Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

See you all in the Championship then

Hugo Rune

NSC Patreon
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The Championship will be tough. Boro learnt their lesson and have spent £30m this window on strikers alone.

Barnham Seagull

Yapton Actually
Dec 28, 2005
Yapton
To many players unproven in English football and no strikers signed = major potential **** up

Think we have been trying to be to clever and by default naive in the extreme.

Going to be like climbing Everest now to stay up

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
I have no problem with sober sensible comment like yours. It is the hysterical meltdown by others that leaves me aghast. Not that I give a shit about them, but I'm sure that chunks of this bedwetfest is being cut and pasted on Holmesdalenet as I type. If it were me, I would.

#sacktheboard-not

People's passions come out in different ways.

Honestly the people who simply go down the ho hum whatever the club does i'll support them path don't seem very passionate people at times.

They seem content to accept mediocrity so long as they are outwardly always defending everything the club does.

It's easy to say people are bedwetters when it's simply their passion and pride for the club and their wanting us to be competitive that gets them riled up. They don't want their team to be a laughing stock.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patreon
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
People's passions come out in different ways.

Honestly the people who simply go down the ho hum whatever the club does i'll support them path don't seem very passionate people at times.

They seem content to accept mediocrity so long as they are outwardly always defending everything the club does.

It's easy to say people are bedwetters when it's simply their passion and pride for the club and their wanting us to be competitive that gets them riled up. They don't want their team to be a laughing stock.

When we were run by Archer, 'ho hum' was clearly wrong. But people should not allow passion for their club to justify lashing out at a decent passionat local owner. If they have issues with club employees then it needs to be worded more clearly. Maybe these empassioned people, unclear who to blame, should start a 'who should we scapegoat' thread, then start a protest next home game.

That would be really helpful.

:facepalm:

Somtimes getting behind the club is the only option.

Tyrone Biggums

Jun 25, 2006
Geelong, Australia
When we were run by Archer, 'ho hum' was clearly wrong. But people should not allow passion for their club to justify lashing out at a decent passionat local owner. If they have issues with club employees then it needs to be worded more clearly. Maybe these empassioned people, unclear who to blame, should start a 'who should we scapegoat' thread, then start a protest next home game.

I haven't seen many posts potting Bloom himself.

It's been more a collective blame game. The club didn't help itself by saying they are PL ready when it's obvious they are a long way off that.

Getting fans hopes up and not seeming to deliver on those statements naturally leads to disappointment when fans have bought into those statements.

Nixonator

Feb 8, 2016
Shoreham Beach

What do you mean by getting behind the club exactly?

I will be there at 30-35 league games again this season and will barely be able to speak after each one, I buy my fair share of club merchandise and I vehemently defend the club even when I consider external criticism warranted.

But this is an albion forum with fellow albion fans and I will give my honest opinion that this has been a cataclysmic cluster**** of a transfer window and I cannot escape the feeling of immense frustration that we left it so late. Though I do not want heads to roll, some kind of admittance and culpability might be a good thing. As someone has previously said, we have signed more goalkeepers than strikers, it honestly beggars belief.

Feck it, good night.

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
We found it hard enough signing strikers when we were flying high in the championship.

Clearly it's nigh on impossible when you're near the bottom of the prem.
I suspect our unwillingness to overpay is the clincher. Others will add 5milliion to the deal to get it done. We won't

Our approach works well for us I the less competitive markets.

I'm disappointed we haven't added to the squad in the area required. But I would be equally disappointed if we had spunked 25 million on our 5th choice target.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
We found it hard enough signing strikers when we were flying high in the championship.

Clearly it's nigh on impossible when you're near the bottom of the prem.
I suspect our unwillingness to overpay is the clincher. Others will add 5milliion to the deal to get it done. We won't

Our approach works well for us I the less competitive markets.

I'm disappointed we haven't added to the squad in the area required. But I would be equally disappointed if we had spunked 25 million on our 5th choice target.

That spunked 25 million could easily turn into a 200 million windfall if we stay up. Certainly give us a fighting chance at least. As it stands we looked doom for the drop now. Then you have all the implications of your best players not sticking around, rebuilding etc.Lets face it players like Knocky,March Dunk,Duffy won't stay.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We will create chances but we won't put enough of them away.
I think some of our players will give up trying to create chances. What's the point?

God imagine how the players are feeling :facepalm:

We actually have a weaker strike-force than last season (no Baldock). Seriously, WTF?

We needed 2 strikers. So we could have held out until today to get one we really wanted, but we needed to get someone half decent before today. It's so bad it's beyond my comprehension. It's the opposite of PLR. FFS.

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I think Hemed with goals from rampaging wingers will still keep us in with a chance on Jan 1st if they can all stay fit. Remember Hemed and Knockaert were only a lick of paint away from scoring against Watford. The main thing for me about #strikerfail though isn't pissing my knickers because Hemed isn't good enough, but more the fact that we don't have a single match fit striker as back up.

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
I think Hemed with goals from rampaging wingers will still keep us in with a chance if they can all stay fit. Remember Hemed and Knockaert were only a lick of paint away from scoring against Watford. The main thing for me about #strikerfail though isn't pissing my knickers because Hemed isn't good enough, but more the fact that we have not a single match fit striker as back up.

I wasn't at the game and so somebody can correct me on this. Hemed once again had about 3 reasonable chances(against 10 men) and failed to score. That ratio seems to be most games. Certainly in the Championship at least

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I wasn't at the game and so somebody can correct me on this. Hemed once again had about 3 reasonable chances(against 10 men) and failed to score. That ratio seems to be most games. Certainly in the Championship at least

Being a tad over-critical. He hit the woodwork with one of those, a couple of inches further to the right and we'd have 2 more points, our first PL goal and perhaps NOT be getting on the back of our only fit striker who we are going to be counting on for next few months at least.

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
Being a tad over-critical. He hit the woodwork with one of those, a couple of inches further to the right and we'd have 2 more points, our first PL goal and perhaps NOT be getting on the back of our only fit striker who we are going to be counting on for next few months at least.

I would never get on his back, but sadly as much as we all love Hemed he's not up to the Premier League mind you neither is Murray. :shrug: We may need to sign a striker oh hang on. :bounce:

Mental Lental

Jul 5, 2003
Shiki-shi, Saitama
I would never get on his back, but sadly as much as we all love Hemed he's not up to the Premier League mind you neither is Murray.

Yes they are, remember we're not talking about competing against the top end. They'll bag a few against dross like Palace. And we'll score more from midfield with rampaging inside forwards like Knockaert and Izquierdo in the 4-5-1/4-3-3 system Hughton seems to be playing.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here