Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast
    Members

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Zebedee View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    I'm almost speechless about the events of yesterday and can't quite believe what happened. I'll be supporting the side regardless of results this season but I've now lost some of the passion I had for the club and fully expect us to go down; probably with the lowest Premier League points total ever. How the club have let things get into this state is beyond comprehension. A very sad day for me but hey ho it's only football.
    Good news is they organised a great open top bus tour, they just forgot to buy some Premier League players when they got there
    To die by your side, is such a heavenly way to die...

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by TWOCHOICEStom View Post
      I'm gutted. It seems like our smart thinking transfer dealings work wonderfully on most occasions. But we've royally ****ed up the most important negotiations. I feel sorry for everyone at the club this morning. There'll be a lot of good people feeling extremely guilty today.

But in hindsight. We needed to get business done early in this department. As that deadline approached it handed all of the cards to our targets and left us desperate and in a terrible position to negotiate. We're still pretty new to this whole thing but Christ, you'd think since the day we were promoted they'd have taken care of this.

What a mess.
      Jon Smith, the well known football agent, explained yesterday in a long radio interview the workings at the end of the transfer window. He said that only clubs of the draw of Spuds or similar are able to pay for relative bargains on the last day or two. Players really want to go to clubs of that ilk, leaving the buying club in a great position with the selling club needing to balance the transfer books before the window closes / reduce payroll costs after bringing in their own players. He made it plain for all the other clubs, in the main prices do not fall from what they might have been in June/July, quite the opposite.

The cute Levy-like approach purported by some, ending up being bollocks for a club no where near that level, the Albion.

Lessons learnt all round you'd hope.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Tyrone Biggums View Post
      Snipers?

The club does deserve to be criticised for not having any depth in the striker department.

Our striker options consist of the very same players we came up with. That's not acceptable if you want people to come watch PL quality football.
      Blimey, I must have missed the two Izzys last season!
      Resident Australian Tyrone Biggums's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by boik View Post
      Blimey, I must have missed the two Izzys last season!
      Forward/wingers, not strikers
      It's a marathon, not a sprint.

0 Not allowed!
      I'm looking forward to getting back to the championship. I ****ing hat the PL. I hate the oppo fans, I hate the Sky hoopla, I hate trying to get tickets, the list goes on. One of the reasons I love BHA is that we were a Championship side. It's a level that suits us.

But, I'd go back to Withdean given half a chance so what do I know.

BHA is not a Premiership team.
      Nearly.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Guinness Boy View Post
      I've slept on it and sobered up, and come to the conclusion that we're in deep shit.

https://brightononlyathome.wordpress...s-big-trouble/
      Good article.

You state that we can't reasonably play March, Jose, Brown and Knocky in the same team.

These are unreasonable times with our lack of striker options. And looking at our current injury crisis, it's not beyond all possibility that Hemed will get crocked for Israel whilst Groß might be needed back in his natural position in the centre.

We could see the quoted four starting a game very soon (injury permitting of course)!
      :guitar:
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by SeagullSam View Post
      Yes I'm annoyed.... very annoyed, but the response on here has been ridiculous. We sound like Arsenal - whinging and whinging when we don't know how lucky we've got it. Other clubs would give their right arm to be in our position.

This strike force got us here so let's hope they can keep us here. Now that we've failed in the transfer window we need to focus a lot of energy on keeping Baldock fit.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Keeping baldock fit , well how long is he still out for at the moment . Bet transfer window will nearly b open before he plays again

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by The Clamp View Post
      I'm looking forward to getting back to the championship. I ****ing hat the PL. I hate the oppo fans, I hate the Sky hoopla, I hate trying to get tickets, the list goes on. One of the reasons I love BHA is that we were a Championship side. It's a level that suits us.

But, I'd go back to Withdean given half a chance so what do I know.

BHA is not a Premiership team.
      One thing is for certain... prices won't go down if we do.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
      Chrissy Hughton Fanboy Guinness Boy's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Rune View Post
      Good article.

You state that we can't reasonably play March, Jose, Brown and Knocky in the same team.

These are unreasonable times with our lack of striker options. And looking at our current injury crisis, it's not beyond all possibility that Hemed will get crocked for Israel whilst Groß might be needed back in his natural position in the centre.

We could see the quoted four starting a game very soon (injury permitting of course)!
      Thanks.

I probably should have been clearer in that we definitely can't play all 4 as wingers at the same time

I can see Brown at 10, Izquierdo up front as makeshifts at times.
      Brighton But Only At Home

It's a blog. About home games. And some other stuff.

0 Not allowed!
      The top scorers for teams like stoke, west brom, west ham, southampton and burnley all got 8 goals or less. Thats nearly a 1 in 5 goal ratio.

Teams like Sunderland had a key striker....

Thankfully we have some VERY good attacking players buzzing around the striker. Knockaert looked a real threat at watford and izquierdo may well be a superstar.

Sure, it didnt go to plan. But bloody hell get a grip.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world