Page 54 of 80 FirstFirst ... 4445152535455565764 ... LastLast

Thread: Vincent Janssen

Members

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
    What a load of crap.

You can't make transfers happen, it's complicated stuff, and in some cases it can only be done last minute, as clubs wait to see who goes where, what replacements come in, to get the best price etc, and in so many respects these things are not in our hands.

We had some very good deals lined up, we worked hard and did the right things. If we get one of those big striker deals over the line, "Our recruitment team is fantastic" if we don't, "Who is to blame? heads should roll!", some of you people are down right crazy.

Nobody is to "blame" I am sick of hearing the word. Sh*t happens, we lined up a number of good quality strikers, and for various reasons things didn't come off. That's life in the transfer market.

That's life in the Premier League, but then I suppose idiotic fans acting like children is too.
    How many strikers and when?

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Bozza View Post
      I think that's a bit idealistic.

There won't be too many players in our squad that grew up as kids dreaming of playing for Brighton.

Players will be here for a variety of reasons but money is going to be a big factor for most of them.
      There's a quantum leap between dreaming of playing for Brighton, and wanting to play here in the Premier League, especially foreign players.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain
      Members

6 Not allowed!
      I've come to the conclusion that any poster that can't after this amount of time spell Hughton correctly doesn't have many thoughts worth listening to

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by dingodan View Post
      What a load of crap.

You can't make transfers happen, it's complicated stuff, and in some cases it can only be done last minute, as clubs wait to see who goes where, what replacements come in, to get the best price etc, and in so many respects these things are not in our hands.

We had some very good deals lined up, we worked hard and did the right things. If we get one of those big striker deals over the line, "Our recruitment team is fantastic" if we don't, "Who is to blame? heads should roll!", some of you people are down right crazy.

Nobody is to "blame" I am sick of hearing the word. Sh*t happens, we lined up a number of good quality strikers, and for various reasons things didn't come off. That's life in the transfer market.

That's life in the Premier League, but then I suppose idiotic fans acting like children is too.
      It's the hyperbole that gets me. It's a disaster. No, millions without homes, and thousands dying in the Bangladeshi floods is a disaster.
      Quote Originally Posted by brighton bluenose View Post
      NSC at its very best ~ a post based on assumption on a matter the poster hasn't got a clue about!!
      If you don't read the newspaper you are uninformed, if you do read the newspaper you are misinformed. -Mark Twain

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      There's a quantum leap between dreaming of playing for Brighton, and wanting to play here in the Premier League, especially foreign players.
      We could go round and round with this.

Players are playing for us because, at the time they signed, they believed it was the best option for them. What is adjudged to be "best" will be comprised of many things but money will almost certainly be a highly influencing factor for most of them. There will be very few of our players, if any at all, who chose us over and above a more lucrative alternative.

1 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by atomised View Post
      I've come to the conclusion that any poster that can't after this amount of time spell Hughton correctly doesn't have many thoughts worth listening to
      I've come to the conclusion that anyone who continually falls for the deliberate misspells might need to be a little more busy, maybe a hobby or something?

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Thunder Bolt View Post
      It's the hyperbole that gets me. It's a disaster. No, millions without homes, and thousands dying in the Bangladeshi floods is a disaster.
      Absolutely........bit of perspective is always good.
      "Prejudice is a great time saver. You can form opinions without having to get the facts"

4 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by BevBHA View Post
      1) he was brought by Chelsea not Liverpool

2) the small matter that Chelsea also had Didier Drogba to score goals. We have f*cking Tomer Hemed
      Yes my mistake Torres was bought by Chelsea for £45m and couldn't hit a barn door. Yes Hemed is no Drogba but neither is Jannsen.

If we want any strikers to start scoring magic goals we need to start feeding them with magic passes, which means working as a unit. Hemed has been a soldier for us and I wouldn't write him off because the team have to make the chances first. He was unlucky to only hit the post against Leicester so we are only talking about small margins.

If not signing a new striker means we have to rely more on Hemed then I am glad we have Hemed who is passionate for us.
      Broad Blue & White stripe perseus's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Loss of face for players going to a big Premier League club from Holland and then to little ole Brighton. He would not live it down back home.

Player with the most wayward shooting in the Premier League last year. 33 shots per goal.

Brighton = blue
      Albion = white
      Hove = just a little gold necklace stripe
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by perseus View Post

Player with the most wayward shooting in the Premier League last year. 33 shots per goal.
      Completely incorrect, as ever. His shooting ACCURACY was actually quite decent (49%).
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.