperate
      Goldstone – Priestfield – Withdean – The Amex
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Blame is a tough word but the chairman and ceo define the strategy and the ceo implements it.

I think the failed medicals whilst frustrating, cant be held at any body on the recruitment side. Both seemed to need expert medical tests to identify and i suspect we are more risk averse that bigger clubs given the need for more care on how we use the cash.

But as @CheeseRolls said. The player we are looking at doesnt exist in the club structure. Its not like we even have 'one for the future' that meets the tall fast man up top.

So i can only assume the recruitment team keep udentifying players but they are either unrealistic given our budget or our budget is unrealistic given our circumstances. That one question will lead to where the blame lies
      Dislike list

Temporary - East, Dyche, Barton, Boro
      Permanent - Dean, Challis, Moreton, Pardew, Bellotti, Stanley, Archer
      Members

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by seagullwedgee View Post
      New favourites for the drop with every single bookie on oddschecker. Says it all. A friend did some analysis on when our matches against those in our mini league within the season, relative to other teams in our mini league. The balance of ours occur in the middle third of the season. That starts in 10 games time. We will have no one, so we will fail in the critical games against teams in our mini league. Our most difficult segment is our final third, and even if we do get big names in, it will be too late, and still very unlikely we'll defeat the big boys. Analytically, therefore, rather than bedwettingly, I believe thendie is already cast now.
      Jeez, I hope the players aren't as defeatist as some of our fans! Gonna be hard, but no need to surrender just yet.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Run View Post
      Paul Barber strikes me as the sort who would rather not do a deal unless it's at the terms he dictates!! I have a strong suspicion that he is in the middle of this cluster****
      But he's not though.
      One man, and one man alone is in the middle of it, everybody else is in orbit around him.
      Sure some (Barber-out) are close enough to touch him, but they most definitely are not in the middle.
      “Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling.” James E Starrs
      http://app.strava.com/clubs/north-stand-geeks
      Fantasy Vuelta - League Name: NSC Geeks League Code: 68204709

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by ROSM View Post
      Blame is a tough word but the chairman and ceo define the strategy and the ceo implements it.

I think the failed medicals whilst frustrating, cant be held at any body on the recruitment side. Both seemed to need expert medical tests to identify and i suspect we are more risk averse that bigger clubs given the need for more care on how we use the cash.

But as @CheeseRolls said. The player we are looking at doesnt exist in the club structure. Its not like we even have 'one for the future' that meets the tall fast man up top.

So i can only assume the recruitment team keep udentifying players but they are either unrealistic given our budget or our budget is unrealistic given our circumstances. That one question will lead to where the blame lies
      Very well thought out post. This all day long.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Clive Walker View Post
      Targets should have been identified months and months ago. This is utter incompetence tat who ever is trying to get the deals done.
      And you honestly don't think that they were? Astounding. That isn't the problem!

I think our recruitment team seem to have done a decent job. We had a long list of targets identified and it looks like Winstanley and the team did exactly what they were supposed to do. It's not their fault that players failed medicals or the people (person) that control the purse strings went in too low / didn't offer enough wages.
      "I am repeatedly a fan of his braggish self-assurance. No point, that I can remember, has he ever been foolish or incorrect. All based on scientific, biblical fact. He's a vivid sermoniser whose halo sometimes burns those who dare to question."