Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

Drumstick

NORTHSTANDER
Jul 19, 2003
Peacehaven
Bit annoyed this one fell through.

He's going to struggle to even get on the bench at Spurs now, so a loan would have been perfect.

Chance to prove Spurs he's worth keeping and if he turned out to be shite Brighton have not wasted a load of money.

Think this is poor by the player if he has turned it down.

We couldn't have loaned him as we already had Brown and Krul. Can only have two.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Commander

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 28, 2004
London
Big failure by the club but looking forward to seeing who they blame, can't see it being anyone to do with the most professionally run club in the football league. A mix of greedy players, agents, Inflated prices and enormous amounts of bad luck will come in to it somewhere.

Which are all indeed to blame. But that's the Premier League. You can't spend years trying to get here and then when we get here moan about all the above. That's what we signed up for.

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
Baffling by the player , especially in a World Cup year !

Just goes to show what some of these players care about the most. Could have banged in 15 goals for us and seen his value rocket. Instead he's opted for a season on the bench. Would be interesting to know where it broke down, whether salary or release clauses etc.

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
Just goes to show what some of these players care about the most. Could have banged in 15 goals for us and seen his value rocket. Instead he's opted for a season on the bench. Would be interesting to know where it broke down, whether salary or release clauses etc.

He's "only" on 25k a week according to reports - so can't be wages

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex

It would be crazy not to think the Albion were asking VJ to walk away from tens possibly even hundreds of thousands £££'s

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Which are all indeed to blame. But that's the Premier League. You can't spend years trying to get here and then when we get here moan about all the above. That's what we signed up for.

Lest we forget, we are lucky to be here as a club, we have a great stadium and we had two fantastic years getting to the Premier League. It can't all be good and I remember last time we were in the top flight, the journey was much better than the destination. We will need to pull off a miracle to survive and we will be on the back foot pretty well every game, but as you say that's what (most of us on here) signed up for and getting here has been the dream.

For whatever reason though, it has to be said that we have fecked up a wonderful chance to be competitive by failing to land a single striker. Piss poor imo but support will not waver from me.

Stat Brother

Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
He's "only" on 25k a week according to reports - so can't be wages

I find it hard to believe a player signs a £17m deal, that 'only' generates £25k a week.
That's championship money.

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex

We're constantly told by Bloom and Barber how complicated these deals are. Hell, even getting players already on our books to sign a longer deal can take ages to negotiate.

As such, is it any real surprise that we weren't able to finalise a deal in c2 hours with a bloke away on international duty who has probably never been to Brighton nor spoken to Chris Hughton?

n1 gull

Jul 25, 2003
Hurstpierpoint
We're constantly told by Bloom and Barber how complicated these deals are. He'll, even getting players already on our books to sign a longer deal can take ages to negotiate.

As such, is it any real surprise that we weren't able to finalise a deal in c2 hours with a bloke away on international duty who has probably never been to Brighton nor spoken to Chris Hughton?

Totally agree which makes the loan deal for a 3rd keeper all the more ridiculous

Kinky Gerbil

Im The Scatman
Jul 16, 2003
hassocks
I find it hard to believe a player signs a £17m deal, that 'only' generates £25k a week.
That's championship money.

Why is that hard to believe? Young, unproven, Levy?

Eriksen Was only on about 30k till last year.

17 million isn't far off a championship fee either....

father_and_son

Jan 23, 2012
Under the Police Box
I wonder if Janssen didn't want a permanent move but would agree to a loan, which means Krul blocked the transfer as a second loan player.

I am pretty sure that this is the story. We agreed one deal, possibly even before deadline day and then found we only had a few hours to convince him to take a different deal. Suggests that we might have had someone else or a different deal in mind for a keeper.

Looks to me like we were deliberately fouled by Newcastle rather than tripped ourselves up.

Clearly TB needs to quit poker and learn chess so that we can anticipate even one move ahead by the opposition!

heathgate

Apr 13, 2015
We're constantly told by Bloom and Barber how complicated these deals are. Hell, even getting players already on our books to sign a longer deal can take ages to negotiate.

Makes it even more incredulous that our so called club experts, actually thought that leaving the hard yards until the final couple of hours was an acceptable strategy. More than 4 months??!!.... what an appalling situation.

We will now go close to emulating Derby and their record breaking inept season.

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Titanic

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
West Sussex
Went to bed at 00:30 hoping this deal might happen. To be honest, I am a bit disappointed it hasn't worked out.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here