Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
I'm sorry but there is no way Jansson was going to leave Spurs for us. European Cup or the Sussex Senior cup- mmmmm let me think

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
penguin-dogs__605.gif

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Looks to me like we were deliberately fouled by Newcastle rather than tripped ourselves up.

Clearly TB needs to quit poker and learn chess so that we can anticipate even one move ahead by the opposition!

Even by Albion standards that is a massive leap in shifting the blame, can't see Barber using that in the eagerly awaited diatribe of excuses which will be forthcoming, at length, shortly!

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
Even by Albion standards that is a massive leap in shifting the blame, can't see Barber using that in the eagerly awaited diatribe of excuses which will be forthcoming, at length, shortly!
In the absence of the club fronting up and explaining what went wrong iver more than 4 months........ people can be excused for making their own mind up.

It's entirely possible that our illustrious club leadership are not actually as sharp as the sycophants on this site believe they are.....Barber, Bloom, Winstanley and even Houghton have ducked up..... it will cost the club, someone has to take the blame.

Have you thought the the manager may now become unsettled?.. he may start touting himself elsewhere behind closed doors... he is a desirable commodity for any number of clubs.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
In the absence of the club fronting up and explaining what went wrong iver more than 4 months........ people can be excused for making their own mind up.

It's entirely possible that our illustrious club leadership are not actually as sharp as the sycophants on this site believe they are.....Barber, Bloom, Winstanley and even Houghton have ducked up..... it will cost the club, someone has to take the blame.

Have you thought the the manager may now become unsettled?.. he may start touting himself elsewhere behind closed doors... he is a desirable commodity for any number of clubs.

I am as pissed off as anybody that the club has ****ed this up so badly but I am not going to run around this board like a chicken with it's head cut off worrying about what might happen now. What will be will be, avoiding relegation will be a massive achievement now. If CH wants out, which I doubt, then he will go. We have been in much worse places :shrug:

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I am as pissed off as anybody that the club has ****ed this up so badly but I am not going to run around this board like a chicken with it's head cut off worrying about what might happen now. What will be will be, avoiding relegation will be a massive achievement now. If CH wants out, which I doubt, then he will go. We have been in much worse places :shrug:

This. I'm very disappointed with what happened yesterday, Two clubs agreed terms, but players didn't want to come, and one player who desperately wanted to come, but his club was greedy & blocked it.

Oh well, the season will be difficult, but the team need our support more than ever now. What's done, is done, so there's no point in wringing our hands about it. Up the Albion.

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
I'm sorry but there is no way Jansson was going to leave Spurs for us. European Cup or the Sussex Senior cup- mmmmm let me think

Yep.

There are some deluded people on this thread.jansson is one of the top stars of Dutch football at the moment. He can do better than Brighton

I suspect he was never on our radar and this was barber pulling in a favour last minute with spurs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Withdean11

Feb 18, 2007
Brighton/Hyde
My thoughts are he didn't want to join a club that could be in the championship next year permanently on a long contract that we would have undoubtedly insisted on with such a large transfer fee.

A loan could well have happened.

Unfortunately, that was not possible due to the loan signing of Krul. A wasted loan IMO.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Chris has been badly treated by Newcastle & Norwich in the Prem league, so I would think the opposite is true. He will want to show those clubs, they were wrong to sack him. Both clubs panicked when they weren't actually in the relegation zone.
He'll see this as a challenge, and he's level headed enough to see it through, even if the worse come to the worse, there's no manager I'd like better.

aolstudios

Nov 30, 2011
brighton

This, sadly.
Except it's Hughton, ffs

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

The only reason our manager might become unsettled is because of some f**kwits who still can't spell his name after two and a half years. Who would want to manage a team with fans that stupid?

heathgate

NSC Patron
Apr 13, 2015
That's it... concentrate on pedantry... head in sand... never mind, the serious stuff will pass by in a year or two....

Not ever heard of auto-correct?

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
My thoughts are he didn't want to join a club that could be in the championship next year permanently on a long contract
So we could have offered him a relegation release clause. Not something we're generally offering players, but we're not generally signing players the day after the window closes.

Unfortunately, that was not possible due to the loan signing of Krul. A wasted loan IMO.
Agreed. A ****ing loan for a 3rd choice keeper, that prevents us getting a striker in on loan. How the **** can the club be so stupid?

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
The only reason our manager might become unsettled is because of some f**kwits who still can't spell his name after two and a half years. Who would want to manage a team with fans that stupid?

Well in my opinion Hewton has not ****ed up, he's about the only one in the club hierarchy in the clear!!

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
I was mildly consoled to hear how poorly Jansen played for Holland yesterday. Sad, I know, but there it is.

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
This. I'm very disappointed with what happened yesterday, Two clubs agreed terms, but players didn't want to come, .......

Those were the ones that we knew about.
I've heard another 2 strikers turned us down yesterday as well.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here