Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Vincent Janssen

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Why does this and numerous other articles all state that the deal was a "LOAN"? Presumably they are all mistaken because if not it was a major cock up by the Albion.

All we know is that the club's had agreed 'a deal', and it was VJ who turned the move down.
I suppose it doesn't really matter now, move onto the WBA game and head for the Jan transfer window.

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton
Bet he is regretting it now ?

I'm still in two minds about it, fee would have been north of £20m which I'm not sure is good value for someone who cost Spurs £17m and hasn't done anything to justify going up in value.

However had a good scoring record in Dutch league and internationally and I don't believe he is as bad as he has looked at Spurs in his limited appearances.

Can't see us going back in for him in Jan .... back to Andone I think

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill

I'm still in two minds about it, fee would have been north of £20m which I'm not sure is good value for someone who cost Spurs £17m and hasn't done anything to justify going up in value.

However had a good scoring record in Dutch league and internationally and I don't believe he is as bad as he has looked at Spurs in his limited appearances.

He didn't look much cop at all for Holland last night. Certain other players looked MUCH better.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I think we dodged a bullet here. Spurs wanted to offload him, just like Everton and Niasse.

Imagine the hand wringing on here if we spent a load of dosh on them and they didn't deliver!

middletoenail

Jul 2, 2008
Hong Kong
We missed a massive bullet, the guy is complete tosh! Everyone goes on about Daniel Levy being this smooth operator, but he's wasted a fortune over the last couple of years. Soldado, Lamela, Sissoko, Janssen... plus more!

He was probably licking his lips when we made an offer

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

tronnogull

May 17, 2010
On deadline night, when we were in for him, I looked at his highlight reels. It seemed that almost all his goals were scored from in or close to the 6 yard box after good approach work by someone else and poor defending. Nothing like as exciting as the strikers that we missed out on for various unfortunate reasons.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1

Why is he regretting it? He wouldn't get champions league football for us. Being paid more to work less. This is a MASSIVE MASSIVE win win for him, unless of course you're very happy to work more and earn less.

He's regular no9 for holland when not playing and that isn't changing anytime soon.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
Completely incorrect, as ever. His shooting ACCURACY was actually quite decent (49%).

Correction 33 shots w/o a goal up to January 2017 in the Spurs side. Slow starter. Excludes penalties. .

cf. Hemed accuracy is about 50%. Including penalties. Murray's record for Brighton in is recent spell is about the same.

I expect Jansen would have been a younger version of those two and would have been an improvement. I think he is a bit quicker for a start.

Andone seemed the more exciting of the potental signings.

I don't like hoofing the ball up to a relatively static target man striker anyway. I'd rather a striker who runs around a bit either being unmarked or drawing the defence wide or collecting the ball from a deep position and starting a quick attack.

Janssen a straight replacement for Chadli at Spurs. I quite liked the Chadli style of play but he might not make the staring XI for WBA ? Chadli was a slow starter for Spurs as well. Janssen is five years younger than Chadli and has quite few years to some good.

Last edited:

maglers

Apr 26, 2011
Why is he regretting it? He wouldn't get champions league football for us. Being paid more to work less. This is a MASSIVE MASSIVE win win for him, unless of course you're very happy to work more and earn less.

He's regular no9 for holland when not playing and that isn't changing anytime soon.

Janssen has been left out of Spurs' Champions League squad...

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
I think we dodged a bullet here. Spurs wanted to offload him, just like Everton and Niasse.

Imagine the hand wringing on here if we spent a load of dosh on them and they didn't deliver!

Yep not spending any dosh certainly kept the hand wringing down to a minimum.

blockhseagull

Jan 30, 2006
Southampton

Because is the World Cup at the end of the season and his main competition for his place in the Netherlands side is scoring goals for Sporting

If he is getting no game time he isn't going to keep his international place for long.

Whitechapel

Famous Last Words
Jul 19, 2014
Not in Whitechapel
We missed a massive bullet, the guy is complete tosh! Everyone goes on about Daniel Levy being this smooth operator, but he's wasted a fortune over the last couple of years. Soldado, Lamela, Sissoko, Janssen... plus more!

He was probably licking his lips when we made an offer

Sent from my SM-G9350 using Tapatalk

Bit harsh to include Lamela in that list. Was starting to look good before he picked up an injury.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here