Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
Again, it wasn't an either/or situation. We needed a third gk and a striker. One worked out, one didn't.

Yes, but by using our second loan on a goalkeeper, it meant we couldn't sign a striker on loan.

A third goalkeeper, or a striker. Not too tough a choice.

Yes, there was a choice, and IMO the club made the wrong decision.

Don't be fooled by Barber's spin.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Yes, but by using our second loan on a goalkeeper, it meant we couldn't sign a striker on loan.

I'm not fooled by Barber's spin. We weren't going to get a striker on loan, once Abraham had gone to Swansea.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

A second choice goalkeeper, actually. And no strikers so high up our wants list available on loan - except where you've decided they are.

You've basically accused Barber of lying.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
A second choice goalkeeper, actually. And no strikers so high up our wants list available on loan - except where you've decided they are.

You've basically accused Barber of lying.

If you took the trouble to read what I wrote, I said a third goalkeeper. Not a third choice goalkeeper.

Actually.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
When did they decide that Maenpaa wasnt good enough to sit on the bench as back up to Ryan?
When they could get a goalkeeper with well over 100 premier league apps and numerous international appearances to do it instead

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Thou shalt not question the club. Apparently.

What a pitifully nonsensical thing to write. We question the club all the time. You might not bother to question them, but that's up to you. Gobbing off from the back with silly statements isn't 'questioning' them.

However, if you can find the first-hand, peer-tested evidence that Barber is lying, and that you know more about the situation than he does, let us know.

If you took the trouble to read what I wrote, I said a third goalkeeper. Not a third choice goalkeeper.

Actually.

And your point about having a third goalkeeper (which we also desperately needed) is...?

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA

Is that from the loan striker tree?

crasher

Jul 8, 2003
Sussex
What a pitifully nonsensical thing to write. We question the club all the time. You might not bother to question them, but that's up to you. Gobbing off from the back with silly statements isn't 'questioning' them.

However, if you can find the first-hand, peer-tested evidence that Barber is lying, and that you know more about the situation than he does, let us know.

Do you have the faintest idea of how patronisingly you always come across on this board? You appear as a pompous self-appointed club policeman.

Worse than that you appear to twist what other people say. I question the club when I feel it's justified - that's pretty much my entire point. So to claim that 'I might not bother to' is just mendacious.

And your point about 'evidence' that Barber is lying is utterly irrelevant. I never said he is lying and nor did the Mellor 3. What he said was that there was 'spin' - spin isn't the same as lying, it's presenting facts in a particular light - something we all do on occasion.

So wind your neck in your boring *******.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
When they could get a goalkeeper with well over 100 premier league apps and numerous international appearances to do it instead

At the cost of a striker with the keeper likely to occupy the bench seat and a striker desperately needed. Whether its correct or not I believe that we only signed Krul on loan as we couldnt do the deal before the deadline, as indicated by Benitez that we had been after him for a long time. By signing him on loan we were able to convert the loan to permanent when it was all sorted As a result of this loan we were unable to sign a loan striker.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
At the cost of a striker with the keeper likely to occupy the bench seat and a striker desperately needed. Whether its correct or not I believe that we only signed Krul on loan as we couldnt do the deal before the deadline, as indicated by Benitez that we had been after him for a long time. By signing him on loan we were able to convert the loan to permanent when it was all sorted As a result of this loan we were unable to sign a loan striker.
Barber has already said Tottenham were not willing to loan him to another Prem club. He is only on loan now as that was the only option Spurs had left to get rid.

bhanutz

Aug 23, 2005
Do you have the faintest idea of how patronisingly you always come across on this board? You appear as a pompous self-appointed club policeman.

Worse than that you appear to twist what other people say. I question the club when I feel it's justified - that's pretty much my entire point. So to claim that 'I might not bother to' is just mendacious.

And your point about 'evidence' that Barber is lying is utterly irrelevant. I never said he is lying and nor did the Mellor 3. What he said was that there was 'spin' - spin isn't the same as lying, it's presenting facts in a particular light - something we all do on occasion.

So wind your neck in your boring *******.

I really don’t think he does notice.... he believes his own hype...the most patronising prat on here.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005
It was a huge huge cock up from the club. Anyone who can't see that really has swallowed all of Barber's spin hook line and sinker

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill
So, which striker that we thought was up to the job did we not get on loan due to signing Krul? Seems the reason our targets did not come was due to other things, inherent heart problems, current club changing their mind and for Janssen, just didn't want to come here.

Or, those claiming we didn't get someone because of Krul would have been happy with anyone signing as long as somewhere on their CV it said striker/forward.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Barber has already said Tottenham were not willing to loan him to another Prem club. He is only on loan now as that was the only option Spurs had left to get rid.

I wasnt referring to Jansen specifically as had we done the deal for Krul earlier we could have gone after another loan striker from another top club. As we didnt we couldnt and so it didnt matter when the Jansen deal fell through because as you say Spurs werent prepared to loan him to another Premier Club.

lovelyboy

Nov 17, 2005

This would be an absolute extraordinary position for Spurs to take. It literally doesn't make any sense

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here