Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

Bra

Feb 21, 2009
patcham
What a crap day. Well for whatever reason we have made it near impossible to survive and that's a real shame

Hugo Rune

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Feb 23, 2012
Brighton
The other African striker said no i believe

Would the City, Training Ground & Amex tour and accompanying DVD have made a difference? I'm sure Babacar & Janssen would not have been 'sold' the club and city in the best way possible in such a short time frame.

Megazone

On his last warning
Jan 28, 2015
Northern Hemisphere.
Well, let's hope Hemed turns into a world class goal scoring machine top end Prem clubs will wish to have at their dispense, Murray scores over 25 and get's a cap for England. Baldock comes back from injury extremely quickly and completely shreds every defence he's faced to pieces whilst being hailed the new Jimmy Greaves.
You never know, Ashley Barnes has looked okay so far in the Prem. Craig Noone did a half decent job for a while. Elliott Bennett had some moments of magic and even Tommy Elphick has had his captaincy whilst playing in the Prem.
Let's not over estimate this league and just assume every team we're up against is coated with world class players. So many of them are just over-rated, over priced, average professional footballers filling in so the top 6 have someone to play against.

We're not out of this at all. If we can continue to play like we did against Watford, but with Jose's speed included, then I'm hopeful come the next window, we'll still have a very strong chance of staying up and bringing in a few top quality centre forwards.

Night night folks.

Last edited:

Thunder Bolt

Ordinary Supporter
No it doesn't. It's on the form which they have to fill in to get the extension. It's in black and white.

I thought a deal had to be agreed before an extension was granted. It seemed to be two hours just to do the paperwork.

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I wonder if Janssen didn't want a permanent move but would agree to a loan, which means Krul blocked the transfer as a second loan player.

Lindfield23

Dec 14, 2016
Grow up, FFS.

Fair enough, "useless" was a stupid word to use. Am normally an optimist, just bitterly disappointment at the pig's ear that the recruitment team have made with regards to finding a striker. Oh well:albion2:

Luke93

STAND OR FALL
Jun 23, 2013
Shoreham
I thought a deal had to be agreed before an extension was granted. It seemed to be two hours just to do the paperwork.

This is my understanding too. The clubs and the player (and his agent) had to sign on the transfer sheet (as shown on Sky Sports). Surely a verbal deal in principle would have been discussed?

BevBHA

Jan 23, 2017
We will be fine, it's a team game and remember Torres being bought for £45m by Liverpool and couldn't score.

1) he was brought by Chelsea not Liverpool

2) the small matter that Chelsea also had Didier Drogba to score goals. We have f*cking Tomer Hemed

rocker959

Jan 22, 2011
Plovdiv Bulgaria
Just get behind the players we have ffs . We will win and draw enough games to avoid relegation . No problem . Doom mongers .

poidy

Aug 3, 2009
Absolute shambles. How are we unable to sign one striker in four months of searching?? It's so amateurish and in stark contrast to how the rest of the club is run.

We've sealed our own fate with this one. If anyone thinks we can stay up with Murray, Hemed and Baldock they are seriously deluded. As is anyone that says "the loan market opens in a few weeks". If we can't find a decent forward in four months the loan market isn't going to miraculously unearth one.

Everyone at the football club knew we were light on strikers. To be in this position is frankly embarrassing. There's no smoke without fire and there has to be something fundamentally wrong with how we are going about player recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Proves I was right - no terms have to be agreed ahead of deadline.

No, it doesn't. The form itself explicitly states that it is not contractually binding. It is the football equivalent of a Heads of Terms. There is sufficient agreement between all three parties (including the player) for there to be a decent chance that a contract can be signed in 2 hours; but it's not a guarantee.

The form requires the player's signature saying that personal terms are agreed. But, as the whole thing is not contractually binding, it can still fall apart.

atomised

Mar 21, 2013
Absolute shambles. How are we unable to sign one striker in four months of searching?? It's so amateurish and in stark contrast to how the rest of the club is run.

We've sealed our own fate with this one. If anyone thinks we can stay up with Murray, Hemed and Baldock they are seriously deluded. As is anyone that says "the loan market opens in a few weeks". If we can't find a decent forward in four months the loan market isn't going to miraculously unearth one.

Everyone at the football club knew we were light on strikers. To be in this position is frankly embarrassing. There's no smoke without fire and there has to be something fundamentally wrong with how we are going about player recruitment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is no loan market.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
Heads need to f*cking roll over this transfer window. I can accept a dollop of bad luck - it happens, but how many transfers have gone to shit this window?

Abraham, Neto, Gomez, The Ghanaian Striker, Denswil, Andone, Babacar, Janssen.

That's more than bad luck, that's a serious level of incompetence. There's no hiding from the fact. Unless every signing we've made this summer turns in to a world beater then Bloom needs to have a long hard look at some of the absolute chancers we're apparently employing.

I thought being in the Premier League was supposed to make us one of the most attractive clubs to join? I thought we wowed potiential recruits when we spoke to them?

We've spent all this time and money to get here and what do we have to show for it? Hemed up front in the Premier League. Pathetic.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here