Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
So we could have offered him a relegation release clause. Not something we're generally offering players, but we're not generally signing players the day after the window closes.

Agreed. A ****ing loan for a 3rd choice keeper, that prevents us getting a striker in on loan. How the **** can the club be so stupid?

We don't actually know any of this. Krul might be first-choice keeper, for one thing ....

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Not seen enough of him to be too despondent, all I know is that Spurs fans think he's nowhere near good enough for the level they're playing at.

Record in Holland looks good but so was Kezmans when he came to the Prem and he looked awful

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
We don't actually know any of this.
Any of it? We know that we've got two PL loans, we know that we're not allowed more, so we know it wasn't possible to get a striker on loan last night. Right?
Krul might be first-choice keeper, for one thing ....
But that would just highlight more bad recruitment, since we've already paid a huge fee for another first choice.

dingodan

Feb 16, 2011
In the absence of the club fronting up and explaining what went wrong iver more than 4 months........ people can be excused for making their own mind up.

It's entirely possible that our illustrious club leadership are not actually as sharp as the sycophants on this site believe they are.....Barber, Bloom, Winstanley and even Houghton have ducked up..... it will cost the club, someone has to take the blame.

Have you thought the the manager may now become unsettled?.. he may start touting himself elsewhere behind closed doors... he is a desirable commodity for any number of clubs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What a load of crap.

You can't make transfers happen, it's complicated stuff, and in some cases it can only be done last minute, as clubs wait to see who goes where, what replacements come in, to get the best price etc, and in so many respects these things are not in our hands.

We had some very good deals lined up, we worked hard and did the right things. If we get one of those big striker deals over the line, "Our recruitment team is fantastic" if we don't, "Who is to blame? heads should roll!", some of you people are down right crazy.

Nobody is to "blame" I am sick of hearing the word. Sh*t happens, we lined up a number of good quality strikers, and for various reasons things didn't come off. That's life in the transfer market.

That's life in the Premier League, but then I suppose idiotic fans acting like children is too.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Their loss. I want players that want to play for us, not ones who just want the cash.

I think that's a bit idealistic.

There won't be too many players in our squad that grew up as kids dreaming of playing for Brighton.

Players will be here for a variety of reasons but money is going to be a big factor for most of them.

dazzer6666

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
What a load of crap.

You can't make transfers happen, it's complicated stuff, and in some cases it can only be done last minute, as clubs wait to see who goes where, what replacements come in, to get the best price etc, and in so many respects these things are not in our hands.

We had some very good deals lined up, we worked hard and did the right things. If we get one of those big striker deals over the line, "our recruitment team is fantastic" if we don't, "who is to blame? heads should roll!", some of you people are down right crazy.

Nobody is to "blame" I am sick of hearing the word. Sh*t happens, we lined up a number of good quality strikers, and for various reasons things didn't come off. That's life in the transfer market.

That's life in the Premier League, but then I suppose idiotic fans acting like children is too.

Damn you with your ridiculous common sense and logic.

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
What a load of crap.

We had some very good deals lined up, we worked hard and did the right things. If we get one of those big striker deals over the line, "Our recruitment team is fantastic" if we don't, "Who is to blame? heads should roll!", some of you people are down right crazy.

How many strikers and when?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
I think that's a bit idealistic.

There won't be too many players in our squad that grew up as kids dreaming of playing for Brighton.

Players will be here for a variety of reasons but money is going to be a big factor for most of them.

There's a quantum leap between dreaming of playing for Brighton, and wanting to play here in the Premier League, especially foreign players.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
I've come to the conclusion that any poster that can't after this amount of time spell Hughton correctly doesn't have many thoughts worth listening to

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
What a load of crap.

It's the hyperbole that gets me. It's a disaster. No, millions without homes, and thousands dying in the Bangladeshi floods is a disaster.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
There's a quantum leap between dreaming of playing for Brighton, and wanting to play here in the Premier League, especially foreign players.

We could go round and round with this.

Players are playing for us because, at the time they signed, they believed it was the best option for them. What is adjudged to be "best" will be comprised of many things but money will almost certainly be a highly influencing factor for most of them. There will be very few of our players, if any at all, who chose us over and above a more lucrative alternative.

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
I've come to the conclusion that any poster that can't after this amount of time spell Hughton correctly doesn't have many thoughts worth listening to

I've come to the conclusion that anyone who continually falls for the deliberate misspells might need to be a little more busy, maybe a hobby or something?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
1) he was brought by Chelsea not Liverpool

2) the small matter that Chelsea also had Didier Drogba to score goals. We have f*cking Tomer Hemed

Yes my mistake Torres was bought by Chelsea for £45m and couldn't hit a barn door. Yes Hemed is no Drogba but neither is Jannsen.

If we want any strikers to start scoring magic goals we need to start feeding them with magic passes, which means working as a unit. Hemed has been a soldier for us and I wouldn't write him off because the team have to make the chances first. He was unlucky to only hit the post against Leicester so we are only talking about small margins.

If not signing a new striker means we have to rely more on Hemed then I am glad we have Hemed who is passionate for us.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Loss of face for players going to a big Premier League club from Holland and then to little ole Brighton. He would not live it down back home.

Player with the most wayward shooting in the Premier League last year. 33 shots per goal.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Loss of face for players going to a big Premier League club from Holland and then to little ole Brighton. He would not live it down back home.

Player with the most wayward shooting in the Premier League last year. 33 shots per goal.

Why would he not live it down back home?

I would suggest looking into VJs club history.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here