Page 71 of 80 FirstFirst ... 216168697071727374 ... LastLast
Results 701 to 710 of 791

Thread: Vincent Janssen

  1. #701
    Members dazzer6666's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Burgess Hill
    Posts
    15,385


    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    Ah. Think I've got it now.

    We play with one centre forward, but people think we needed 3.

    Yet, we play with one goalkeeper, but people are annoyed we signed a third.
    The simplest explanations are often the best

    Taking it a stage further, we could easily start without a CF (almost had to this week).
    "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

    • North Stand Chat

      advertising
      Join Date: Jul 2003
      Posts: Lots

        


    • #702
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      8,863


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by DavidinSouthampton View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      If we were to take the chance of not signing a third goalkeeper, we would be almost certain to need one within the next 10 mimutes........

      ...... slight exaggeration there, but it can and does happen. Who would have thought in terms of our midfield that we would have Kayal and Sidwell out reasonably long term. And that is a less specialist area. It's not a risk I would want to take on the goalkeeper front.
      Sod's law! Of course.

      Re your second para - Has it happened?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #703
      Members dazzer6666's Avatar
      Join Date
      Mar 2013
      Location
      Burgess Hill
      Posts
      15,385


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by One Teddy Maybank View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Sod's law! Of course.

      Re your second para - Has it happened?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Yes. Kayal broken leg and Sidwell a 'minor' back operation - can't remember CH's exact words in the press conference but he's going to be out a while.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"
    • #704
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar
      Join Date
      Jul 2003
      Location
      Sūþseaxna
      Posts
      20,998


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ah. Think I've got it now.

      We play with one centre forward, but people think we needed 3.

      Yet, we play with one goalkeeper, but people are annoyed we signed a third.
      I think there is a chance that Ryan will miss game or two if Australia win the next play-offs . And Walton is injured and the emergency recall option is not on. Third keeper might be essential


      Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
    • #705
      Members Bakero's Avatar
      Join Date
      Oct 2010
      Location
      Cagliari
      Posts
      3,232


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Brighton4Cambridge3 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ah.

      Apolgises all.
      No problem. For a minute there I was worried that I'd been playing against a disabled team unwittingly when I was a kid.
    • #706
      Members
      Join Date
      Aug 2006
      Location
      Worthing
      Posts
      8,863


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dazzer6666 View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Yes. Kayal broken leg and Sidwell a 'minor' back operation - can't remember CH's exact words in the press conference but he's going to be out a while.
      Sorry, I mean with GKs, anywhere in the PL in the last 10 years?


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    • #707
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      9,192


      2 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      Ah. Think I've got it now.

      We play with one centre forward, but people think we needed 3.

      Yet, we play with one goalkeeper, but people are annoyed we signed a third.
      You arent being serious are you?

      How many times a season do you need more than one goalkeeper a game?

      Even with playing one striker upfront, both Hemed and Murray are usually spent after 70 minutes which would mean we would need at least two per game, Plus do we not want options. Having three keepers is sensible but would you really say it was a preference over another striker.

      Lets get serious, a 4th choice striker is likely to play more games than a second choice keeper let alone 3rd choice keeper.
    • #708
      Dullard Thunder Bolt's Avatar
      Join Date
      Aug 2009
      Location
      Beside the seaside, beside the sea
      Posts
      34,338


      1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You arent being serious are you?

      How many times a season do you need more than one goalkeeper a game?

      Even with playing one striker upfront, both Hemed and Murray are usually spent after 70 minutes which would mean we would need at least two per game, Plus do we not want options. Having three keepers is sensible but would you really say it was a preference over another striker.

      Lets get serious, a 4th choice striker is likely to play more games than a second choice keeper let alone 3rd choice keeper.
      Again, it wasn't an either/or situation. We needed a third gk and a striker. One worked out, one didn't.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
    • #709

      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Munkfish View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      You arent being serious are you?

      How many times a season do you need more than one goalkeeper a game?
      In your squad you will have 20 odd who are good with their feet. Let's call them footballers. Liverpool have one recognised centre forward and he doesn't even start (Daniel Sturridge)

      If one of your two strikers are injured, you can input one of these other footballers into that position and it may not prove disastrous.

      If you lose 2 keepers (a COMPLETELY specialist position) and are forced to put in a footballer into goal it WOULD be disastrous.

      We are not trend setting in making sure we have 3 keepers in our squad. It's a completely logical idea.
      The Bernie Taupin of the Football Chant world
    • #710
      Members
      Join Date
      May 2006
      Posts
      9,192


      0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mejonaNO12 aka riskit View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      In your squad you will have 20 odd who are good with their feet. Let's call them footballers.

      If one of your two strikers are injured, you can input one of these other footballers into that position and it may not prove disastrous.

      If you lose 2 keepers (a COMPLETELY specialist position) and are forced to put in a footballer into goal it WOULD be disastrous.

      We are not trend setting in making sure we have 3 keepers in our squad. It's a completely logical idea.
      I am not questioning having 3 keepers is a bad Idea, but the Idea of Having 3 strikers 2 of which are fit feels a little weak and leaves as vunrable as if we had two keepers.

      As you say others could play there, Virgo once did a terrific job, but we are a premier league club not league 1 having to count every penny.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •