Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Progressive Patriot clapham_gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by poidy View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Cause and effect analysis....it's like my Lean Six Sigma course all over again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Drives me nuts

Why did that happen ? We panicked.

Why did you panic ?

We ran out of time.

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      Amazing that people are defending the indefensible here - no way should the last loan been used until a striker was safely signed
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Wookiee View Post
      I guess that's why we aren't Premier League Ready then ! Assuming we've signed people ! Jeez !!

Perhaps Jannsenn would have come on a season loan ?
      ha ha

Give up.

You are effectively blaming the club for not having a variety of options in the last hours of the transfer window.

.. without looking at the real issues.

I assume you are not a project manager.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by clapham_gull View Post
      But we used that up on the last day mate.

Wasn't I clear

Again - all on the last day when the club thought they had a striker lined up.

I presume you don't work in an industry with very tight dependencies. I do.

Leave everything till last minute and anything (and everything) can go wrong.

Forget the goalkeeper loan argument it's irrelevant. The problem was we failed to secure a striker early and I'm sure the club were fully aware of the priorities.

You are suggesting that Brighton had (after Krul) a "less than a day" window to secure a striker on loan which is frankly bollocks.

Yes they have ****ed up quite obviously - but not for the reason you suggest.
      All I am saying is, we should have bought Krull, a goalkeeper in a position that we didn't need to waste a our last loan deal on, therefore giving us an option late on in the window if other targets failed !! Isn't that how other premier league teams work ? They don't sign players on the assumption other deals go through ? Hence why when a player is signed it creates a domino effect ?
      The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by y2dave View Post
      Agreed, we've obviously got huge doubts on Ryan and the decision to part with Stockdale and loan Walton seems a poor one.
      Have we? - Or is that just spin from some fans

Walton went on loan because he needs game time at his current stage of development in his career , and we need 3 keepers in the squad regardless of how the others have been doing so far for us this season as its cover for injuries, etc as the next opportunity to get a keeper if one or more of our current keepers got injured is not until January

And Stockdale decided to leave and you can't force players to stay / join as demonstrated in this window
      Last edited by Guy Fawkes; 01-09-2017 at 02:12.
      Please support the campaign to overturn this questionable conviction
      Free The Winters Campaign
      Incompatible Browser | Facebook

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by London Irish View Post
      Amazing that people are defending the indefensible here - no way should the last loan been used until a striker was safely signed
      That's my point !! Don't know why people don't get that !! Especially when we used that last loan on a player we could have paid money for !

0 Not allowed!
      Again hindsight is great isn't it?

Everyone wants a striker - how many PL class strikers went out on loan in the last 8/4:2/1 hours?

It reads as a loaded question but I genuinely have no idea. Who could we have had on loan?
      Members
      Trapped inside the Project for the New American Century

0 Not allowed!
      If Janssen was prepared to come here on loan (and that needs to be fact checked with by some credible operator like Naylor), then it was probably one of the most catastrophically misjudged non-deals in our history - the anti Mark Beeney
      "I have been in professional football since I was 16 - that's 33 years this summer. I have seen and done it all. In Brighton, I thought that I had found a club that sat outside the norm. People who love their club but are realistic about their club's prospects in dire circumstances. That appealed to me. That is what I call true loyalty. Supporting the club as you have done through the hard times. I am prepared to be here through these hard times and to develop a squad as I have started to do in preparation for the day that we all move to a new stadium at Falmer. I need your support, patience and understanding in the long-term because there is no quick fix. I hope you will continue to give me that opportunity." Mark McGhee, 17th April 2006

0 Not allowed!
      Well not really - I wouldn't defend that.

But you can't use that argument over circumstances that happened in the last hours.

It's easy to criticise what happened in panic.

Everything was obviously too late. When you place yourselves in that situation analyzing what happened within it is a bit of a waste of time. You are applying slow motion where slow motion didn't exist.

Striker should have been done much earlier. Apply flexibility and deal with the constraints of lesser proprieties.

Now that easy for me to say But I'm replying to a belief that the Krul Loan buggered a striker loan deal.

As all this happened in the last day (and shouldn't have) it's my strong belief the hypothesis is bollocks and that's not defending the indefensible.

Striker not got in earlier in the window ? Yeah rubbish, really really rubbish.

0 Not allowed!
      Deals take hours to finalise at the quickest. Krul's deal being confirmed happened very late, hours after he arrived at the training ground. As this was happening, I'm willing to bet the club already knew the likelihood of incoming transfers. It looks like Krul being confirmed was delayed to the point where the club knew nothing else in (on loan) was possible. Janssen refusing to come so late is a kick in the teeth, but that's the proplem when waiting so late (and Janssen himself couldn't happen until Llorente and Bony was finished, forcing Brighton to wait).
      WE ARE BRIGHTON