Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast
    Members

The club need to issue a statement to fans...

0 Not allowed!
    I can imagine there is going to be a lot of hostility building over the few months if our lack of fire power means instant relegation so i think the club should EXPLAIN to the fans why they have not got a striker. I think it should go something like this...

"SInce we had promotion confirmed we have scoured the globe for the right talent and over the last 3 months have approached x (say 37) players, 10 said no thanks outright,10 we decided werent better than the current squad, 3 failed medicals, 6 the selling club demanded far to much transfer fee and the other 8 wanted more wages than we were prepared to pay withour risks the balance of the clubs wage structure"

(Then the waffle - Despite this the club has an exceedingly good base of players and we have great confidence that the front men we have will see us to safety"....

Now if i was Barber or Houghton , thats the sort of statement i would make...
    Hughton for Manager of the Season..no make that DECADE

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

1 Not allowed!
      It doesn't matter does it. The club will spin it, and we're all signed up for the season so they've got our money.
      900k people in Bromley & Croydon, almost double pop of Manchester. Bigger than Norwich & Ipswich. Fickle fans in terms of attendance, cup games increased attendance do not help.
      Steve Parish - CPFC2010
      Minister of Information

0 Not allowed!
      Send it to PB. He just needs to copy and paste it. Done.
      I've lost my way. If anyone should find it, do return it quickly. I should imagine it quite rusty by now.

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It doesn't matter does it. The club will spin it, and we're all signed up for the season so they've got our money.
      Yep, and your 600 season ticket is far more valuable than another season in the Premier League
      I'm in the mood for ska
      Members The Andy Naylor Fan Club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Springal View Post
      Name:  82b23ac5-6ee6-422f-a20c-248c651d5461.gif
Views: 1137
Size:  1.59 MB
      When you are out and about, if you see someone without a smile, give them one of yours.
      Harry Wilson's Tackle Harry Wilson's tackle's Avatar

7 Not allowed!
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0Q93v7hGZA

Premier League : Brighton, le club le plus cool d'Angleterre

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by giveusfalmerplease View Post
      I can imagine there is going to be a lot of hostility building over the few months if our lack of fire power means instant relegation so i think the club should EXPLAIN to the fans why they have not got a striker. I think it should go something like this...

"SInce we had promotion confirmed we have scoured the globe for the right talent and over the last 3 months have approached x (say 37) players, 10 said no thanks outright,10 we decided werent better than the current squad, 3 failed medicals, 6 the selling club demanded far to much transfer fee and the other 8 wanted more wages than we were prepared to pay withour risks the balance of the clubs wage structure"

(Then the waffle - Despite this the club has an exceedingly good base of players and we have great confidence that the front men we have will see us to safety"....

Instant relegation? Wow.
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

8 Not allowed!
      We have not been told by Naylor or the club that the window has closed without any more signings. Surely they would have done so by now if there wasn't an imminent announcement about a striker signing?

Straw clutching at it's best, I'm sure you'll agree
      Falmer, concrete proof that if you build it they will come
      Massive up 170417 LamieRobertson's Avatar

5 Not allowed!

Try spelling the mangers name correctly .....from your sofa
      The voice of treason Guy Fawkes's Avatar

12 Not allowed!

Who brought their st based on future signings or just as long as we remain a pl team?

Or did the vast majority, like me buy one to watch the team, as they will through the good times and the bad and regardless of how transfers work out, etc...

They have nothing to explain or a need to release any statements about their activities
      Please support the campaign to overturn this questionable conviction
      Free The Winters Campaign
      Incompatible Browser | Facebook