Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

LlcoolJ

Mama said knock you out.
Oct 14, 2009
Sheffield
That's interesting, because I heard on the hush hush that Everton weren't the sort of club to relent, so I'd be surprised if we thought they would :)

8f617e82abacd1b73632f5b98af7a5c5.jpg

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
It's possible there was more than one option. My guess would be Janssen. He wasn't needed at Spurs, we'd have liked him and made an offer, he was away on international duty and didn't have a chance to meet our manager, see our ground or training facilities etc, and didn't want to sign permanently for a club predicted to get relegated. I don't blame him. On loan until January, however, he could have said yes.

I can't see why Spurs wouldn't have loaned him to a PL club, that makes no sense at all.

There must have been some willingness on the part of the player, otherwise we wouldn't have got a two hour extension on deadline day to complete the deal.

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
It's possible there was more than one option. My guess would be Janssen. He wasn't needed at Spurs, we'd have liked him and made an offer, he was away on international duty and didn't have a chance to meet our manager, see our ground or training facilities etc, and didn't want to sign permanently for a club predicted to get relegated. I don't blame him. On loan until January, however, he could have said yes.

I can't see why Spurs wouldn't have loaned him to a PL club, that makes no sense at all.

That's interesting, because I heard on the hush hush that Everton weren't the sort of club to relent, so I'd be surprised if we thought they would :)

I was always the one who said that because I watched closely how well they negotiated on the sales of players like Wayne Rooney and Francis Jeffers. And how well they negotiated on the purchase of players like Tim Cahill. They were absolutely brilliant.

They had made it clear to Niasse he wasn't in their plans and that he could leave. It was easy to think they might relent as the close of the window drew closer. What they eventually did was exactly what Arsenal did with Alexis Sanchez. They ended up being willing to lose out financially so as not to let any other club think they got the better of them in negotiations in a transfer deal.

Niasse is a good player. I wouldn't be displeased now if he outlasts the Manager there who treated him like a piece of sh*t

NooBHA

Jan 13, 2015
You could have told our club :)

Not my place to - Niasse was different scenario to Rooney, Jeffers and Cahill. They were all players ''wanted'' by Everton. They (well the manager at least) had publicly stated that Niasse wasn't in his plans, so it was only stubbornness on their part probably

I have no respect when a Club does that to a footballer. At least when Brighton did it with Stephens it was because he was highly rated at the club and vital to first team plans when aiming for Promotion

Stat Brother

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It's all going a bit Vincent.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here