Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The club need to issue a statement to fans...

BadFish

Huge Member
Oct 19, 2003
I can imagine there is going to be a lot of hostility building over the few months if our lack of fire power means instant relegation so i think the club should EXPLAIN to the fans why they have not got a striker. I think it should go something like this...

"SInce we had promotion confirmed we have scoured the globe for the right talent and over the last 3 months have approached x (say 37) players, 10 said no thanks outright,10 we decided werent better than the current squad, 3 failed medicals, 6 the selling club demanded far to much transfer fee and the other 8 wanted more wages than we were prepared to pay withour risks the balance of the clubs wage structure"

(Then the waffle :) - Despite this the club has an exceedingly good base of players and we have great confidence that the front men we have will see us to safety"....

Now if i was Barber or Houghton , thats the sort of statement i would make...

We all know that this has happened, why the hell do they need to explain it? Do people really assume that we haven't signed a striker because everyone at the club has sat with their thumbs up their arses?

Are we really that needy that we require a statement to explain what we already know?

neilbard

Hedging up
Oct 8, 2013
Tyringham
We have not been told by Naylor or the club that the window has closed without any more signings. Surely they would have done so by now if there wasn't an imminent announcement about a striker signing?

Straw clutching at it's best, I'm sure you'll agree

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
It's not irrelevant but you certainly do provide some much needed perspective! Next May the WORST that can happen is we get relegated from the top tier with a chest full of loot, a brilliant stadium and play in the 4th biggest league in the world. In contrast to relegation May '97 where the WORST that can happen is near certain liquidation and starting again on a local park that requires fan-volunteers to clear dog turds prior to KO.

So, with that in mind, I'm still Team Tony and anyone he judges to manage our club on and off the pitch. :thumbsup:
Yes, but we're still not making serious efforts to get into the Champions League..........

Seriously though - spot on!

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
We all know that this has happened, why the hell do they need to explain it? Do people really assume that we haven't signed a striker because everyone at the club has sat with their thumbs up their arses?

Are we really that needy that we require a statement to explain what we already know?

This. With golden bells on.

In Breaking News, Ravel Morrison has just signed for a club in Mexico. Or it may have read, 'been clubbing in Mexico'. Or even 'been clubbed over the head in Mexico'.

BrianWade4

Aug 17, 2010
A nice bit of South London
I can imagine there is going to be a lot of hostility building over the few months if our lack of fire power means instant relegation so i think the club should EXPLAIN to the fans why they have not got a striker. I think it should go something like this...

"SInce we had promotion confirmed we have scoured the globe for the right talent and over the last 3 months have approached x (say 37) players, 10 said no thanks outright,10 we decided werent better than the current squad, 3 failed medicals, 6 the selling club demanded far to much transfer fee and the other 8 wanted more wages than we were prepared to pay withour risks the balance of the clubs wage structure"

(Then the waffle :) - Despite this the club has an exceedingly good base of players and we have great confidence that the front men we have will see us to safety"....

Now if i was Barber or Houghton , thats the sort of statement i would make...

Fair play - you got your statement!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here