Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by The Wookiee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    This would have left us an opportunity to get a striker on loan !

Why waste our last loan deal on an ageing keeper when a striker is our main priority ??

I've mentioned this in a few other threads but feels it deserves a thread of its own !!

Discuss !!
    The loan deal with Krul wasn't done until very late on the last day and we may have already agreed a fee, wages, etc with Janssen at that point for a permanent transfer when the window was moments from closing, so why would we then still keep that last loan option open with minutes left before the window shut?

Were Newcastle even willing to sell Krul is also another thing to take into consideration, they may not have wanted to let him go permanently or were asking for stupid money (presuming he'd actually want to sign permanently for us, how long is his contract at Newcastle?)
    Last edited by Guy Fawkes; 01-09-2017 at 02:20.
    Please support the campaign to overturn this questionable conviction
    Free The Winters Campaign
    Incompatible Browser | Facebook

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      ha ha

Give up.

You are effectively blaming the club for not having a variety of options in the last hours of the transfer window.

.. without looking at the real issues.

I assume you are not a project manager.
      Our last loan card was played early today on a player for a position that was already adequately filled. Now tell me in your project manager experience, why waste that last card when another position wasn't secured ?
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Again hindsight is great isn't it?

Everyone wants a striker - how many PL class strikers went out on loan in the last 8/4:2/1 hours?

It reads as a loaded question but I genuinely have no idea. Who could we have had on loan?
      Sorry you are trashing the meaning of the word hindsight. Realising that we had not signed a striker is perfectly bloody obvious foresight
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guy Fawkes View Post
      The loan deal with Krul wasn't done until very late on the last day and we may have already agreed a fee, wages, etc with Janssen at that point for a permanent transfer so why would we then still keep that last loan option open with minutes left before the window shut?

Were Newcastle even willing to sell Krul is also another thing to take into consideration, they may not have wanted to let him go permanently or were asking for stupid money (presuming he'd actually want to sign permanently for us, how long is his contract at Newcastle?)
      Because the deal was not sealed and delivered?
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      Again hindsight is great isn't it?

Everyone wants a striker - how many PL class strikers went out on loan in the last 8/4:2/1 hours?

It reads as a loaded question but I genuinely have no idea. Who could we have had on loan?
      Joel Campbell from Arsenal went abroad on loan, I think he could have been a good addition
      The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      If our time extension paperwork to get the Janssen deal done had to be in at 11pm, the option to loaning never have been possible as there was no way to submit a loan deal before the deadline when it became clear that no permanent deal was possible.

We only had a shot at his signing due to the very late deal of Llorente to Spurs, meaning the opportunity didn't even exist to us before that happened so blaming our staff for leaving it too late is unfair imo
      Please support the campaign to overturn this questionable conviction
      Free The Winters Campaign
      Incompatible Browser | Facebook
      Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      All I am saying is, we should have bought Krull, a goalkeeper in a position that we didn't need to waste a our last loan deal on, therefore giving us an option late on in the window if other targets failed !! Isn't that how other premier league teams work ? They don't sign players on the assumption other deals go through ? Hence why when a player is signed it creates a domino effect ?
      But that isn't what you are saying at all.

If Krul had been loaned early you and LI would have an argument and I would agree with you. But he traveled down this morning.

Anything could have happened on the last day. That's a problem.

0 Not allowed!
      I still think people are missing my point. Why did we go in and use our last loan ,early doors today,on a position that is already filled, on a player we could have bought, when our priority was a striker ??

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      But that isn't what you are saying at all.

If Krul had been loaned early you and LI would have an argument and I would agree with you. But he traveled down this morning.

Anything could have happened on the last day. That's a problem.
      We should have bought Krull !!

0 Not allowed!
      I still think people are missing my point. Why did we go in and use our last loan ,early doors today,on a position that is already filled, on a player we could have bought, when our priority was a striker ??
      It's not a difficult answer to give, again: because the club had high confidence of concluding a permanent deal with (one of) their chosen target(s).

That confidence was clearly misplaced.
      Please buy from Amazon via this link. Thanks.